Trez Ruled Out Of Reggina Clash (1 Viewer)

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
Juventus are expected to play with Marcelo Zalayeta next to Marco Di Vaio at Reggina this Saturday as David Trezeguet suffered an ankle injury during training this morning.

Because of this injury, the French striker might also miss next Tuesday's Champions League clash against Olympiakos.

Trezeguet's sidelining is terrible news for Juve boss Marcello Lippi as he already lost forward Alessandro Del Piero for about 50 days in light of the muscle pull the Bianconero skipper suffered against AS Roma last Sunday
:down::down::down::fero::fero::fero:

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
faaaantastic...:rolleyes:

now our attack consists of:

an unfit Miccoli
Di Vaio who's got one game under his belt this season
Zalayeta... well... enough said

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
It might still be enough to beat Reggina, however.

I also heard that Legro and Thuram are going to be rested as well.

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
Hope Buffon score some for us.......:rolleyes:

Stupid Trez....stupid injury....:groan:

It's a curse....I know it.....:skull:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Who cares if I underestimate Reggina, as long as Lippi doesn't.

Front to Back, Juve is still stronger than Reggina even w/o Trez and Del Piero.

What worries me more is if Thuram and Legro are both rested tomorrow, then we'll have some problems in defence.

Tacca03

May 24, 2003
I hope Mr Lippi would field Di Vaio up front and Miccoli in support.

They worked wonders together during the pre-season!

Yeas, match fitness will be a concern. But to get match fitness they need to play, and let's start with Reggina.

Zalayeta doesn't have any match fitness either, he has been sitting on the bench, even the stands, as far this season.

By the way, a little bit of conspiracy here.

Do any of you think Trezeguet is actully DROPPED, not injured, for what he said about Mr Lippi after the Roma game?

After all, Mr Lippi is a bit of a disciplinarian, and the French striker blasted him publically......

Coupled with the fact that Trezeguet looks set to play in the Champions League next week......

Umm......

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Tacca03 ] ++
By the way, a little bit of conspiracy here.

Do any of you think Trezeguet is actully DROPPED, not injured, for what he said about Mr Lippi after the Roma game?

After all, Mr Lippi is a bit of a disciplinarian, and the French striker blasted him publically......

Coupled with the fact that Trezeguet looks set to play in the Champions League next week......

Umm......
very interesting theory

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
Well i don't think so. We're already minus a DP and only half a Micoli......that's bad enough, why would Lippi want to weaken the team anymore by dropping Trez???? That would be sucide.

Even if he want to discipline Trez by dropping him.......this ain't the time to do it. We may get by with Di Viao and Zala against Reggina but i would feel really bad when we have to face Olympiakos

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Uh Oh!!

more bad news :groan:

OK, lets hope that divaio will do a great job!!!.

BUt zalayeta...mmm,, he must be with spiderwebs right now.

Square

Oct 6, 2002
buffon
birindelli ferrara montero zambrotta
camo tachinardi[maresca comin on later] davids
nedved
zala di viao

thats a strong team, and players get rested. this is di viaos, zalayetas, biris and marescas chance to shine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)