Top 10 Greatest Ever Footballers (2 Viewers)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I don't have a top 10 per se. I thought long & hard about this & decided on something that doesn't exist any more...what was once called a "Serie A 11." In those days, international "challenge" matches between teams comprised of national & non national players from the leagues of competing countries took place. I purposely chose players (with 1 exception) from no further back than1990 (when sadly these games came to an end) so that at least some of you would actually remember the players as being more than just names...& note also the typically older Italian formation, 1-3-3-1-2!

Gigi Buffon (GK) Franco Baresi (Sweeper) Javier Zanetti (RB) Jurgen Kohler (Stopper) Paolo Maldini (LB) Dejan Savicevic (RMF) Giuseppe Giannini (CMF) Roberto Donadoni (LW) Diego Maradona (Forward) Paolo Rossi (Forward) Gabriel Batistuta (Forward)

Subs: Walter Zenga (GK) Beppe Bergomi (Def) Ricardo Ferri (Def) Enzo Francescoli (MF) Roby Baggio (F)
May I enquire as to why you have Donadoni on the left and Savicevic on the right? why you do not have Marco Van Basten, Gullitt or Rikjard in your team or bench? Francescolli was a fine player but not in serieA for eithe Cagliari or Torino, he was more noted for River Plate and his country. No Careca, Mattheus, Klinsmann or Brehme either but you have Ferri and bergomi? To be fair its almost impossible to have a serieA finest since 1990 and not leave out a great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)