Trezeguet contract situation (1 Viewer)

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
i dun understand what is happening with DAvidz Trezeguet...

He tried really hard in matches...i notice that he always postion and timed himself to be in the best position available for the final ball....always offer the easiest way for people to pass to him.. but still no good ball came... you can always see the frustration in his eyes when he is substituted without even one single good ball to prove himself and do him justice ... this is head cracking really bcoz to say that our supplier engine is not good enough, the man is Golden Ball winner Pavel Nedved... maybe our way of game have became too "one way " ....all ball goes through Nedved...

i wonder how much David Trezeguet can prosper in a more alternate attacking environment such as AS Roma, Real Madrid or AC Milan...

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
i wonder how much David Trezeguet can prosper in a more alternate attacking environment such as AS Roma, Real Madrid or AC Milan...
the first step to knowing is getting him to go there;)

Juvefreak

Aug 25, 2002
FORZA TREZEGUET!

He really made some crap games last time, but I don't see any justice if Del Piero earns 6 mio and David 1,5 or something!!!!

Ok, David has money enough, but Juve should pay a little bit more and Trezeguet will go on scoring goals!!!

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
He tried really hard in matches...i notice that he always postion and timed himself to be in the best position available for the final ball....always offer the easiest way for people to pass to him.. but still no good ball came... you can always see the frustration in his eyes when he is substituted without even one single good ball to prove himself and do him justice ... this is head cracking really bcoz to say that our supplier engine is not good enough, the man is Golden Ball winner Pavel Nedved... maybe our way of game have became too "one way " ....all ball goes through Nedved...

word. its rare to see someone with a point of view from the other side. sometimes we forget that the work he does it in his positioning and timing

satu

Jun 26, 2003
If he wants to get a rise, he should start to show the board the reason.
He was great up until this contract issue comes up. Now he's fading away, makes me wonder if he really wants to stay in Juventus. :(

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by satu ] ++
If he wants to get a rise, he should start to show the board the reason.
He was great up until this contract issue comes up. Now he's fading away, makes me wonder if he really wants to stay in Juventus. :(
Maybe it's not so much about will as it is morale. I'm sure this whole situation would have some kind of effect on his game

Aug 1, 2003
i think we should give him the money he proposes. truthfully i do not know how much he's asking for but I do believe he should have a pay rise.

plus what hafiz says its true. i think so too that trez is actually trying. our midfielders and wingers should supply some good football and he scores them. its as simple as taht. its not like trezeguet misses clear cut chances or anything. this whole strikeforce thing works both ways.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by -Z- ] ++
He does actually miss clear cut chances more than he scores them lately
bacause of this juve should sell him as soon as possible and get a new striker

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Exactly. IMO he used to be a fantastic striker, especially in his first two season with Juve, but he hasnt managed to get back from his knee/ankle/shoulder injuries

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
The pressure is alot on DT.. and there is lil resorce for him to help himself... miscommunication would be spell as a miss... things just dont go his way....stuck...something you cant solve even by trying his hearts out... kinda like Dp problem all this years... but DP at least receieve some ball to play with at the 3/4 of the field... for DT ball are rare and far in between... failing to make the best of the lil he got , he will be all to blame..

slack

Dec 13, 2002
I agree that Trez is really making an effort. Against Sampdoria, after missing 2 good chances, he even drifted back in our defensive 3rd and tried to press/harry. A rarity, no? His bashers would only be too keen to point that out as another reason to trash/get rid of him but I'd like to take that as a positive sign that he wants to do better in a Juve shirt. The self-consciousness, followed by sheer frustration triggered a positive reaction. That's good, isn't it?

Why is Trez doing so badly? A few possibilities, IMO ...

The team changed its tactical approach and I don't see ANY evidence that we're better off so far. Trez is a direct consequence of this. As the lone striker in our current set-up, he absolutely has to be there and about for any possibilities. Strictly speaking, he has NO business doing anything else considering that the opportunity cost could well be a goal. Again, its all too easy to pour scorn on how many he's scored this season but in all honesty, the service/support he has been receiving has been quite pathetic. Which of our strikers have actually done as well as we expected them to? Doesn't that then point to something deeper than an individual problem? Like those before him (Vieri, Henry et al), lose him at the club's own peril ...

Stagnation. We saw it with Zambrotta, who was mediocre for years before finally exploding into the player we know today. I don't think its far-fetched to say that some of us have been spoiled by the fantastic record of Trez in his 1st 2 seasons. If anything, it makes his current slump look worse than it actually is. I think he'll be back better than before. I think it'll be pretty soon if Juve ever decides to fix her various other problems. I can only hope he'll still be in a Juve shirt when that happens.

Contracts, money, frustration etc as some have already covered so well.

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by slack ] ++
I agree that Trez is really making an effort. Against Sampdoria, after missing 2 good chances, he even drifted back in our defensive 3rd and tried to press/harry. A rarity, no?
yes, he went back to help defence in a couple of occasion....even stole the ball from samp's player :)wallbang: forgot who it was)

i'd like trez to stay, give him the raise.....if it doesnt work out, we can always sell him next season

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)