Trez wants Capocannoniere crown (1 Viewer)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
Category: <b>General</b><br><br>Juventus striker David Trezeguet wants to end the current campaign as the Serie A top scorer.

The Frenchman is currently second in the standings thanks to his 15 goals so far and is just one shy of Fiorentina’s Luca Toni.

"This year will be one full of great objectives for the team and for myself," the former Monaco man said on Wednesday.

"I personally want to win the Capocannoniere crown and seeing as Toni only has 16 to his name, I will give it a go."

Trezeguet, who netted his 100th goal for the Old Lady earlier this season, added that he wants to break a few more records before the summer.

"It would be nice to get to 125 which would allow me to become the most prolific foreigner to play for Juventus," he added.

"I also want to score in 11 consecutive games to equal the record set by Gabriel Batistuta, my idol."

Trezeguet is close to that particular landmark as the deadly finisher has scored in each of the last nine Serie A games.

The 28-year-old also highlighted his desire to leave his mark at the World Cup Finals after France’s nightmare in 2002.

"We won the trophy in 1998 when we were not favourites, while we were fancied in 2002 and we went out at the first stage," he said.

"Therefore, it will be a good thing if we are not one of the front runners this year…"<br><br>Source: Football Italia

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Marty

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #2
    With Toni's dip in goalscoring form lately, Trez feels like the only contender to the crown at the moment. Go Trez! :D

Il Re

-- 10 --
    Jan 13, 2005
    trezeguet is a top goal scorer, if he doesnt get injured, i am sure he can be the top scorer in serie A

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    Hmmm... let me think...

If I were playing for Juve, and I was a goal behind the top scorer, I think I would also want that Capocannoniere thing!

I would actually want to beat every record I could get my hands on.

Scudetto, the CL and the WC would not be bad trophies either.

Akerman

Oct 20, 2005
    I don't think it will be hard to get the crown, but I would rather see him scoring in 12 consecutive games and not getting the crown than the other way around.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
    he will win it imo. at fiorentina, toni is the main goal scorer, which carries alot of pressure. with trezegol, he doesn't have to worry about his team not winning if he doesn't score.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)