Trap to quit after Euro 2004 (1 Viewer)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Trap: I quit after Euro 2004
Sunday 21 December, 2003

Giovanni Trapattoni has confirmed reports that he will quit the Azzurri after Euro 2004, sparking a race to find his successor.

“In football you always need new stimuli,” explained the Coach, “and that is why in June I will leave the Italy squad, regardless of our results in that tournament.”

Trap’s contract runs out sometime during the European Championships in Portugal and it was already rumoured he was eager to move on.

A return to club football is likely and the former Bayern Munich manager also added, “I would now like a new overseas experience.”

He is still well respected in Germany and it was recently claimed in newspapers that he would relish a return to the Bundesliga.

This admission means the race is now on to find Trapattoni’s successor on the Italy bench, but there are only two realistic candidates.

Marcello Lippi has long been tipped to take over after winning everything possible with Juventus, although he is still determined to take the Champions’ League for a second time.

The other contender is Fabio Capello, one of the most successful club Coaches in Serie A history.

He already has international experience from his time at Real Madrid, in which he won La Liga at his first attempt, and has been in charge of Milan and Roma.

57-year-old Capello is currently on target to pick up his seventh League title, his sixth in the Italian League.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
What? Where's the other one?

Damn you Zlatan! It's my free Sunday for fuck's sake! :fero:;)

EDIT: found the other one and deleted it. Thanks for the notice, Fliakis!

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
guys... remember when Lippi said he will quit if we dont win the CL this this season....

now that the italian job is on the line,i think he might be telling the truth... :undecide:

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6
    Work's never finished when you're around me :p

Anyways, if Lppi takes on the NT who should we hire as coach?

Del Neri? Deschamps? Del Bosque?

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by -Z- ] ++
    Work's never finished when you're around me :p
    Yeah, maybe I should just ban you and get it over with once and for all :lazy:

Anyways, if Lppi takes on the NT who should we hire as coach?

Del Neri? Deschamps? Del Bosque?
    I say they hire a foreign coach who actually understands that Italy's strong point is attack nowadays, not defence. Someone Dutch or French, preferably.

Sep 28, 2002
    del bosque? :howler:

maybe hierro as primavera coach. ;)

i'd go for deschamps. he was more succesive than vialli with supposedly weaker team. and i just cant imagine del neri at juve.

deschamps would be great. with de piero as captain, ferrara and maybe conte in coaching staff. he would have all rthe support he needs.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #9
    ++ [ originally posted by Matto ] ++

I say they hire a foreign coach who actually understands that Italy's strong point is attack nowadays, not defence. Someone Dutch or French, preferably.
    Maybe Koeman ;)

++ [ originally posted by Matto ] ++

Yeah, maybe I should just ban you and get it over with once and for all :lazy:

You couldnt! You wouldnt!

Could you??? Would you??? :frown:

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
    to think about it, how bout trap for Juve.. he is still our best manager... and Juve always prefer the tried and tested path..
    i think he wants to retire...not move to other coaching job. trap is crap....hey, that rhymes!! :D say that again...trap is crap.....

:cheesy:

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
    I think Lippi shouldnt be the next one. From the past we can see that he isnt one who manages ego's very well.

++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++

so now we cant say a bad thing about ancelotti?

lemme rephrase that for Serge

we cant say bad things about our past good coaches

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)