Trez denies Del Piero rift (1 Viewer)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
Category: <b>General</b><br><br>David Trezeguet has denied that there is any bad feeling between himself and Alessandro Del Piero.

During Juventus’ narrow Champions League win over Bruges in midweek, television pictures caught a number of angry looks being exchanged between the two strikers.

Indeed, Trezeguet even admitted that all was not well after the 1-0 win in which his teammate scored.

"Things aren’t going well with Del Piero," he said. "We need to clear things up as soon as possible."

However, after Saturday’s 3-1 win over Treviso, the France international claimed that there was no problem at all between the two and that the Press were suffering from more of a misunderstanding than the two strikers.

"I haven’t got it wrong with Alex," he said. "You have, after everything you have said.

"I have got great respect for Alex. In fact, we are great friends off the pitch as we have known each other for six years."

If any metaphorical poisoned daggers were thrown between the pair, Trezegol puts it down to over-eagerness to help each other and frustration at their failure to do so against Bruges.

"It’s been said that I don’t want to play with him – that I prefer to play with Zlatan Ibrahimovic," he added.

"But it’s all false. If I wasn’t happy in that game it was because I wasn’t able to give the contribution that I wanted to help Del Piero.

"He wants to overtake Boniperti’s record and I want to help him. I understand full well because I went through the same emotions when I was chasing Platini’s tally. Alex and I know each other and there was no clearing of the air."

Trezeguet scored in Juve’s win over Treviso before being substituted by Pinturicchio, who then scored his 180th goal for the club – just two short of Juventus’ all-time goalscoring record.

Del Piero agreed with his teammate afterwards that a mountain had been made out of a molehill.

"It was just a Press thing," he said. "You have spoken a lot about us, but in reality there was no discussion because there was never any tension between us.

"I was very surprised with all the talk that arose from a few TV pictures. We respect each other and there has been no tension between us."<br><br>Source: Football Italia

Buy on AliExpress.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)