Trezeguet - Not ready yet ? (1 Viewer)

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Even if he played the full ninety minutes in the match against Como, French international striker David Trezeguet admitted he was slightly unhappy about his performance. This feeling was rendered more acute as Juve conceded an embarrassing home to their opponents.

"My knee has still not completely healed", the Juventus forward told the press this morning. "This is an awkward period for me. I am not in tip top conditions so I guess we'll just have to wait a little".

Buy on AliExpress.com

Almajhool

Sep 8, 2002
I'm totally w/ u Paolo_Montero ...

he needs time ... his injury is so bad ... that he needs some time to get back to his full performance ...

WAITIN FOR U TREZYGOL

Almajhool

Sep 8, 2002
yeah .. Salas must have more chances to play ...

it isn't good for salas to know that no matter what happens he'll not play the full 90 min

Anastacia

Jul 12, 2002
trezeguet also missed alot of changes against Parma when he played for nearly 70 minutes. anyway, hope he breaks his duck next time, against inter milan!

salas and zalayeta will play full 90 minutes in the coppa italia matches.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Anastacia ] ++
trezeguet also missed alot of changes against Parma when he played for nearly 70 minutes. anyway, hope he breaks his duck next time, against inter milan!

salas and zalayeta will play full 90 minutes in the coppa italia matches.
Well then, I guess we plan on throwing the Coppa away.

Salas sucks !!!! Plain and simple !!!

Also, as long as DiVaio is healthy, he should be next to DP as a starter IMO

OP
dpforever

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #10
    David Trezeguet will join up with the France squad on Wednesday after replacing the injured Olivier Kapo.

However, coach Jacques Santini says the Juventus man will not start against Slovenia on Saturday.

"As he wasn't part of the first list it sounds logical to me that he should not start the game against Slovenia," he said.

=============

I really hoped that Treze would rest all week to be in a great condition against Inter ..

OP
    dpforever

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #13
    Lens forward Daniel Moreira has been called up to the French national squad to replace David Trezeguet who has pulled out through injury.

The Juventus striker, who replaced the injured Olivier Kapo, decided it was too soon to play for Les Bleus after missing the last two months through injury.

Coach Jacques Santini has called up Moreira despite his less than spectacular start to the French league campaign.

==================

At first he was ruled out .. then he's in .. and then he's out again :confused: Make-up ur minds !! :fero:

OP
    dpforever

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #15
    After talking to Juventus.com today, David Trezeguet met the journalists. He wanted to explain what he thought about many interesting things: doctor Tencone, his injuried knee, the football Oscar, the National team, and his contract with Juventus:

Trezeguet and doctor Tencone

As regards what happened with docto Fabrizio Tencone, Trezeguet said: "I'm sorry for what happened to doctor Tencone. Yesterday I was really suprised while reading in a newspaper he left Juventus because of some problems with the new contract and my knee. I think it's not true. Me and him, we need respect. I never sent off a person. He talked with the managing director and if somebody says he went away because of me, he's wrong. Doctor Tencone always worked well. He was interested about my knee and I always thought he is a very good doctor."

Trezeguet and his knee

While meeting the journalists, Trezeguet talked about his knee.
    "I am the first person who was wrong. The knee is fine and I am the person who didn't observe the programs. I talked to Lippi and I told him I wanted to play because I had good feelings even if I wasn't fit. So I wanted to risk and I'm sure this could be useful in the future."

Trezeguet and the football Oscar

Two days after the ceremony for the Oscar of football, which took place on monday night in Milan, Trezeguet talked once again about the accusations against Juventus and his managing director Luciano Moggi. "I beg the pardon of my team and of my managing director Luciano Moggi and also of Agnelli's family. Monday I was in Milan to receive the Oscar of football as the best foreigner player and, above all, as the best player in Serie A 2001/02 season. I was obviously happy, but there someone didn't treat well Juventus and the managing director. I stayed there because I wanted to respect the other players who vote for me. I should've left, so I beg the pardon of Juventus who always treated me as a son."

Trezeguet and the National team

Trezeguet, as decided last weeks, didn't reach his teammates of the French National team. "When we decided on the program to help me and my knee, there was also the doctor of my national team. Santini knew I was playing, so he thought I was fine and he wanted to select me. Then I talked to the French doctor and to doctor Agricola and we decided not to go to France. I obviously want to play with the national team in the future. I'm honoured to play for France."

Trezeguet and Juventus

Trezeguet in the press conference talked also about his contract.

"I would like to talk about it because I heard some wrong rumours. My managing director and the Agnelli's family know what is my desire: I want to stay here. Juventus told me they want me to stay in the future, because I'm only 24. I think I am working for a team who always treated me very well. We won together last season and we can win again.

However we can take our time to discuss the contract because I signed to stay in Turin until 2005. Now I only want to play again. We are talking, and we are finding a solution to permit me to go on with Juventus."

Source: www.juventus.com

nina

Feb 18, 2001
    Juve director Luciano Moggi has assured fans that David Trezeguet will soon be available for selection.

The Frenchman is currently struggling with the recurrence of a knee ligament problem, which he blames on being rushed back into action too soon.

But Moggi has dismissed talk that the striker needs an operation or that there is any tension between Juventus and the former Monaco man.

"There is no problem between the club and David. The player is recovering well and could be back in action against Feyenoord in the Champions’ League next week," Moggi said.

"However, he won’t be available for selection on Saturday for the game against Udinese."

Trezeguet picked up the problem in pre-season but returned to action recently when he played against Newcastle and Como, before his knee swelled up again.

In other Juventus news, Paolo Montero will be out for approximately a month after he underwent surgery on his knee meniscus problem.

The Uruguayan stopper went under the knife yesterday in his homeland.

Meanwhile, on loan Vincent Pericard has hinted that he may consider staying in England if Portsmouth are promoted to the Premiership.

The 20-year-old has scored six goals so far this season in Division One and has become a fans’ favourite at Fratton Park.

Football Italia

nina

Feb 18, 2001
    David Trezeguet will start full training again in 10 days time according to director Luciano Moggi.

The French striker has been plagued by a knee injury which has led to much speculation about last season’s Serie A joint top scorer.

The forward initially picked up a knee ligament problem in pre-season where there were realistic fears that he could require surgery.

However, the ex-Monaco man did return to first team action for the games against Como and Newcastle recently, before picking up a recurrence of the problem.

That led to new claims that Trezeguet would go under the knife but Moggi has denied such stories.

"In 10 days time he will start training again," assured the club’s general director. "Trezeguet suffered a serious injury in July but he is on the road to recovery."

Moggi did claim last week that the forward would be available for the game against Feyenoord tomorrow.

Football Italia

:cheesy: :extatic: :cap: :thumb: :cool: :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)