Trez illness sparks concern (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Trez illness sparks concern
Friday 25 February, 2005

David Trezeguet’s prolonged absence from the Juventus first team has sparked fears that the France striker could be suffering from glandular fever.

The 27-year-old has missed Juventus’ last two matches through illness and has already been ruled out of Sunday’s clash with Siena.

Trezeguet, who was originally out with flu and has since been struck down by an intestinal virus, remains reluctant to comment on his health problems.

He did, however, admit that he rates himself as doubtful for the Champions’ League second-leg clash with Real Madrid on March 9.

The former Monaco hitman, who has not been training with his Juventus teammates this week, had an initial blood test last Friday but confirmed on Wednesday that he would be having more tests next week.

His France and Juventus teammate, Jonathan Zebina, contracted glandular fever during his time at Roma and is now hoping that the same has not happened to Trezeguet.

"It’s the worst thing that can happen to a footballer," said the defender. "I had no strength at all. It only kept me out for a month but usually it lasts longer than that."

Olivier Kapo, another of Juventus’ French contingent, claims there is no need to be concerned about Trezeguet’s condition.

"David just had a bad virus," said the midfielder. "But he’ll be fresh and ready to go again for the match against Roma in a week."

Glandular fever is brought on by severe viruses and can last for several months. It can also lead to long-term fatigue problems.

channel4.com

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    I really hope he's fit for the game against Real Madrid. I'm not too fond of his style of play or the fact that he doesn't contribute anything to the build-up, but we miss his goalscoring touch upfront.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #6
    It kept Zebina out for a month when he was at Roma :eek: I hope this is just a false alarm :scared:

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    The infectious mononucleosis, called (kissing disease or glandular fever) a viral infection with fever, causing glands to swell, can be 100% diagnosed only by blood test, since we have one i m afraid its true.
    the bad news are u cant treat it with antibiotics, u have to let treze build up alone, rest and sleep all day long,
    there is also a small chance the liver could be affected and loose some more time cause of it(weeks-months)
    and many people tend to fell tired and depressed because of it some time after the get over it, treze has many chances to fit in this category as he wasnt at his best before this anyway

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #18
    I read on Gazzetta that Trezeguet is getting better and could be ready for the trip to Rome next week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)