Top 10 Greatest Ever Footballers (1 Viewer)

Carlo D

The Jazz Man
May 27, 2007
I don't have a top 10 per se. I thought long & hard about this & decided on something that doesn't exist any more...what was once called a "Serie A 11." In those days, international "challenge" matches between teams comprised of national & non national players from the leagues of competing countries took place. I purposely chose players (with 1 exception) from no further back than1990 (when sadly these games came to an end) so that at least some of you would actually remember the players as being more than just names...& note also the typically older Italian formation, 1-3-3-1-2!

Gigi Buffon (GK) Franco Baresi (Sweeper) Javier Zanetti (RB) Jurgen Kohler (Stopper) Paolo Maldini (LB) Dejan Savicevic (RMF) Giuseppe Giannini (CMF) Roberto Donadoni (LW) Diego Maradona (Forward) Paolo Rossi (Forward) Gabriel Batistuta (Forward)

Subs: Walter Zenga (GK) Beppe Bergomi (Def) Ricardo Ferri (Def) Enzo Francescoli (MF) Roby Baggio (F)

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
ßömßäяdîëя;1406786 said:
Everything in bold states to your knowledge.

What about Scirea? What about Baresi?

No Zidane? No Mueller? No Di Stefano? No Puskas?
Read my post well before you talk, Zidane is in there.
And read what I said in the begining. I've been watching club football religiously since 1998 and Int'l football since 1994.

From what I have seen that is my list. Di Stefano? Puskas? I'm not gonna pretend I know shit about football after just basing my opinions on what other people have said. I'm sure u were a huge Di Stefano follower back in his day.
You're not happy with Batistuta being on the list??? Shows how much you know. I've based my list on the last decade and the very few documentaries I've seen and Bati has been one of the players who have stood out.

Jun 13, 2007
i don't understand how people can list pele as one of the best players , how many of us has actually seen pele play livce or on t.v a full 90 minutes .
i can only judge a player after ive seen many games ( 90 mins ) for him and not after a preview of some of his greatest goals .

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
i don't understand how people can list pele as one of the best players , how many of us has actually seen pele play livce or on t.v a full 90 minutes .
i can only judge a player after ive seen many games ( 90 mins ) for him and not after a preview of some of his greatest goals .
Why would one need to see 90 mins to rate a player? No player is one the ball all the time. There are 21 othere players as well. The videos of these players are enough to suggest how good they are.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
the fact he never played in europe just says it all for me, its like rating riquelme as one of the best players of all time because he did well everywhere else but in europe

Jun 13, 2007
Why would one need to see 90 mins to rate a player? No player is one the ball all the time. There are 21 othere players as well. The videos of these players are enough to suggest how good they are.
here's where your wrong , the videos just show the best goals of the player . maybe the best assists too and can be compiled in 4 mins .

now here's an example : who would know more about del piero's ability someone who has seen some of his compilations and best goals , or a lifelong fan that has seen almost every game he played ?

see , you have only seen pele sumarized , but have you seen his flaws ? do you know for sure that he's a team player ? ..etc

thats why you need to see many games to rate a player .

Jun 13, 2007
the fact he never played in europe just says it all for me, its like rating riquelme as one of the best players of all time because he did well everywhere else but in europe
Also very true since europe and south america have completely different standards , an everage player in europe might be considered as a great player in south america .

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Also very true since europe and south america have completely different standards , an everage player in europe might be considered as a great player in south america .
thats why for me maradona and pele shouldnt even be closely compared because maradona has performed everywhere he has been, the fact that he turned napoli around speaks for itself, people moan about his hand of god or his drug addiction or his weight problem, but its a damn sight better still than advertising errection problems like pele does these days

Jun 13, 2007
thats why for me maradona and pele shouldnt even be closely compared because maradona has performed everywhere he has been, the fact that he turned napoli around speaks for itself, people moan about his hand of god or his drug addiction or his weight problem, but its a damn sight better still than advertising errection problems like pele does these days
:rofl2: i know id rather be maradona than pele

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)