Trezeguet blasts himself!!! (1 Viewer)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Football Italia:

Trezeguet blasts himself
Tuesday 7 October, 2003

Juventus forward David Trezeguet has criticised his own performance in the 2-1 win over Bologna.

"I have rarely played that badly in my career," said the Frenchman who did score the winner from the penalty spot.

"It wasn’t great from me and I’m not satisfied. I should have scored a couple but it wasn’t my day and I don’t know what happened."

Trezeguet had started the campaign in decent form before his performance at the Delle Alpi on Sunday.

"I wasn’t pretty to watch," he added. "I have to take responsibility for the fact that we didn’t capitalise on the chances we created."

However, the French international maintains that he will return to his old self in Juventus’ next League game.

"I’ll look to be at my best against Ancona where I will aim to score as many goals as possible," he added.

Meanwhile, some wild speculation suggests that the Bianconeri are ready to wave goodbye to the striker.

Reports suggest that Juventus will offer cash and Trezeguet, whose deal expires in 2005, to Man Utd next summer in exchange for Ruud Van Nistelrooy.

Well, at least he admits he's crap. Bloody hell, I still dont understand how he missed that Di Vaio rebound, I would have scored that :wallbang:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
but very urealistic;)

besides,i have reservations as to whether he can do well in serie a.i'd rather we go for someone tried and tested-like adriano.

btw,trez's miss was the worst i have seen this season.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
It's good to see that he's humble. I'm not too sure about RVN coming to Juve, because I'm sure many annoying bandwagon supporters, as well as much criticism would come with him. He's too established in another league and I personally don't think I'd be much of a fan of his, even if I appreciate his goals.

I wouldn't mind if we saved the money and just build Adriano into a superstar.

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
I am almost assured that RVN wouldnt do god in Serie A. If i were to choose between Adriano and RVN, I'd pick Adriano in a blink of an eye. Imagine how many goals Adriano would score in the EPL...

Sheesh!

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Aragorn ] ++
That's at least what he can do, he should apologize to the fans and start performing. :groan:

tough guy did anyone ask del piero to apologise to the fans?

what do u want trez to do? write an open letter and post in in a thread in the hangout? want him to send flowers and a card? do a little interpretive dance?

lay off his back I know u dont like him but u dont need to keep repeating urself. if u have a new reason then fine, go on about it.

ur starting to get annoying with all this anti-trez shiat. remember when he scored like 24 goals a season for us? yeah well nobody said anything about him then.

and this is to all the bashers out there too. give the guy a chance. he may not be superhuman but neither was pippo. we're still winning trophies and in the running for the CL if things go well.

good to see he acknowledges his poor form, and lets hope he gets back to scoring soon.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Van Nistelrroy will be just perfect for serie A...just take a look, he always trashd juventus last year,, and supposedly we are the best defense in the serie a,,,just behind Milan. If he can score always agains us...surely he will destroy the other serie a teams.

This deal is even out of reach for the great Moggi, but if uit can be done...well dont think it twice.

Although ill miss trezeguet.

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++

tough guy did anyone ask del piero to apologise to the fans?

what do u want trez to do? write an open letter and post in in a thread in the hangout? want him to send flowers and a card? do a little interpretive dance?

lay off his back I know u dont like him but u dont need to keep repeating urself. if u have a new reason then fine, go on about it.

ur starting to get annoying with all this anti-trez shiat. remember when he scored like 24 goals a season for us? yeah well nobody said anything about him then.

and this is to all the bashers out there too. give the guy a chance. he may not be superhuman but neither was pippo. we're still winning trophies and in the running for the CL if things go well.

good to see he acknowledges his poor form, and lets hope he gets back to scoring soon.
:thumb: :thumb:

shut up all those who whine about his miss against Bologna.
GOAT, so what if you could score that?? almost everyone can score easy chances but they are able to miss some as well. Trezeguet is human, he can miss easy chances sometimes too!
Paranoia, you probably didn't see match! come one, it wasn't a horrid miss as most of you describe it. it was terrible alright, but not that terrible. there were two players in the line of the goal plus the keeper ahead of them, and his shot almost hit the crossbar.
didn't you see Joaquin miss against Bilbao. now that was terrible. and he isn't in good form right now, but no one attacks him all the time. it's just about Trezeguet. RVN, Vieri, Ronaldo.. for all of them I can mention a horrid miss.

so stop *****ing about this miss

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
why he is an idiot??

by admitting that he is underperforming and needs to work harder?
He should not do that now. That's not the classy thing to do. He should do what Edwin did during his rough patch. He didn't talk to the press at all. He continued to play as hard as he could until it got better. Then he came out and said that he had a rough patch, but things were better and he thanked everyone for their support. That's how you do it, you show your committment with action, then you can talk about it if you want. Him saying that he played like crap is not news to anyone and he damn well better try harder, there's no point to saying this at all.

And every damn thing I read that he says is always really foolish and down right childish. He strikes me as a person with no tact whatsoever and as being ridiculously self-centered.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
And every damn thing I read that he says is always really foolish and down right childish. He strikes me as a person with no tact whatsoever and as being ridiculously self-centered.
Well I may not have put it as harshly myself but I believe you're onto something.. :undecide:

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
i dont remember him saying too much besides that wage increase which was a long while back

what he said may not be very tactful(loosely termed) but it does good because at least it makes us aware that he is not oblivious to his performance.

i may be terrible at communicating but why exactly is saying what he said a bad thing?

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++
i may be terrible at communicating but why exactly is saying what he said a bad thing?
It's not so much what he saying, it's the fact that he is talking at all. You really shouldn't go to the media and say how you played bad and yo will play better inthe future, what does that accomplish? Everyone knows that he played bad, and he better play better or else he will feel the wrath of the fans and Lippi. There's no point to saying these things except to draw attention to himself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)