Top ten teams in the world!!! (1 Viewer)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
What more can they win? The very same thing they have won 3 times in 5 years, the very same thing we want as does everyone else, the CL trophy.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Oded ] ++
my list of the ten best clubs in the world according to recent performace (realistic list):

1. real madrid
2. arsenal
3. valencia
4. juventus
5. bayern munchen
6. manchester united
7. deportivo la coruna
8. internazionale
9. liverpool
10. barcelona
Your going by performances of late? Then why are Man Utd at 6? Inter and no Milan? Nah man..

++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
How can Juve be at number 2 in the world?
How can Juve be at number 2 in the world? Easily... Look at our performances of late compared to other teams. We are Lo Scudetto and Supercup holders,and have been near perfect in out first two league games. We also got a more than deserved draw against Uefa Cup holders Feyenoord.

Compare our results to that of Roma's,Inter's,Liverpool's,etc.

Aug 30, 2002
That's impressive in the past but lets talk about the recent Real Madrid. Nobody can deny the quality or potential of Real at the moment but I don't really respect their recent achievements that much... To me, a team like the great AC Milan side of the early 90's that, won European Cups and dominated domestically do. Real are a great cup side but cannot yet back it up with league success. Maybe it's because they have a dodgy defence, or week squad, or ...

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
My last Top 10 :
1. Real Madrid
2. Juventus
3. Valencia
4. Arsenal
5. Milan
6. Deportivo la Coruna
7. Bayern Munich
8. Barcelona
9. Manchester Utd
10. Ajax

Current Top 10 :
1. Real Madrid
2. Juventus
3. Deportivo la Coruna
4. Milan
5. Valencia
6. Arsenal
7. Bayern Munich
8. Barcelona
9. Manchester Utd
10. Ajax

Summary :
Real and Juve are still the top 2 teams in my top ten thanks to their comfortable league wins. Supoer Depor climb 3 places after some great results,i.e. 3-2 win over Bayern,2 consecutive league wins. Milan also move up and are unbeaten in their last 3 official games. Unlucky Valencia drop 2 places despite coming from 2 goals down to draw with Malaga. Arsenal go down to number 5 after a disappointing win over the weekend,while Bayern and Barca stay put after collecting comfortable wins. Man U and Ajax cap off the top ten.

Teams worth Mentioning :
Feyenoord deserved to be given a word or two after some impressive league performances and a Champions League draw with Italian Champions Juventus. Malaga have also proved themselves to be a good team and of course there is Inter.

Big Disappointments :
The only team that really comes to mind is Roma. The Giallorossi are without a point in their 1st 3 competitive matches of the season.

Minnows on the Move :
Piacenza are looking rather impressive in Serie A,notching up 2 wins out of 2 games.

In-form Players :
Del Piero,Inzaghi and Makaay top my list of in-form players

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by DP's_Apprentice ] ++
How can Juve be at number 2 in the world? Easily... Look at our performances of late compared to other teams. We are Lo Scudetto and Supercup holders,and have been near perfect in out first two league games. We also got a more than deserved draw against Uefa Cup holders Feyenoord.
as I said before, we were basing lists on different time scales. I wrongly assumed that your (and others) list was based on, say the last couple of years and not the past few weeks.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Oh,ok,I see..Now I know what you're getting at. In the past few years Juve were nothing near to number 2 in the world,I must admit.

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
here comes my list :

1- Real Madrid .
2- Juventus.
3- Arsenal.
4- Bayren .

----------------------------> this gap because no team else deserve to be naer those 4 in the ranking

5-Valencia.
6- Liverpool.
7- Inter-milan.
8-man u.
9- Ac milan
10- Barca

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I am sorry but no Italian team deserves to be in the top 5 at the moment and Mna united visitor , what are you talking about, Real Madrid won the league 2 seasons ago, won the cl the season before and after that and to call the Cl a cup competition is devaluing the comp, its not the Fa cup or Uefa cup, it is the yardstick for all gr8 clubs

Majed Real Madrid are not playing to their full potential yet, are you telling me if ZZ,Raul, Ronaldo, Figo and Carlos are on form there is anybody that can live with them?

