Trezeguet contract situation (1 Viewer)

juvelogy

Jun 26, 2003
These thing is going farther than it should, IMO. quite simply put, as is evident from the game against Lecce, there is no one in the current Juventus squad that can come close to David as a natural goalscorer/saviour in a tight game. I dare say that there 's no one better than him in the world. Then why are we stalling on paying him an extra few grands on his contract (which is among the lowest, bdw, among Juve's current 'stars'). If it was like Davids demanding 2.5 mil pounds still at age 31 , I would hesitate. But not when you got a guy in the prime of his career, scoring decisive goals when DP and DV can't be relied upon solely.
Even if we let him go for about 38-40 mil euros , we would have to buy a decent replacement like Ibrahimovic or someone else that's gonna cost about 14-18 mil euros, Trez can and will repay the worth of his contract in goals like the one I just witnessed. So why not give him the new contract ? Its not like we are in financial chaos like others !

your thoughts!!!!!!

Buy on AliExpress.com

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
it's nonsense if u ask me. just pay the guy...end of story. we'll have a proven striker, still young...that can score goals when it counts. if we wanna buy somebody else....are we SURE that the guy can be relied upon? we cant just go out and buy anybody. even henry for that matter. there's no assurance that that particular player can perform in serie A. if u can play in serie A, u can play anywhere IMO...but not vice versa. many of u wud disagree...but that's what i think, and that's how i feel bout this trez' saga....

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
The Trez issue is this:
He have not the movement of great strikers like vanistelroy,ronaldo,zlatan...all of them play in the same position as trez.
But Trezeguet, with all his mistakes and bad moves ouitisde the box, he is always scoring at JUventus.

We can balme him from some of his silly goals wasted but the truth is that he scores a lot, even when he do in a not fashionable way, he scores and scores an scores having in 3 seasons 60+ goals.

If we dont find a good replacement (i have not listeend nothing about deals) i think that we have to upgrade his salary. It would be the fairthest thing.

When a player wants an upgrade in his contract, he have to present his achievemnts to the club management to discuss the deal. He was "top scorer" 2 years ago. Thats enough said.

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
When a player wants an upgrade in his contract, he have to present his achievemnts to the club management to discuss the deal. He was "top scorer" 2 years ago. Thats enough said.
really...? didnt know that....:D

well camo got a raise....why not trez :fero: he scores 8 in the league and 4 in CL so far. ook last season he was injured most of the time....but still got 9 i believe in league and a few (very2 important ones) in CL. the year b4 that? dont need to tell, ya'al know.....

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
i 'd say we need to keep Trez simply of the physical presence he impose... without Trez and tacchi , our starting eleven will be filled with smurfets.... not an Image of a mightty serie A leader if u ask me...

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
i 'd say we need to keep Trez simply of the physical presence he impose... without Trez and tacchi , our starting eleven will be filled with smurfets.... not an Image of a mightty serie A leader if u ask me...
LOL.....smurfs, good one sandro10!! :cheesy::cheesy::D DP is papa smurf then? :D

yea, if u take tacchi, trez, zala out....we'd be the midget team

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by kaizer ] ++

really...? didnt know that....:D
well, in fact.. in any proffesion, when u want an inprove in your salary, u have to support your theory of why u need an upgrade right?.
Ur achievemnts.

eringi

Jul 15, 2002
i think the media is just blowing it out at the end of the day he will sign but in case there are problems i say we should cash in on him, 25 million pounds is not something you will get everyday especially in this market we can always buy some really young exciting player. Something in me has always told me that Trezeguet is really not here to stay because he has always been linked away from the Delle Alpi and i think deep in him he would like to play for Arsenal to reunite with his greatest partner Thierry Henry

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
its stupid that dp should get a contract like the one he has with minimal wrangling, while trez cant get the same

"yeh but dp bleeds black and white, he's the golden boy, he's special, etc"

so?

eringi

Jul 15, 2002
DP is more valuable to Juventus than Trezeguet.. it is not just the number of goals that count. If you look at Real Madrid when they got Beckham i think most madristas didn't think he was a good soccer player (he is actually pretty good) but they bought him because of the value he bought to the team off the field.

Del Piero in so many ways is the face of Juventus and to a lesser extent part of the face of Italian soccer, he is a well recognized player and has many more fans than Trezeguet basically he is what here in the US they call a franchise player for Juventus, it is usually the best player on the team who is a franchise player but even though DP is not all that great anymore he is still the most valuable player to us at the moment.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
as true as that may be, does he really need that much? i heard it was six and a half million euros.

i suppose five and a half isnt enough to get by on these days then.

i mean these players dont deserve these wages anyways. and dont even get me started on joe namath and donovan mcnabb.

im willing to compromise my ideals though- at least give trez something. he has more potential than nedved or davids or dp- our other big names, and certainly is among the big names in our squad.

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by eringi ] ++
Something in me has always told me that Trezeguet is really not here to stay because he has always been linked away from the Delle Alpi and i think deep in him he would like to play for Arsenal to reunite with his greatest partner Thierry Henry
i've heard him say time and time again that he wishes to stay...he wants to stay. i'm sure if juve were to offer him a better contract, and even if chelsea is offering more....he'll still wear the black+white of juve.....

JUVESUPPORTER

Aug 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by kaizer ] ++
i'm sure if juve were to offer him a better contract, and even if chelsea is offering more....he'll still wear the black+white of juve.....
r u crazy if chelsea offer him more he will clearly go to them.
football today is all about the money

Aug 1, 2003
not entirely. If Trez does move to chelsea he's not guaranteed first team football. he has to compete with crespo and mutu, both excellent players.

besides, like kaizer said as far interviews go, trez clearly stated he'd like to stay at the delle alpi, and why shouldn't he?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)