Trapattoni Plays Down Juventus Crisis (1 Viewer)

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by arifelly |Juve| ] ++

you gotta be wrong sometimes, but not all the season!!!
Well, if we're talking seasonwise, being "right" for 8 seasons and being "wrong" for only two (this year and 98/99) is quite an achievement.

Other teams dream about such a performance.

I still want Lippi to leave though, but his and Moggi's efforts over the years must certainly be appreciated.

Aug 1, 2003
How can you call one trophiless season over many trophy-won seasons a crisis? That's just plain stupid. For now Juve is not in crisis YET, but I agree, we must look into the transfers and take some measurements.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Definitely need to make some amendments. Or it cud get serious. As of now it isnt serious. But we just have to make sure it doesnt have a snowball effect on cming seasons.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
"Crisis" is a very wide term. For some crisis is when your team loses 3 games in a row. For others crisis is what's been happening to Barcelona over the past three years (until its last 9 games).

I would certainly want Juve's crisis to be the former.

We should gain back our momentum this year. Why wait for next year? Next year we should be stronger than ever.

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
we, juventini, has became so presumptous that only with two months of bad performances begin to cry and demand changes, fearing our team may lose competivity for the next season.

the same team with the same players of the last year that win the scudeto and become the spanish-slayer in the CL. Have we forgoten that? or we expect that delpiero and company never got a slowdown?

This lady has a +100 years of age. It is have been known always for his excellence, strenght and courage. 27 scudettos talks about a kind of continuity not east to be broken.Is true some adquisitions will be in orden for next season, but the team will remain almost the same and the old signora will rise again.

there is not wiser medicine than defeat

vuyol

Sep 1, 2002
considering the stds Juve set to achieve every season then this season didnt go too well bt not a crisis just a wake up call for other seasons...
we were up there contending for a treble then a bad result against Roma started it all plus injuries and key players too inconsistent e.g DP, Thuram, Tacch, Trez.
DiVaio, Legrott, Appiah, Miccoli didnt help either...

bottom line it was a big mistake by Juve letting Davids leave in as much as Juve will not want to admit bt it cost us, look at Barca since he started playin for them they r fun to watch. even Milan has shown interest in him.

for me Maresca has been our best player this season and we need to realise Tacch has served Juve bt it mite b time for the bench for him or move on, my faith in DiVaio is disappearin.

so next season maybe gettin a really creative midfielder to play with Nedved, Maresca, Camoranesi is seriously needed to give us options...

a very good young forward to replace DP in future is also needed e.g. Tevez (Boca) or Rubinho (Santos) and if Trez is goin to Barca then Gillardino
rather than Vieri would be a better acquisition.

a defender like Ferrari or Bonera or even both would set us dominating again...

that means 4 or 5 new players needed in the summer...

i saw Henry against MU y'day, he's sthin special bt Juve would never buy him would be too expensive... oh and i read an article where v/d Vaart says a move to Italy in the summer would be gud for him so why not us?

a lot for Moggi and Lippi to think abt come June

vuyol

Sep 1, 2002
considering the stds Juve set to achieve every season then this season didnt go too well bt not a crisis just a wake up call for other seasons...
we were up there contending for a treble then a bad result against Roma started it all plus injuries and key players too inconsistent e.g DP, Thuram, Tacch, Trez.
DiVaio, Legrott, Appiah, Miccoli didnt help either...

bottom line it was a big mistake by Juve letting Davids leave in as much as Juve will not want to admit bt it cost us, look at Barca since he started playin for them they r fun to watch. even Milan has shown interest in him.

for me Maresca has been our best player this season and we need to realise Tacch has served Juve bt it mite b time for the bench for him or move on, my faith in DiVaio is disappearin.

so next season maybe gettin a really creative midfielder to play with Nedved, Maresca, Camoranesi is seriously needed to give us options...

a very good young forward to replace DP in future is also needed e.g. Tevez (Boca) or Rubinho (Santos) and if Trez is goin to Barca then Gillardino
rather than Vieri would be a better acquisition.

a defender like Ferrari or Bonera or even both would set us dominating again...

that means 4 or 5 new players needed in the summer...

i saw Henry against MU y'day, he's sthin special bt Juve would never buy him would be too expensive... oh and i read an article where v/d Vaart says a move to Italy in the summer would be gud for him so why not us?

a lot for Moggi and Lippi to think abt come June

desireless

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sIAMO nOI jUVE! ] ++
I hope that next season, we'll be like Milan this season
Don't worry, I can see the team is really changing the image right now. For the past months Juve has been trying to put young players, testing out, and even buying new ones, and they are all young.

For me, I can't wait for next season to start. I believe if Juve is playing and adapting the same strategy as current, with young players..... imo it is something worth waiting for.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
On a scale of 27 scudettos, no -- Juve is not in a crisis. But Juve's standards are set so high that nobody should sit down for a very disappointing season that promised to be a lot more at the start. A quick exit from CL, 0-2-5 against the Milan and Rome teams, no star performances to speak of.

The danger is complacency in the face of adversity and defeat. Otherwise, a team could end up like Roma. :dielaugh:

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
It is a crisis. I'm not talking about the results (who are bad tho), I'm talking about the way we play. Sure, no team can be champions every year and it's only normal we'll finish 3rd or 4th in some seasons, but our game just plain sucks. We have no game plan, no creativity, we cant combine 3 consecutive good passes, and our game simply inst fluid. And it's been like that for years now, very rarely have our goeals come after a nice combinaton, or a thought out play, mostly it's just luck, defensive misstakes, and long balls that bring us wins. Things cant go on like this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)