Tragic and Shocking Loss! (3 Viewers)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
Heading ?? It wasn't caused by heading .. he collapsed without even touching the ball .. some say that it was a heart attack :undecide:
That's the official explanation at the moment, yes. He (apparently) collapsed in the centre of the field, with nobody around him and the ball miles away...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
The same happened to a panamenian boxer last year.

2 years ago, in a fight, he received a lot of punches in the head, and he was in the hospital for some days in theardment.

In last december, he was the defender champion on a fight, but he was beaten so easily. It was suprisingly,, because he was betaen in the first round, so easily, he seemed very sad, and was crying.

Eeveryone was like "oh what a crap, he didnt trained at all".

IN the next day after the fight, he was taking a bad, but the peole that was with him at the hotel, noticed that he was taking so much time,,,and when they forcefully opened the door, found the guy death in the floor.

The autopsy confirmed that the punches that he received in the fight in the that before, damaged more the wounds that he have supposedly recovered from the fight a year ago.Then, his brain colapsed an he died, because of a blood leak in his inner organs, in the brain.

this could be the same situation. or more or less.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
You mean heading a ball would explode a vein in the brain ??

That was in the old times when balls were made of wool and were as heavy as a brick .. many brain damage cases were reported since then .. but now FIFA balls are way lighter and I believe medically tested ..

So, I repeat .. I don't think his death was caused by a brain damage .. it could be a heart attack .. anyway, the autopsy should reveal more .. and I might as well be wrong ..

bongo10

Jun 11, 2003
man this is really sad
i can't believe something like this happened, I like Cameroon
when everything seems to go good all of the sudden the good takes a unexpected turn and things get sad
R.I.P

Jul 12, 2002
From Soccernet:
Cameroon's Foe dies after semi-final

Cameroon international Marc-Vivien Foe died following Thursday evening's Confederations Cup semi-final against Colombia in Lyon.

Foe, 28, who spent last season on loan at Manchester City from Lyon, collapsed in the second half of the 1-0 win which took his country into the final.

The former West Ham midfielder was rushed to the side of the Stade Gerland pitch where medical staff tried for around 45 minutes to resuscitate the player without success.

In a statement issued ahead of the kick-off in France's semi-final against Turkey in Paris, FIFA said: 'FIFA and the world family of football want to give his family and the Cameroon team their condolences.'

The match in Paris was preceded by the image of Foe on the stadium's big screen and a minute's silence.

Alfred Mueller, FIFA's Swiss medical officer for Lyon, told a news conference this evening:

'After he [Foe] went off the pitch ... we took him to first aid, and the heart stopped in the first aid. The French doctors here did reanimation for 45 minutes and, during this 45 minutes, we had unfortunately absolutely no reaction.

'This is a very sad day for football, for FIFA and for the player's family. This is all we can say at the moment.'

FIFA also said there would be an post-mortem to determine the circumstances of the death.

Tributes were paid immediately by the player's French club.

'Marc-Vivien Foe will leave us the memory of a charming boy, the incarnation of the joy in life,' Olympique Lyonnais said in a statement on the player's website, which it hosts.

'We will keep of him his bursts of laughter, the music which comes out of the changing room, and his kindness away from the ground.

'Marco, we will not forget you.'

Harry Redknapp, who brought Foe to West Ham in 1998, said: 'It's come as such a shock - he was such a powerful, strong man.

'Never have I seen someone in better physical condition than Marc - and you couldn't have met a nicer boy than him.

'Everybody at West Ham loved him and you only have to see the reactions of the French players tonight when they were lining up for the national anthems to see how popular he was in the game.

'Everyone who came into contact with him would have loved the man. He was such a special person and a terrific footballer.'

Redknapp, now manager at Portsmouth, concluded: 'Marc was a great young man - it's so sad.'

Foe, a powerful midfielder, played 65 times for his country, including three caps won at World Cup 2002 in matches played against the Republic of Ireland, Germany and Saudi Arabia.

He made 35 appearances while on loan at Maine Road last season, scoring nine goals. City boss Kevin Keegan was thought to be one of a number of Premiership managers hoping to secure Foe's services for next season.

Foe in action before tragedy struck (ShaunBotterill/GettyImages)

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
hey rick,,thjere is a trhead about that in the misc socecr section..go there :)
I suppose you meant International Soccer Section, but point taken...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)