Totti Apologizes and Gazzetta Reveals Secrets (1 Viewer)

Sep 28, 2002
i'm over it already ;)

now i feel sorry for myself. eurosport just showed the highlights of juve milan cl final. life lost it's sense in 5 mins :down:

damn those penalties were bad :D

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Sensi has only been vocal in these past years. Imo he is saying all those things because he's nearly 80 (78 I think) and has already proved himself as a president, so by trying to stir things up he has nothing to lose as he cannot go forward anymore in his professional career and has nothing else to prove.

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
It reminds me the situation with Samuel L Jackson and Oscars :D
he was nominated to the award and he didnt get it, so his reaction was: F*ck! :(
He was the only one person, who didnt have that friendly polite FAKE smile on his face, but showed his real feelings :D

So Totti revealed his real feelings, and more: he revealed feelings of other people too, cause I do not believe that all people, specially those nominees to awards, were so happy, that they are not winners ;)

Actually his words made me laugh, cause I thought: Eh Totti Totti, just keep your mouth closed in such situations, as everyone else do, cause you will look like a jealous jerk.

Specially that he chose wrong purpose for his childish attack, cause Pavel did deserve that award :cool:

OP
dpforever

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #51
    To clear things up: Gattusso, Capello and Zoff didn't vote officialy for Nedved, only Trap did and it was for the FIFA awards, not the Balon d'Or ..

However, Totti was furious because the Gazzetta and many other newspapers made a kind of poll asking respected coaches and players about who deserves the award more and clearly most of them, even Italians, voted (i.e. supported) Nedved over Totti .. and that might also have an effect on the journalists' choices that made Nedved win it over Totti ..

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    Thanks for clearing that up dpforever.

Though Nedved won it mostly thanks to the journalists from the East who ALL voted for him from what has been said. So I'm guessing that Spanish and English journalists did not give him too many votes.

OP
    dpforever

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #54
    Well, Totti felt 'betrayed' and 'jealous' that even his countrymen chose Nedved over him (that explains quitting the Azzurri threat), even though he clearly doesn't see that their choice for Nedved was clearly fair and probably the right one .. it doesn't matter if that had a direct effect on the choices or not, I guess he just expected them to back him up as they usually did: the Golden Boy of Italy ..

Anyway, Totti wasn't even in the run for any award and didn't do anything special in 2003 (except the last couple of months) and if anything, Maldini is the one who should feel that away and not Totti .. But ofcourse we all know Maldini is a gentleman and would never do such a thing ..

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
    Thanks for clearing that up dpforever.

Though Nedved won it mostly thanks to the journalists from the East who ALL voted for him from what has been said. So I'm guessing that Spanish and English journalists did not give him too many votes.
    Do U know if it's possible to see how the journalists voted like
    one can with the FIFA's award?

I visited http://www.francefootball.com/
    damn the greatest football
    site ever! ;) One could think a magazine that is behind this award
    has an informative site!
    Damn French! :D

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    No idea sorry. I don't think it was a secret vote if people knew who voted for who so I guess there should be somwhere.

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
    No idea sorry. I don't think it was a secret vote if people knew who voted for who so I guess there should be somwhere.
    ok... since I never read about any list of how the journalists voted in media here I was hoping perhaps near italy they are more interested of publishing a list of the voters if it was available...

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++

The Gazzetta Dello Sport had the inside story surrounding Totti's strange outburst on recent Balon d'or winner, Pavel Nedved.

The reason behind Totti's attack on Nedved and evident rage was that he felt 'betrayed' when he discovered that current Azzurri coach Giovanni Trapatoni and previous coach Dino Zoff both voted for the Czech Republic player instead of him. The biggest surprise to Totti was that even his current Roma coach Fabio Capello has preferred Nedved to him. The Italian press and sympathy towards Nedved also didn't go unnoticed by the Roman captain.

