Trezeguet, crap or world class? (1 Viewer)

OP
Ian
Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #41
    ++ [ originally posted by BloodOnMoral ] ++
    Tell me about the missed penalty in the CL final then :groan:
    Excellent point. If trezeguet is the great finisher, if he is so calm infront of goal, if he is so accurate with his shot, then why not score the penalty to win the biggest game of his career? Let's no even mention that it was his poor poerformance that lead to the shoot out.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
    one single time won't change my theory! :groan: :stuckup:
    besides, I didn't talk about penalties,,, everyone can miss them! who cares about them anyway. a terrible player can score a fantastic penalty and a great player like Trezeguet can miss a penalty.
    don't put all the blame on him. he was one of the reasons we didn't score. even I admit it.
    but don't say he's crap because of one game, it's not fair.

OP
    Ian
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #43
    ++ [ originally posted by Edgar Davids ] ++
    one single time won't change my theory! :groan: :stuckup:
    besides, I didn't talk about penalties,,, everyone can miss them! who cares about them anyway. a terrible player can score a fantastic penalty and a great player like Trezeguet can miss a penalty.
    don't put all the blame on him. he was one of the reasons we didn't score. even I admit it.
    but don't say he's crap because of one game, it's not fair.
    Well, no we are saying that he is crap because of that game, when you look at it in the context of the rest of the season.

OP
    Ian
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #45
    one average season, that's all
    One out of two, that's an failing grade where I come from.

OP
    Ian
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #50
    it's not one out of two!

and if you'r counting complete seasons when he is a starter, why are you counting last season? :stuckup:
    Define it as you will, and I shall do the same for myself, that's what makes a difference of opinion.

gray

Apr 22, 2003

Look at his two goals against Real Madrid for example. you think it's easy to score goals like this? no! a little touch to the ball with an 100% accuracy and it's a goal. so relaxed, so confident, but in no means easy.
    Agreed, especially when he had that tiny little bit of space between Casillas and post, and it was a half-volley, with Trez's body in an awkward position... he makes lots of goals look easy, but that's just because he's calm...

facts speak for themselves, and statistics aren't lies. [/QUOTE]
    ++ [ originally posted by BloodOnMoral ] ++
    Tell me about the missed penalty in the CL final then :groan:
    Oh c'moooon :fero: that was one kick! Sure, it was crap I gotta admit that... but you can't judge the tenure of a player because of one kick in front of 80,000 fans... besides, if Dida dived the other way, Trez would've looked even :cool:er, because the kick was so slow and close to the center :D

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by G_O_A_T ] ++
    Oh, OK then. But he was pretty good in his first season. How many goals did he score? 14 IIRC.
    Yes, 14 goals when you're not a starter is a pretty good effort IMHO...

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

Excellent point. If trezeguet is the great finisher, if he is so calm infront of goal, if he is so accurate with his shot, then why not score the penalty to win the biggest game of his career? Let's no even mention that it was his poor poerformance that lead to the shoot out.
    Thank you :)

Well, you are so right too, and you know why ? I'm telling this after the match Romania had last night against Denmark, and when, because a young striker could not hold his nerves, he missed 2 or 3 huge occasions, alone with the goalie. And watch this : Trezeguet isn't so young anymore :)

nina

Feb 18, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by G_O_A_T ] ++
    Thanx nina.

P.S. Dont call me Goaty ever again. EVER! :irritate: ;)

You can call me Zlatan (I mean, it is my name after all :D )
    Oprosti, Zlatan :angel:

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    i dont really like trezeguet but it seems he's on fire. he scored two goals in the empoli game, then two other goals with france and yesterday he scored another goal. that should be good for us because he can start scoring like crazy

OP
    Ian
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #59
    ++ [ originally posted by fabiana-juve ] ++
    i dont really like trezeguet but it seems he's on fire. he scored two goals in the empoli game, then two other goals with france and yesterday he scored another goal. that should be good for us because he can start scoring like crazy
    Crazy? Sounds good...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)