Top ten teams in the world!!! (1 Viewer)

paulo

Aug 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

Take off the blinders man. Arsenal is the most dynamic team out there right now. They have consistently ripped apart everyone that they've faced. You say that we have better players than Arsenal, but everyone can tell you that Vieira, Pires, Henry, and Ljungberg are just as good as Davids, Nedved, Zambrotta, and Del Piero; and if they say that they aren't as good then they will admitt that they play as well together.

As for the defence, I can tell that you don't watch many Arsenal games, because their defence with Sol Campbell is insanely good. And Seaman is still a top quality keeper, or do you so easily forget his stellar performances at the WC in the face of one lucky goal?
Maybe Arsenal are dynamic, but that doesn't make them a great team. They still have to prove their consistency and quality to be considered as better than Juve. You might say Juve aren't any good when they drew with Parma and Como, but man, this is Serie A! All teams here are very equal, even the promoted ones. Therefore, a draw with Como shouldn't be considered as a bad result. Just wait and see: Juve will gradually improve and will perhaps again be a scudetto winner. In CL they will hopefully do better than last season, and I believe they are capable of qualifying for the quarter finals or even the semis. I must say I am in a little doubt that Arsenal could make such achievement this season.

It's true I don't watch many Arsenal games, but please! I will never admit that Arsenal have a defence as good as Juve's or better as you probably forgot to say. The at least-32-years-or-older-defenders like Keown and Adams Arsenal never seem to get rid of, can't be comparisoned to Montero, Tudor, Ferrara, Iuliano, Pessotto or Thuram. They're just too slow and lack a huge deal of quality. Just because Sol Campbell joined them you call the Arsenal defence insanely good?:LOL: They might have the best defence in Premier League, but that doesn't prove anything.

About Seaman...:D Unfortunately, I didn't have the possibility of watching the World Cup, as I didn't have the necessary tv channel. But from the clips they were showing on another channel, I didn't see any "stellar performances" from him. The goal he conceded against Brazil was some of the worst goalkeeper performances I've seen, especially considering all the time he had to make a save. Many other mistakes from the past years prove he's not "still top quality keeper" as you claim he is. I would agree he's a good keeper, better than most others, but it's crazy saying he's a top quality keeper. A top quality keeper among other things very rarely makes mistakes and does his job done in deciding moments. I'm confident that Buffon is such a keeper, is Seaman? I don't think so. ;)

Buy on AliExpress.com

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Except you are from another planet, I do not see how you can say Arsenal are not a gr8 team as if there is any team aside maybe Milan in better form, I am yet to see

What Ian said its basically true, take off the blinders, my man yes support your team, but stop watching other teams with blinders on, you said u do not watch Arsenal but you have seen enough to say keown etc are not in the same league as Ferrara and co. Btw if you have actually seen them you will know Keown is faster than Iuliano, Ferrara and Montero while noone in our defence is quicker than Cole

Don't know how they will fare in Cl but it won't surprise me if they went all the wa, but its early days yet and their form is bound to dip but at the moment they are in better form and are playing better football than Juventus

Who gives a good crap if its SerieA, don't give me all that nonsense that all teams are the same ,as I am pretty sure Arsenal will take Como to the cleaners

Btw Buffon has made mistakes as well, big ones in fact, that does not make him a bad keepr or that he is not top quality

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
arsenal are also a great team in the sense that they do not BUY success.they do not even try.gilberto silva,ashley cole,patrick vieira,freddie ljungberg etc. can be sold for 5 times or more the amount they were bought for.the amount of money they save is remarkable enough,but it is nothing compared to the amount of success they have.man utd spend like there's no tommorow,on players like ruud van nistelrooy(one season wonder),sebastian veron(blows hot and cold,but more cold) and ferdinand(yet to prove his worth).and they get nothing to show for it.kinda shows you how different they are,both can be descirbed as great,but in different senses in the word.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by paulo ] ++
Maybe Arsenal are dynamic, but that doesn't make them a great team. They still have to prove their consistency and quality to be considered as better than Juve. You might say Juve aren't any good when they drew with Parma and Como, but man, this is Serie A! All teams here are very equal, even the promoted ones. Therefore, a draw with Como shouldn't be considered as a bad result. Just wait and see: Juve will gradually improve and will perhaps again be a scudetto winner. In CL they will hopefully do better than last season, and I believe they are capable of qualifying for the quarter finals or even the semis. I must say I am in a little doubt that Arsenal could make such achievement this season.
Really man, If I'm not mistaken, Arsenal finished ahead of us in the CL last year, did they not?

