Totti could leave (1 Viewer)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Totti: I could leave Roma
Sunday 7 March, 2004

Francesco Totti has confessed he would leave Roma if the financial situation deteriorated and named Madrid as his favoured destination.

“If I was forced to leave the Capital,” he explained in a television interview, “then I would accept a sale for the good of the club.”

This is not the first time that the Giallorossi captain has pointed this out, but following the collapse of Russian oil giants Nafta Moskva’s takeover bid it is an increasingly important note.

Roma President Franco Sensi is still on the lookout for a new buyer and admitted this week that he would sell up at the end of the season.

Emerson, Francisco Lima, Vincent Candela and John Carew are expected to be sold in the summer to help pay off debts, but a more substantial sacrifice could be required.

“If I did leave Roma,” continued Totti on French channel Canal Plus, “the best thing for me would be Madrid.”

Real directors have already hinted that the Italian international is their prime target for the summer and a good Euro 2004 would raise his price-tag above £30m.

However, he also had a slight dig at the lack of recognition he has received outside the Peninsula walls.

“At Real Madrid even the worst players suddenly become brilliant, because the media impact is so massive out there.”

Football Italia

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #2
    Anyone think Trap would drop him from the NT for not playing in Serie A? :D

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++

“At Real Madrid even the worst players suddenly become brilliant, because the media impact is so massive out there.”
    David Beckham anyone? :D

I'd laugh my ass off if we sell Trezeguet for more than Roma get for Totti :rofl:

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    We wouldn't though, Real are willing to pay (according to the latest news) 30 million GBP for Totti whereas Chelsea's latest presumed bid on Trezeguet is 35 million EUR.

30 million GBP = 45 million EUR.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Dammit I got confused between Barca's offer for Trez and attached the pound sign to 35m :wallbang:

Sep 28, 2002
    still, 35m for trez is crazy when you can get totti for 45m.
    we must go for it, it would be deal of a century.
    well, second after mancini to roma deal :wallbang:

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    I wouldn't want Serie A to lose yet another star to La Liga (after Zidane, Davids et al), but if that means Roma to get weaker, then so be it :cool:

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
    So that's why he wants to go to Madrid...:LOL:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    IM very sure he will leave roma...and it will piss me offf greatly..

I mean..i know that he is one of our toughest enemies... but to see another star...maybe the greatest right now, to leave to spain... i prefer him to stay.

It will do no good to a league that is full of negative propaganda...and even worst...real madrid will urn unbeatable.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
    figo, he is gettin old and i always thought totti could play winger
    Totti winger? Don't think so.

A better option would be to drop Beckham back to the right wing and play Totti in attacking midfield (behind strikers) or upfront to partner Ronaldo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)