Top 10 list of Juve players you hated most. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by tarmpropp ] ++

i think it's more that he has done nothing right.
Wouldn't agree with you there... He doesn't play that much, and I've only seen him in the first Coppa match against Reggina. He did good in that match, and made a wonderful pass to Zalayeta who scored.

It's his first season at Juve... it's to early to hate the guy! Wouldn't you agree. Give him a chance!

Buy on AliExpress.com

juventusi

Jul 22, 2002
1-platt
2-birindelli
3-rush
4-kohler
5-rueter
6-henry
7-sousa
8-zidane(the reason is because he was spectator in CL finals 97&98 while he scores the winning goal for RM last year)
9-dino baggio
10-vieri

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++
Erik,
Firstly, I am sorry for writing the Van der SAR's name wrong.;)
Hey, that's alright. I just don't understand why even the Italian press does it wrong ;)

Secondly, he was a outstanding goalie for Ajax but I think by the time he came to Juve his best time was gone. I had surge of impulse which was on the verge of killing him when he made that fumble against Lazio and his misparry against Roma which led to Montella's goal. His mistake against Udinese also drives me to nuts. Also I always got a scare whenever Van der Sar was about to kick the ball. Most of time, it went out of touchline.
On the end of day, he wasn't that bad, but goalkeeper is a cruel position. If you are striker people expect you to score one out three and maybe one out two if you are a good one. But if you make a mistake as a goalkeeper then you are screwed. People will remember you on the mistake more than the good things you have done. That is just life.:sigh:.
I could not have said that better myself! Goalkeeping is a dirty job but someone's got to do it!

P.S. World Cup didn't really miss the dutch that much.;)
To be honest, I have to admit as a Japanese this World Cup was not the greatest in the world. Refereeing mistakes, to low quality football in the knock out stages and ticketing farce, many aspects of the tournament could have been improved. :fero:
Most of all, the tournament missed Italia, Netherlands, Argentinians, French, Portuguese at their best. And hence why we didn't get any really memorable game in the knock out stages.
On to Germany 2006 where the Dutch will seek revenge on their Eastern-neighbours for 1974!! :fero:

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by steveivy ] ++
why u hate Zibane?:confused:
because he never played like he did for france at Juve, then he demanded to be transfered to Madrid, and that is a betrayal.

OP
Jun-hide

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #50
    ++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

because he never played like he did for france at Juve, then he demanded to be transfered to Madrid, and that is a betrayal.
    I think it was more to do with his spanish wife than himself.;
    However, I do agree with you that Zidane saved his best game for France rather than Juve. He was also too incosistent for my liking. That is why he isn't my present or past Juve player.

Jul 12, 2002
    Who cares what nationality his wife is? I don't. He played for Juve, Juve made him and he betrayed Juve. Wife or no wife, I hate him for that.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    I understand people not liking zz as he was lazy and never gave his best for juve....
    but a traitor.....Pleeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzz

What nonsense!

nina

Feb 18, 2001
    Pretending that nothing is going on and leaving on holidays and even stating that he's staying at Juve and then all of a suddon packing and leaving to Madrid (where he will finally be able to win the CL) without saying goodbye to the fans ... well that pretty much makes him a traitor.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    It does, like Ronaldo only the latter cashed in more and did even less.

Especially the reason ZZ gave for leaving (I feel I have better chances of winning the CL at Real) annoys me! Even if that's true, you don't say that to your former fans!

OP
    Jun-hide

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #56
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    It does, like Ronaldo only the latter cashed in more and did even less.
    Actually, I am think one these days that Real took him out of our hands. ;)
    I don't think Fiorentino Perez anticipated that the market would cool just a year after he paid $75M for Zizou. I think under current financial climate he would be lucky to pick up half the money he paid us!:D

Besides, we had a succesful time with each other, so I have no grudge against Zizou. I admit he wasn't consistent as we would have liked him to be, but there were at times Zizou put some incredible performances for the team. The demolition of Ajax in 96-97champions league comes to my mind.
    Nevertheless, I don't wish him the best of luck since he is at Real.;)

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    he'd have been a traitor if he'd waited around saying he would sign a new contract, then left on a free

as it was, we got £50 million, so I for one am very grateful to him for that

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++
    7. Rush (A former forward, before he came to Juve)
    Jus out of interest... why do you dislike rush.
    He was a great striker who it jus happens didnt suit serie a football.
    He was a top sportsman who didnt whinge or moan, tried his hardest, accepted it didnt work and left

It Happens.. not everyones suited to every league

OP
    Jun-hide

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #59
    ++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++

Jus out of interest... why do you dislike rush.
    He was a great striker who it jus happens didnt suit serie a football.
    He was a top sportsman who didnt whinge or moan, tried his hardest, accepted it didnt work and left

It Happens.. not everyones suited to every league
    I don't hate him as a person but as a professional player I think he sucked, at least for Juve. Same applies for Van der Sar (I think I got his name correctly this time.:D), and other players that I have mentioned above. Good players for their previous clubs but just didn't perform at Juve. As a Juve fan, only thing that matters is their performance for Juve.:).
    Also, I don't like Rush's game. He is too much one dimensional, just like Pippo. He thrives on those 5-yard pokers. The difference between Pippo and Rush is that the former scored the goals and latter didn't. Furthermore, Rush played in the dark days of English football. The quality in the Serie A was considerably higher in Italy, and I think the reason why Rush couldn't adapt was not only a cultural difference but also a talent. It is a lot harder to score those 5yard pokers when you have 4defenders in a box with a man-man marker on you as they do in Italy.

OP
    Jun-hide

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #60
    BTW, I totally agree that he was a first class professional.
    I got a impression that he had a nice personality. Also, I liked his mustache.:).
    Does he still have one?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)