It's true I don't watch many Arsenal games, but please! I will never admit that Arsenal have a defence as good as Juve's or better as you probably forgot to say. The at least-32-years-or-older-defenders like Keown and Adams Arsenal never seem to get rid of, can't be comparisoned to Montero, Tudor, Ferrara, Iuliano, Pessotto or Thuram. They're just too slow and lack a huge deal of quality. Just because Sol Campbell joined them you call the Arsenal defence insanely good?:LOL: They might have the best defence in Premier League, but that doesn't prove anything.
Adams no longer plays for Arsenal and Keown is just as good as Ferrara, Iuliano, Pessotto, or Montero. I wasn't saying that Sol Campbell is the only reason that they are good, my point was that when he is in the line-up, they have the best defence in England except for Liverpool.

About Seaman...:D Unfortunately, I didn't have the possibility of watching the World Cup, as I didn't have the necessary tv channel. But from the clips they were showing on another channel, I didn't see any "stellar performances" from him. The goal he conceded against Brazil was some of the worst goalkeeper performances I've seen, especially considering all the time he had to make a save. Many other mistakes from the past years prove he's not "still top quality keeper" as you claim he is. I would agree he's a good keeper, better than most others, but it's crazy saying he's a top quality keeper. A top quality keeper among other things very rarely makes mistakes and does his job done in deciding moments. I'm confident that Buffon is such a keeper, is Seaman? I don't think so. ;)
You don't watch Arsenal games or the world cup, and you claim to know that Seaman is not a top quality keeper. If you did watch Arsenal games, you would know that he is, and if you saw the England-Sweden game you would know that he is. BTW, I watch Arsenal games regularly, and I watched every game of the world cup.

paulo

Aug 14, 2002
I guess you guys are right, I shouldn't critisize Arsenal when I don't watch any games. Maybe one or two Arsenal games in the FA-Cup last season and a few Juve games, but that's not enough to start favouring Juve ahead of Arsenal.

Now it's a new season and things have changed, so I guess I can't compare last season's Arsenal with today's Arsenal. They impressed me somewhat when they won the Premier League, also when they won with Juve, but except those things I never thought of them as a great team, a team as good as Juve. Their latest performances, however, suggest but still don't prove, that they are at least as good as Juve, probably better. It's difficult to compare their performances in Premier League to Juve's in Serie A, because these are two different leagues, but in CL I must admit: Arsenal are better. If they have bigger chances to succeed in the tournament than Juve is still a question mark. Now, many would say Arsenal, but in the long term i still count on Juve. Mainly because I'm a Juventus fan.

Sorry for all the troubles I made...

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
You did not cause any troubles , you were just offering your opinion as you and every body on herehas a right to do, its just up to others to counter your arguements with reasonable points or totally agree with you

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Top 10 Teams in the World
1. AC Milan
2. Arsenal
3. Valencia
4. Real Madrid
5. Manchester Utd
6. Juventus
7. Inter
8. Real Betis
9. Lyon
10. Barcelona

paulo

Aug 14, 2002
Great list! I'm just in doubt if Betis deserves that 8th place. Lyon or Barcelona should be there instead. Apart from that I agree with it.

All the teams in the Champions League that are leading their groups are included, that's good. That should count the most I think.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
Italy have maintained second spot behind Spain in the latest UEFA rankings and will enter four teams for the 2003-04 edition of the Champions’ League.

