Totti: Nedved didn't deserve Balon d'Or (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Totti sets sights on 2004 awards
Tuesday 23 December, 2003

The campaign has already started to see Francesco Totti named Player of 2004, but the Roma captain insists Pavel Nedved was not a worthy winner.

“Nedved did not deserve the Balon d’Or,” he stated after the Juventus man was voted top European Player of the Year.

“I realise Nedved did some very good things this year,” he told radio station ‘Rete Sport’, “but on a technical level there are better players out there.”

The winner took Juventus took a second successive title, the Champions’ League Final and helped the Czech Republic to a surprise qualification for the European Championships.

“I think that this award should have gone to someone who is able to entertain the fans,” continued Totti.

“I am not sad that I did not win. It can only act as a spur to do even better this season with both Roma and the Azzurri.”

However, the Capital hero did reveal a few choice views on the current status of European players.

“I would have given the award to Ruud van Nistelrooy,” he explained, “but I would have been in the top three along with Thierry Henry.”

“Someone even gave a FIFA award vote to Gennaro Gattuso and quite frankly I’m worried about that Coach’s state of mind.”

The Giallorossi captain did not receive a single vote for the FIFA World Player of the Year, but some Coaches claim that will soon change.

Roma boss Fabio Capello stated this week that his talent is “on a par with Zinedine Zidane.”

Now French legend Michel Platini has come out in support of Totti’s bid to win personal honours.

“In the years that do not include a World Cup the players who win these awards tend to show their worth in the Champions’ League,” explained the former Juventus man.

“With Roma’s lack of European success it was inevitable that Totti would not be included. But with the Euro 2004 tournament he has his chance to really make his mark on the international stage.”

It has been claimed that Totti will never win a major honour while he is with Roma and the captain commented on his future.

“I would only ever leave here for Real Madrid,” he announced, “but before that I must win another two or three titles with Roma.”

:fero::(:groan:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
:howler: Brilliant!

Do me a favour and try to match the following two statements from him:

++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
"on a technical level there are better players out there.”

“I would have given the award to Ruud van Nistelrooy,”
:D

Kiko

Jun 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
“Someone even gave a FIFA award vote to Gennaro Gattuso and quite frankly I’m worried about that Coach’s state of mind.”
asshat

“I would only ever leave here for Real Madrid,” he announced, “but before that I must win another two or three titles with Roma.”
jackass

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
The most stupid interview from Totti ever! The whole world now knows, what an arrogant ass he is! Congrats Totti! You know how to get fans!

Really, I would kill him now!

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
Totti knows nothing about football, so don't take his words too seriously.
Nedved is one of the most technical players in the world. He's a perfect player, concerning all the football basic things, like shooting, passing, controlling the ball etc.
Of course he deserved to win the Golden ball. he also deserved to win the Fifa world player of the year. I'm still mad about it.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Edgar Davids ] ++
Totti knows nothing about football, so don't take his words too seriously.
Nedved is one of the most technical players in the world . He's a perfect player, concerning all the football basic things, like shooting, passing, controlling the ball etc.
Of course he deserved to win the Golden ball. he also deserved to win the Fifa world player of the year. I'm still mad about it.
I dont know anything about that.
Nedved deserved the prize,but technicly he isnt that strong,for example there are players like:Zizou,Figo,Ronaldo,Henry,Veron,Ronaldinho,Totti,Raul,Rui costa and Bergkamp who are technicly stronger.

PS:i am not saying that any of these are better than Neddy(except for Henry:cool:)but they are technicly stronger.

Aug 1, 2003
ha ha ha , what a JOKE mr. totti!! how unprofessional for a roma captain, clearly your lack of IQ does not match up to your skills on the field.

is it true totti said this though, I mean, isn't he worried what he says might ruin his reputation? (if he has one)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)