Trezeguet, crap or world class? (2 Viewers)

OP
Ian
Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #84
    ++ [ originally posted by G_O_A_T ] ++
    I agree. He's the same like Buffon, incompetent in everything except in the thing he's supposed to be good at. I mean, what can Buffon do except save us from conceding??? :rolleyes:

[/SARCASM]
    Actually mate, Buffon is deficient in several areas of the goalkeeping art. He makes up for those becaus ehe is nearly perfect technically. But that's different from Trez who isn't nearly perfect at finishing.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
    Treze did vey well 4 his NT and I don't think nobody in France will ever ask questions like this so I just say what I think of him in a Juve jersey...

Well the first year he really rocked, he was serie A topscorer and surely ouers best player, the one who mostly we have to thanks 4 the scudetto, than last season he was always injured or in bad conditions and most of the (few) games he played he sucked...

So 4 the moment one grate season and a schitty one... is too early to make a "summit", and he still 25 btw. Let's see how it will go this season, Juve count a lot on him cause no strikers had been bought... let's hope he do not disattend this trust cause if he does we are really in trouble...

Sep 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

I was the one who mentioned that goal, and I was talking about the other goal he scored in that game (3-2). The ball came to him in the box, and he had to do whatever he could from where he was standing, so he just smacked it into the goal. I know it wasn't spectacular, but he showed to me that he's the kind of player I like... doesn't waste time and just smacks it in i.e. Batistuta, Hasseilbank style...
    oh yeah, my bad. that one was good. but the one i mentioned was pure shit.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    guys guys,stop going on and on about the 24-goal season.that is just history.so what if he scored 24? sure, that's all nice and good,but at the end of the day, all that really matters is whether he's good enough NOW.

to exaggerate a little,here's an example.let's say juve had a goalie who conceded zero goals in his first season.then,during the summer break,he gets seventeen bullets in his right arm and it has to be amputated.so do we still keep him and play him every game?or sell him,if there is anyone stupid enough to buy him?

or why don't we just pretend we know his right arm will someday reappear and reattach itself to his shoulder and in the process of waiting rave about that first season of his?

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    i think in trezeguet case it depends on the tactics really... in the new 4231 he dont need to involve much in the build up... his role is not as a wall but more likey as a post.. as a fulcrum or target point...we need a tall strong figure up front to be the point of attack... of course that way he will be heavily mark bt that way he will open more space for the the likes of DP-nedved-camo-... intead of marking, tackling, work rate attribute-- the likes of holding up ball and goal poaching skill is more importan...a tap in for any striker is no better nor worst than any overhead kick... its a goal or their ass.. you wont find him drop down to take the ball or do a 40 yard solo goal ... the only reason why that dont happen because he wasnt tactically allowed to that... compare to the 2 top , in 1 top i expect him to score less goal ( he even get less chance )individually but the the likes of camo and and nedved will score more... and overall the team will be more balaced

being a stout follower of Alessandro Del Piero, i have a belive that class cant be lost overnight... Trezeguet have provenn to be one of the world best striker .. any striker who basically bring the scudetto to their club are always world class.. last season is a not fair judgement to his ability.. he has a injured campaingn ... just like del piero and i wont be fair to myself if i support del piero and condem trezeguet at the same time

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++
    guys guys,stop going on and on about the 24-goal season.that is just history.so what if he scored 24? sure, that's all nice and good,but at the end of the day, all that really matters is whether he's good enough NOW.

to exaggerate a little,here's an example.let's say juve had a goalie who conceded zero goals in his first season.then,during the summer break,he gets seventeen bullets in his right arm and it has to be amputated.so do we still keep him and play him every game?or sell him,if there is anyone stupid enough to buy him?

or why don't we just pretend we know his right arm will someday reappear and reattach itself to his shoulder and in the process of waiting rave about that first season of his?
    That's a horrible comparison, Trez hasn't lost any body parts, there's nothing saying that he can't play like he did in the past.

And of course the past matters. Not when picking a team this week, but when you look at what a player is capable in the long run. Just like Del Piero, he was great, then bad, and now he's great again. We kept him around cause we knew what he could do, and eventually he returned to his old form.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
    Treze had just one bad season in his all his career, his just 25 why we schould say he's finisched? One unlucky a season can happen to everybody... At the moment I don't see the problem... if he will keep on like this we I will start to be worry but let's hope it will not happen...

mate

Aug 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by dj juve ] ++
    One unlucky a season? :howler:

understatement of the whole damn history of the world

I mean unlucky season... forget the a :D
    Unlucky cause he had so many problems and injuries.
    Well I guess it was just bad luck, cause he's 25 and I do not consider him already "broken"... at list I hope...

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++

You are not exaggerating abit..you are toally out of this world.

First of all, you are considering that trez injury was the worst of all, and thats not true. His injury not affected him like Del Piero´s injury, which changed del piero´s style of game.

Now Trezeguet is in form, and is doing the same things of that 24 goal season.

His injury was not that bad, and he is still secoring, without any difference in his style of play.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    :wallbang:

i was not comparing the injury to the amputated arm.

i was comparing the loss of the arm to the loss of ability.

andi don't think trezeguet's "class" will return,because he has little to none.he was more like a one season wonder.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)