Toyota Cup 2004 (1 Viewer)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Porto vs. Once Caldas on Sunday

Porto just squeaked by the CL group stages. They've had a slow start to their domestic league season, but they've come on late and are back in the top tier -- tied with Trap's Benfica for the league lead.

As for Once Caldas - they qualified for this match after surprising Boca Juniors by winning the Libertadores Cup ... and on penalties (Boca missed all 4!). They just started things up again in the Columbian domestic leagues... and OC is in the top of the pack (third).

Does it matter much? That's to be debated. We'll likely see an average Porto squad, following their CL defeat of Chelsea this week. Porto has the edge on talent even after the depletion of their CL-winning squad to Chelsea and Barca, and their form has improved. Normally, due to domestic and European competitions, I give the edge in this competition to the South American side.

But for those reasons, I'm picking Porto 2-1.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
swag

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #2
    0-0 FT with Porto winning 8-7 on PK. Once again in the Yokohama cold. OC played for the draw, and Porto almost broke it open a couple of times. A deserved victory, though.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    good timing to get a red card though..after he has taken his turn of spotkick on the last match of the last toutnament...he made his personal statement witout punishing the team..

his punishment is he just have to wait for a few minutes outside the pitch...

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
    Why on earth did Diego taunt the goalkeeper? Not a good way to earn respect.
    I didn't realise that this topic actually existed!

From wad I know, Diego and the Once goalkeeper crossed swords b4.......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)