It was feared that recent years of poor results in Europe would cost Serie A its prestige and the fourth qualifying place for the main competition.

However, a recent resurgence in their fortunes – particularly Milan’s 100% record in a tough Group – have seen them maintain second spot ahead of England and Germany.

Once again two teams will qualify directly while another two will go through the preliminary round to enter the Champions’ League group stage.

Four teams (two preliminary):

Spain, Italy, England

Three teams (one preliminary):

Germany, France, Greece

Two teams (one preliminary):

Holland, Turkey, Portugal

Football Italia

juvesta

Sep 6, 2002
<Rickenbacker2 >
Really man, If I'm not mistaken, Arsenal finished ahead of us in the CL last year, did they not?
</Rickenbacker2 >

I should think we were equal on points.We also had more injuries as compared to them.
But i still maintain my position that i'm still not convinced that there are much better than juve.I should think what made them more "grande" is the english media,i know those guys can really do a good hyping job.Don't get me wrong,i'm not saying there are not playing well but i'm actually saying is that they are overrated in my opinion and also the season both in europe and epl is still young.

<Rickenbacker2 >
Take off the blinders man. Arsenal is the most dynamic team out there right now. They have consistently ripped apart everyone that they've faced.
</Rickenbacker2 >:scared::down::dontcare:
<Paranoia >
they are running rampant at the moment,killing off big and small teams alike.i tip them to go far in the CL this season.
</Paranoia >:frown::confused::confused:

yeah right!! tell everton and 16 yr old Rooney about it man.:D:D

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
Ian, you do have a sense of humor!!! :extatic:

Sorry, just couldn't resist... :angel:;)
Well, I can't image why you want to resist, but when I'm rellaxed, like I am right now, I can be quite the humourous fellow.

But, Denco would make a good mod IMO, in all seriousness.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by juvesta ] ++
yeah right!! tell everton and 16 yr old Rooney about it man.:D:D
Yes, no team is completely unbeatable, you are correct. They had to lose eventually, but when was the last time that Juve or Real Madrid for that matter put together 31 straight undefeated games? That's still pretty good.

juvesta

Sep 6, 2002
<Rickenbacker2 >
but when was the last time that Juve or Real Madrid for that matter put together 31 straight undefeated games? That's still pretty good.
</Rickenbacker2 >

Yes there are good but i would say relatively(kinda of depends on the context).
The simple explanation regarding juve and real is that they are from serie a and la liga respectively.Take a look for example of what happened in la liga this past weekend(small teams vs big ones).
Also remember that the premier is a league whereby its winner and runners up can have a 17 point difference between them and also one team can win about 7 league titles in 9 yrs(maybe that may also explain why manu managed to win league,ECL and FA in same year).Compare that with la liga/serie a.

DAVIDZ

Sep 15, 2002
Here are the latest rankings

cnnsi.com:

1 (1) AC Milan Italy 98

2 (5) Liverpool England 97

3 (2) Real Madrid Spain 76

4 (6) Valencia Spain 64

5 (3) Arsenal England 46

6 (4) Inter Milan Italy 41

7 (-) Manchester United England 30

8 (7) Juventus Italy 28

9 (-) Barcelona Spain 26

10 (-) Auxerre France 25

Dropping out: Ajax, Independiente, Bayern Munich

Others receiving votes: Borussia Dortmund, Boca Juniors, Independiente, Real Sociedad, Sao Paulo, Ajax, AEK Athens

------------------------------------------------------------------------
and the hilarious espn.com :
:confused::D
1. Inter Milan Italy 291.17

2. Liverpool England 287.55

3. AC Milan Italy 264.17

4. Arsenal England 256.91

5. Bayern Munich Germany 253.80

6. Valencia Spain 250.00

7. Manchester United England 244.77

8. Real Sociedad Spain 240.71

9. Juventus Italy 240.50

10. Borussia Dortmund Germany 238.50

Real was 12th:dazed::dazed:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)