Top movies or films you really MUST see (11 Viewers)

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
In Bruges
The Big Lebowski
O Brother Where Art Thou
Godfather I & II
American Beauty
Donnie Darko (these two get a bad rap, and i joined in with ripping on them because i hadn't seen them in such a long time. When i watched them again I realised i had forgotten just how powerful the performances by Jake Gyllenhaal & Wes Bentley are, coupled to the amazing direction/writing by Sam Mendes & Richard Kelly. They really are two of the most important films of the past 15 years).
Fargo
Cold Mountain (I am a sucker for civil war stories and bluesgrass and anything by Anthony Minghella)
Irreversible (I love Gaspar Noe)
Happiness (if you are into nihilism)

I could list stuff for hours....

a7med

Sep 26, 2011
1- The Godfather I & II
2- Inside Man
3- The Count of Monte Cristo
4- The Town
5- The Rock
6- Law Abiding Citizen
7- Blow
8- Scarface
9- The Usual Suspects
10- American History X / Inception

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Well, you mentioned Cold Mountain, so that takes away your right to laugh at others :D

Then again, he mentioned Law Abiding Citizen as well, so someone should definitely set him straight.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
In no particular order:

Forrest Gump
Heat
Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction
God Father 1
God Father 2
City of God
Gladiator
Once upon a time in America
Scarface

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
Well, you mentioned Cold Mountain, so that takes away your right to laugh at others :D

Then again, he mentioned Law Abiding Citizen as well, so someone should definitely set him straight.
I love US civil war era history and Bluesgrass, I love Brendan Gleeson & Anthony Minghella is a brilliant director. The music alone puts it in that list for me.

I've read the novel and it is arse.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Kinda sad only two mentionned Lawrence of Arabia, or for that matter very few mentions of non american films, or films before 90s to 80s.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
It's called Hollywood.

I do like that movie with the Nazis and that funny looking Italian guy who's a jew. I totally forget what it's called, it's been years since I haven't seen it. Great movie though, must watch for everyone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)