Top movies or films you really MUST see (24 Viewers)

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Catch Me If You Can
Fight Club
Blow
Il Bisbetico Domato
Goodfellas
Ocean's 12

These I can watch over and over. From the middle, from the end, doesn't matter, just a scene or two, don't matter to me. Love 'em.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
The one where I think, "I want to watch Dr Strangelove again". ;)

A few times, I've started watching it and just turned it off, impatient or something. I don't know - I'm not usually like that with films.
But that's the point of the thread isn't it? Or actually that's always the point in watching a movie you've seen before, you get in the mood of watching that particular movie. I said Dr. Strangelove because one day one time you get in the mood of watching it again.

Andries, yes that's a great quote, it is actually full of great quotes.

"Here? In the war room? He'll see the big screen"

Marko

GhostDog
May 1, 2006
Escape From New York, Ghost Dog - The Way Of Samurai, Goodfellas, Reservoir Dogs, Radio Days, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, Paris-Texas, Scarface, The Seventh Seal, Usual Suspects,...

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Thread moved.

They're just different enough that I'd let it go. There are movies I adore which I don't watch much - The Usual Suspects is not the same film on second viewing. It's still great, but there isn't that suspense; the big reveal doesn't have the same impact.

I think the film I've watched most is Alien. It's a wonderful horror movie - a genre I don't much care for usually. It builds tension slowly and releases it very well. It's such a shame that the most recent Alien films have been such dogs.
in all fairness Cameron's Aliens was excellent. much faster paced than the original but an excellent action flick, though not as tense as the first there was a real feeling of claustrophobia in the second that none of the otehrs matched

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
in all fairness Cameron's Aliens was excellent. much faster paced than the original but an excellent action flick, though not as tense as the first there was a real feeling of claustrophobia in the second that none of the otehrs matched
I don't disagree. It's very different from Scott's Alien, but excellent in its own right. I was thinking more of the recent AVP rubbish, and (to a lesser extent) the third & 4th films, both pretty poor.

Gino

The Funky Homosapien
Jun 6, 2003
boys in the hood
sleepers
ipman
killbill
menace 2 society

its not a top5 and not the only 5

does any 1 likes TEKKONKINKREET??? i stil have to meet 1 who loves this movie. i have seen this over 20times its like watching art its a jap anime movie about 2 orphans who live in a crazy amazing awsome town. the music is dreamy and many people i know think its weird and stupid movie but i love it and my gf too . i am wondering if there is some1 on juventuz who likes this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)