Travelling! Your best and worst holiday memories! (1 Viewer)

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
US Americans don't often make it fto foreign countries but I have been to a number of different states

of course all my vacations have sucked because they were with my parents

K10

Jul 12, 2002
Aruba :D Topless beaches :thumb:

But it depends if I want sun or city......kinda hard.

The worst? Every where I've been seems better than where I am now so there is no worse.

OP
Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #10
    ++ [ originally posted by K10 ] ++
    Aruba :D Topless beaches :thumb:

But it depends if I want sun or city......kinda hard.

The worst? Every where I've been seems better than where I am now so there is no worse.
    Aruba! I've always been adviced to go to one of the few remaining Dutch colonies. Is it really that good?

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #11
    My worst holiday experience was when I almost got arrested by Italian soldiers for accidently taking a picture of a military aeroport... :scared:

K10

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by ErikP ] ++

Aruba! I've always been adviced to go to one of the few remaining Dutch colonies. Is it really that good?
    Aruba the beaches rock! Pure white, clean sand. Beautiful turquoise water.

The Island on a whole is really nice. It's rather small though. You can drive around it in a matter of hours.

But for such a small Island, they are enough things to do.

I have only been to one part of Curacioa for one day. It does look like a little Holland. Nice place.

K10

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by ErikP ] ++
    My worst holiday experience was when I almost got arrested by Italian soldiers for accidently taking a picture of a military aeroport... :scared:
    Wow, are you serious?

nina

Feb 18, 2001
    Yes he is, they thought he was a spy.

All my holidays and places that I visited where a lot of fun, but THE party place was definitely Portugal, Algarve, south of Portugal! The sea was kind of cold, but there was a yummi Sangria waiting for you afterwards to warm you up, so we didn't complain :D And I loved the dance pubs they got, cause when you look from the street it looks like an ordinary pub, but when you go in and you cross it you find yourself at the back where the dancefloor stands on the open.

My worst memories: this summer we were going from the island back to the mainland and the storm got us and all the heavy sea put our sailboat almost to a vertical position and flipping it over. We couldn't stop by in the nearest harbour because the waves would throw us in the rocks, so we had to wait on the open sea. It was pretty scary :scared:

K10

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++

All my holidays and places that I visited where a lot of fun, but THE party place was definitely Portugal, Algarve, south of Portugal! The sea was kind of cold, but there was a yummi Sangria waiting for you afterwards to warm you up, so we didn't complain :D And I loved the dance pubs they got, cause when you look from the street it looks like an ordinary pub, but when you go in and you cross it you find yourself at the back where the dancefloor stands on the open.

My worst memories: this summer we were going from the island back to the mainland and the storm got us and all the heavy sea put our sailboat almost to a vertical position and flipping it over. We couldn't stop by in the nearest harbour because the waves would throw us in the rocks, so we had to wait on the open sea. It was pretty scary :scared:

Thank God you're here now and not at the bottom of the ocean ;)

See Erik's James Bond? :cool:

Night life in Portugal is good? That's cool.

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #16
    ++ [ originally posted by K10 ] ++
    Aruba the beaches rock! Pure white, clean sand. Beautiful turquoise water.

The Island on a whole is really nice. It's rather small though. You can drive around it in a matter of hours.

But for such a small Island, they are enough things to do.

I have only been to one part of Curacioa for one day. It does look like a little Holland. Nice place.
    That sounds brilliant! As for Curaçao - many cities there were build after Dutch cities due to the islands leaders having problems with home-sickness! :LOL:

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #17
    ++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++
    Boy did they make a mistak by letting me walk...:howler:

I still have the camera - the photo is enlarged and hanging above my bed! :D

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
    Best places I've been to: Scotland, Manchester, Perth, Melbourne, Genting Highlands...

London is okay. My sis and I almost got chased by a drunk:eek:

...and in Israel, there are too many soldiers with big guns around for my liking :scared:

~Sarah

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #19
    London rules imo - arguably the best place in England!

As for Israel - I would really love to go there! For a large part out of cultural perspective :nerd: ;)

Has anyone got any advice? Oded?

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
    if you want to go because of a cultural prespective then go to jerusalem (i lived there but we moved because we don't like those very religious jews and there are a thousand of them in jerusalem).

just to have fun you you can go to eilat (very hot), tveria....
    but it's true sarah there allways those security guys, someone have to defend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)