Totti has fixed an ultimatum (3 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
As some of you said , it's better for seria A that Totti Remains...
i really hate madrid , i don't want to imagine totti with these bastards !

gray

Apr 22, 2003
To be honest I don't care if Totti joins Real Madrid. The last thing I want is for him to join Milan and see them win Serie A year in, year out... because that's what would happen.

Aug 1, 2003
Well. I'm sure Roma loves Totti, but I don't think Roma could afford those things Totti commanded for .... it all depends on how much Roma is willing to sacrifice to keep Totti

:totti:

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Len ] ++
F*CK Totti, the arrogant piece of sh*t!! :totti:
Yeah im sure you know how arrogant Totti is!, you just sounds like a bitter jelious little looser when you say something like: "F*CK Totti, the arrogant piece of sh*t!!"

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Roma tick off outspoken Totti
Friday 11 June, 2004

Francesco Totti has been reprimanded for publicly threatening to quit Roma and issued a new statement on the official club website.

“Totti is an important part of our overall project,” noted Director of Sport Franco Baldini, “and it is precisely for this reason that he’d do well to avoid giving newspapers a scandal on a silver platter.”

The Giallorossi captain caused uproar on Thursday when he threatened to walk out on Roma if they did not sign four or five top stars this summer.

However, within 24 hours he had tried to make up for it by publishing a new set of statements on the official club website.

“I wish to point out,” said Totti’s press release, “that my words in the conference were taken out of context. My response ‘Never say never’ was to a precise question about the overall delicate state of football in the world today and not regarding my person position with Roma.”

“I am in constant contact with the club,” continued the Italy hero, “and know that their project is moving along according to plan. We are laying the foundations for a future that can only satisfy the fans, team and city of Rome, so I again confirm my intention of staying with Roma.”

This has gone some way to pouring cold water over reports that he would consider a switch to Milan, but it is also hardly the first time Totti has publicly threatened to walk away unless the team is reinforced.

“I accept that Francesco has promptly acted to make his comments less open to interpretation,” added Baldini. “As for Roma, we remain eager to ensure a satisfying future at this club.”

===

I'm confused. Is he an idiot or isn't he? This piece of diplomacy strongly suggests he deserves more credit than he's being given. Or maybe he's just wising up?

In either case: well played, Totti.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
To be honest I don't care if Totti joins Real Madrid. The last thing I want is for him to join Milan and see them win Serie A year in, year out... because that's what would happen.
no teams wins Serie A year in year out...not in recent history anyway... the closest is Juventus who won two in a row .. thats why its really far streched to expect them to make it 3 in a row last season...

its a good thing really.. rivalries make the trophy felt more important.. i would wasted my time following this tournament if i can sit back and expect the team to win it year in year out... a win after one drought season will feel more sweet...try predict what would Inter fans feel when they finally win the Scudetto again..:)

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++

its a good thing really.. rivalries make the trophy felt more important.. i would wasted my time following this tournament if i can sit back and expect the team to win it year in year out... a win after one drought season will feel more sweet...try predict what would Inter fans feel when they finally win the Scudetto again..:)

you mean IF

kweku

Jul 20, 2002
You can´t find many players today who are as loyal as Totti, give him some credit. He is about 27 years old and he wants to win trophies, he could of left before, dont you think? but he has always stayed loyal. Roma sold Samuel and will selll Emerson. He is just putting pressure on the board and if he was to leave, if they fail to buy in some good replacements I would understand him. but you cant find players who loves thier clubs the way Totti does, so if he wants some personal succes, whats wrong with that?He is one of the best, and he should be playing with the best. And its he is big ego who gives him the confidence to play the way he does, If only Del piero had litte of that.................................

But I surely dont hope he leaves Roma or Serie A, because first of all, big teams needs thier symbols and after losing Ronaldo and ZZ to Spain, the Serie A cant afford to lose another big star, and third, a player like Totti causes emotions and those are the players who makes it fun to watch the game of football. And the biggest argument, he is a entertaining and fantastic player.

Depp inside you all would love Totti at juve, and you all know it ;)

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
Indeed. If Totti joins Milan only an injury crisis will prevent them from winning everything

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I believe Capello might convince Totti to join but it is very unlikely
and it will be unlikely only if Totti would really want to leave if not it is not unlikely it is impossible

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)