Forget about Milan their defence is not that good, its just Nesta and probably Maldini, the midfield, well, it has Gattusso and that rules it out for me

Dpa, you call players on form and Luis Enrique is not there and i am sure there are loads of players like Zola, or Inamoto, who are flying but its difficult to be objective and subjective, if you do not follow every league in the world

Top 10 teams in the world and somehow AC Milan is there, based on what exactly, coming 4th in the league or for having an impressive squad on paper

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by DP's_Apprentice ] ++

Summary :
Real and Juve are still the top 2 teams in my top ten thanks to their comfortable league wins.
They beat teams they are expected to beat so whats the big deal in that, actually Juve drawing at Feyernoord and real madrid beating Roma are their best achievements .
Arsenal go down to number 5 after a disappointing win over the weekend
,I fail to see how collecting 3 points is disappointing, it is not as if its a cup competiton and an away goal was
Teams worth Mentioning :
Feyenoord deserved to be given a word or two after some impressive league performances and a Champions League draw with Italian Champions Juventus
With Juve's appalling away record in Europe, i do not see how Feyernoord should be praised for drawing at home. Fulham, Piacenza, Arsenal, Real betis , Real socieldad deserve to be mentioned

]

Platinì

Sep 23, 2002
IMO there are 3 teams who are favorite to conquer the CL this year:
Juve, Real and Milan.
Of course there could be some out-siders, but I am strongly positive for juve, we didn't get any new stars (Di Vaio apart), but differently from last season we finally have a great bench this year. Finally Moggi has learned from the previous years :thumb:

Aug 30, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
I am sorry but no Italian team deserves to be in the top 5 at the moment and Mna united visitor , what are you talking about, Real Madrid won the league 2 seasons ago, won the cl the season before and after that and to call the Cl a cup competition is devaluing the comp, its not the Fa cup or Uefa cup, it is the yardstick for all gr8 clubs
If that's devaluing the competition do you think the old style European CUP was a devalued competition.
Again, to emphasize my point, since 1990 Real won the league 3 times:

1994/95
1996/97
2000/01

They recently won the Champs League these years:

97/98
99/00
01/02

As you can see, on none of those years did they win their league.
Make of it what you will.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
You were the one who called Real Madrid a cup side, and that was why i said calling Cl a cup competition is not doing it justice and devaluing it. Not sure what you mean by the old European Cup

But to answer your query, do u think its easy to win the cl and league in the same season and plz do not mention Man united as they had one the league about 7 or 8 times but got to Cl final once in that period

Juventus never won the league and Cl, the same season, got to the final 3 times though

Milan did it once as well and so you can see it aint easy

Aug 30, 2002
The point is, to bring reality and proportion to the whole Real Madrid thing. Lets see what this team does, then we can have a song and dance or whatever.

I agree it certainly isn't easy to win both. It certainly isn't easy to do the treble a la manutd! or win the leugue as many times as they did. Just think about that for a moment... winning the league seven times in ten years in a top league is a massive achievement and not to be taken lightly.

Ask Liverpool, or Inter what they would rather win, the league or Champs League. I think both are equally important but depends what is of priority at different times. However Real seem to have the idea that only winning the Champs league is of importance. League domination is also crucial...

Do you think that Milan didn't try to dominate the league during their day?

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
If you took Manchester united to the La liga, i can assure you without any fear whatsoever that they will not win that particular league and i dop believe that Real Madrid with thier players will dominate Epl

Its not that Real Madrid think Cl is more important , its just they do not have the likes of Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea handing over the league year in year out

Why do you think that Man united are finding it difficult of late, its not because they are any worse off, its just that Liverpool and more especially Arsenal have steeped up their level of consistency

Why do you think most ppl on here do not respect the Epl. Look at Arsenal, they are now invincible in Epl but in Europe they still lose to a third rate Juve side and Depor at home

Milan did dominate the league and so did Barcelona dominate the La liga

As for Liverpool and Inter, they have won neither so either will be excellent to them but i suspect to win your league is the greatest feeling.

If you want to know how strong La liga really is watch the games and you will know

Real Madrid, barcelona, Valencia, Deportivo, Real Betis and Celta Vigo, on their day are fantastic while Malaga, Athletico Madrid and Real Soceildad are okay sides

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)