As for the one-to-one confrontation between Gattuso and Totti, it was due to the same reason, as the Milan player confessed that he was the biggest supporter of Nedved in the race of the award.

Totti reacted to all of this by publicly stating that Nedved didn't deserve the award and threw a bomb when he said that he would leave the Azzurri after Euro2004 because Italy didn't recognize him as a great player.

Gazzetta Dello Sport condemned Totti's comments and led an attack on the player, saying that 'What would Maldini say if a baby in your size wants to now carry Italy?' and 'You're not even worthy of an old dirty shoe thrown at your large head!'.

The Corriero dello sport also had some harsh comments for the Roma captain. 'If there was an award for worst personality we would so gladly awarded to you. Italy's history is full of honourable men who fought for the country with their blood, we know you're not one of them. Now we know were did Cassano pick up that annoying attitude'.

As for the players' comments:

Nesta: 'No Comment. Totti is a friend. But until now I don't know how many personalties are there inside Totti. Sometimes he's with things and sometimes against.'

Gattuso" 'I don't know what happened. I was just talking to him and he attacked me. Strange thing!'.

Maldini: 'A player should always be aware of what he is saying to the press. Totti is a great player and might deserve the award. But technically Nedved created alot for Juve and his national team. I can't understand Totti's madness. He needs to work from now for next year's award.'

Trap: 'If I was asked to make a choice for a 100 times, I'll pick Nedved a 100 times. There is nothing personal between me and Totti, but I'll pick Nedved over him and he has to live with it.'

Capello: 'Totti? Nedved? Ofcourse Nedved. Totti was furious with me because I made the right choice.'

Zoff: 'That's why I didn't chose him (Totti). And I'm sure no one from Italy chose him and no one will ever do that as long as this is his attitude and relationship with the other players. He's threatening to leave the Azzurri. Well, I'll personaly ask Trap to drop him permenantly because having doubts when representing your country is a betrayal and sin that should be punished. But, like a small child, he thinks that no one will oppose him.'

Totti felt the immense pressure and acknowledged that he had went too far and personally aplogized for Nedved, saying that he deserves the award and that Nedved is even the best player in the world. Totti also aplogized to the coaches and players who supported Nedved.

But, this is not the first time Totti apolgizes for unsettling comments. Will the Italians forgive him this time, especially that national pride is involved this time?

i am sooooooo damn satisfyed to read this...!!!!!!!!!!
    totti was totally embarassed for his attitude.....
    but....the fact that he appologised doesn't touch me.
    he might did it cause he had to.
    cause he was even lower than the ground in front of ppl's and coaches eyes,that he had to do smg....

well......it was hia fault.now,he must "pay".
    and embarassement is one very nice punishment for ppl like totti.
    ;)

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
    To clear things up: Gattusso, Capello and Zoff didn't vote officialy for Nedved, only Trap did and it was for the FIFA awards, not the Balon d'Or ..

However, Totti was furious because the Gazzetta and many other newspapers made a kind of poll asking respected coaches and players about who deserves the award more and clearly most of them, even Italians, voted (i.e. supported) Nedved over Totti .. and that might also have an effect on the journalists' choices that made Nedved win it over Totti ..
    A bit lost. you mean that Gattusso, Capello and Zoff didn't vote in the Balon d'Or.
    But in a seperate thing altogether which does not affect the award, when they were asked who derserved the awrd more. The 3 of them choose Nedved over Totti. And this is what Totti got furious abt?

Sep 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Sunshine ] ++

A bit lost. you mean that Gattusso, Capello and Zoff didn't vote in the Balon d'Or.
    But in a seperate thing altogether which does not affect the award, when they were asked who derserved the awrd more. The 3 of them choose Nedved over Totti. And this is what Totti got furious abt?
    i believe so.

and fahad, thanks for clearing up the thing. man, totti is such a fag. he shoulg have born in soviet union, the way he thinks belongs there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)