7 years with good profit, last year we closed the deal with players that
were co-owned, the delle alpi project --> $$$ :eek:

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Juve100%

Juve100%

Feb 13, 2004
  • Thread Starter #42
    well it seem that the rumours about Torres are not true, just read that he ever said that he would like to move to italy if he had to move. and he never said that he would sign for Juve or Milan.

so thats the end of that......oh well nice dream ;)

Aug 1, 2003
    I love Torres and it'd be a dream come true to see him in Juventus... Although I would sell DV for him instead of Trez :p but then a Torres-Trez combo doesn't sound so convincing in a way

But aside from whatever happens to him, like I said, having Torres would be a dream .. He's really loyal to his club though, and probably would cost a lot of money in order to get him. If it were up to me, I'd check how much I'd have to spend on him and see if he's worth it

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Torres refutes Italian talk
    Friday, 26 March 2004

Atletico Madrid striker Fernando Torres has rubbished claims he expressed an interest in signing for Milan or Juventus.

The Spanish international hit-man reiterated his assertion that the only way he would leave Los Rojiblancos was if they chose to sell him, and denied hinting at a switch to Serie A.

Media reports earlier in the week had quoted the teenage sensation as saying that he would only consider moving to Italy if he left Atletico.

However, Torres has now dismissed the story and says it was nothing more than mischief-making by the Italian media and reassured Atletico fans that he has no intention of quitting El Vicente Calderon.

"The only way I would leave is if Atletico needed me to financially," he stated.

"Going to Real Madrid would be the most difficult, what's more I have never spoken about going to Juve or Milan and it's not the first time they have changed my words for their benefit.

"Atletico supporters can stay calm because my intention is to stay here for a long time."

Torres went on to express his delight at his recall to the national side for the forthcoming friendly international against Denmark.

"The boss (Inaki Saez) has said that he has a fixed group and that the rest must win a place for the European Championship," he continued.

"My presence will depend on the remaining games because I need to be in good physical condition.

"What's more there is a lot of competition for places amongst the forwards."

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Andrea Becchi ] ++
    Yeah, I do not want to take a chance on a spanish player, eventhough he is young.
    It's not so much that he's spanish, but that he's a Spanish attacker. The defenses of Spain are nothing compared to the defenses of Italy and the style of defence is totally different. History tells us that La Liga players take a long time to adapt to Serie A if they ever adapt at all. There are exceptions, but at Torres' price, we could buy three or more young Serie A strikers.

Aug 1, 2003
    Hmm, that's true. I say we look at how much he'll cost. If the price is reasonable I'm willing to take the risk.

Torres refutes Italian talk? Damn you to hell Torres! :D

Sorry, can't help it. Been quite a big fan past few years.

Sep 1, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

It's not so much that he's spanish, but that he's a Spanish attacker. The defenses of Spain are nothing compared to the defenses of Italy and the style of defence is totally different. History tells us that La Liga players take a long time to adapt to Serie A if they ever adapt at all. There are exceptions, but at Torres' price, we could buy three or more young Serie A strikers.
    I think it is time that this prejudice against spanish players was put to bed. Spanish players of exceptional talent have seldem played outside of their own country, not unlike Italian. to sujest, even if we could prise them away from their home-land, that they couldn't cut it in Serie A is laughable.

If there was the chance to get Torres we should move heaven and earth to do so, before Milan do.

The thought of getting three more young italians who we would then loan out for expierence fills me with ennui.

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by bianconero ] ++
    I think it is time that this prejudice against spanish players was put to bed. Spanish players of exceptional talent have seldem played outside of their own country, not unlike Italian. to sujest, even if we could prise them away from their home-land, that they couldn't cut it in Serie A is laughable.
    Do you know anything about Serie A? Let me give you some examples of great La Liga players who have flopped in Serie A:

Mendieta, Rivaldo, Kovacevic, an d Jose Mari. Those are just hte most recent.

If there was the chance to get Torres we should move heaven and earth to do so, before Milan do.

The thought of getting three more young italians who we would then loan out for expierence fills me with ennui.
    I'm not talking about young italians who will be loaned, I'm talking about players like Gilardino, Caracciolo, and Fava.

Sep 1, 2002
    Kovacevic did not flop but was badly used. Mendieta and Rivaldo came at theirs stars where falling; just look were they went on to ply their trade. Jose Mari is hardly a name in his own houshold.

Give me some real names to convince me.

Jul 12, 2002
    Kovacevic did not flop but was badly used. Mendieta and Rivaldo came at theirs stars where falling; just look were they went on to ply their trade. Jose Mari is hardly a name in his own houshold.

Give me some real names to convince me.
    Hold on a second. Mendeita came after the season that he was thought to be the best playmaker in the world, and he was not old when he came, how was "his star falling"? Rivaldo came to Milan after scoring five goals in the world cup on the way to victory, I hardly think that he was out of it. They went on to crappy teams because they played like shit in Italy, so noboduy wanted them. Kovacevic and Jose Mari were La Liga topscorers before they came to Italy. Those are the big names...

Sep 1, 2002
    There are not that many cross overs between Seria A and La Liga, suprising as it seem, at the highest level. So lets not be caught in some kind of bizzare prejudice against taking players from that region.
    A player can kick a ball: well, good, or with inspiration. They can do that anywhere if good enough.

Maradona did...

Jul 12, 2002
    There are not that many cross overs between Seria A and La Liga, suprising as it seem, at the highest level. So lets not be caught in some kind of bizzare prejudice against taking players from that region.
    A player can kick a ball: well, good, or with inspiration. They can do that anywhere if good enough.

Maradona did...
    We seem to be having the same discussion in two threads. As I've replied in the other, I'll just let this one die.

Sep 1, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
    Interesting. Bianconero, why don't you give us an example of Spanish players of recent who've succeeded in Serie A? Just curious
    I wish I could sallyinzaghi (by the by, it is a shame that we ever sold Inzaghi, I rather liked him as when he hads a good day he is hot), but other than Mendieta-Valencia obviously cashed in on him knowing he had lost his bolt- Pep and Mari, I can't think of two many Spanish players of the highest order who leave their homeland to play in Seria A or any other league come to that. these players for sure didn't set the world alight but they i feel shouldn't prejudice us from younger talent.

I feel sure as football becomes even more open that we shall start to see greater cross-over between Seria A and La Liga, i just want us to be in the vanguard and not among the recidivist legion.

Joaquin (a wonderful player) Vincente and Torres are the future and unlikely though we are in getting these players, I like to dream of them in the Bianconero.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)