Top 10 Greatest Ever Footballers (1 Viewer)

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
D.Midfielders

1.Johannes Neeskens :strong:

2.Pavel Nedved

3.Edgar Davids

4.Jari Litmanen

5.Tomas Rosicky

6.Kazimierz Deyna

7.Matthias Sammer

8.Robert Pires

9.Zinedine Zidane

10. ?

And for the striker that was missing ... maybe Lato ?! :)

Jul 19, 2003
I'm not a football history whiz, so this is a genuine question. Has anyone of u guys ever seen a player of the type of Zidane? I mean in all the plyrs I've seen ever, I've never seen one that does more walking with the ball than actually running. In spite of that, it looks like dribbling the opponents is child's play for him. It must be pretty frustrating playing against a guy like him.

I'm really awaiting an answer to this. :)

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++
I'm not a football history whiz, so this is a genuine question. Has anyone of u guys ever seen a player of the type of Zidane? I mean in all the plyrs I've seen ever, I've never seen one that does more walking with the ball than actually running. In spite of that, it looks like dribbling the opponents is child's play for him. It must be pretty frustrating playing against a guy like him.

I'm really awaiting an answer to this. :)
Maradona ?! :D

(PS : I don't like Chivu and I'll never do, despite he's Romanian. See my favourite Romanian players list on the What does your name mean thread and see that he's not listed )

Cheers

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
Wow, a thread about the greatest footballers ever... and Michael Laudrup hasn't been mentioned even once...

ARE YOU ALL ON CRACK!?

Just to make up for the mess you have made between us and the football gods...

1. Michael Laudrup
2. Michael Laudrup
3. Michael Laudrup
4. Michael Laudrup
5. Michael Laudrup
6. Michael Laudrup
7. Michael Laudrup
8. Michael Laudrup
9. Michael Laudrup
10. Michael Laudrup

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Kaliman ] ++
Wow, a thread about the greatest footballers ever... and Michael Laudrup hasn't been mentioned even once...
I prefer Tøfting ;)

I think it's too hard to make a list like this, I just can't decide.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
Me neither, but leaving out Laudrup is just wack IMO.
Yeah, but you're biased as **** :D

No, Laudrup is certainly up there, but IMO he's not a must in someones list, only a few players are that good.

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
Laudrup is probably the most underrated footballer ever. I'm not just saying this cuz I'm danish. This dude was really awesome, but he never got any credit - like one of the big awards or whatever.

Jul 19, 2003
++ [ originally posted by BloodOnMoral ] ++

Maradona ?! :D

(PS : I don't like Chivu and I'll never do, despite he's Romanian. See my favourite Romanian players list on the What does your name mean thread and see that he's not listed )

Cheers
Why not? Does it have to do with his attitude or something? I never heard him speak or read anything that he said so I wouldn't know, but in terms of football, he's a very good defender IMO.

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
Kalle - same as ever, I missed your opinons, I like that top ten, why don't you include his brother in too ;) ?

Mohamed - Well, yes, it's more about the man that the footballer that I don't like. Hope you're satisfied now :D

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002

ARE YOU ALL ON CRACK!?

Just to make up for the mess you have made between us and the football gods...

1. Michael Laudrup
2. Michael Laudrup
3. Michael Laudrup
4. Michael Laudrup
5. Michael Laudrup
6. Michael Laudrup
7. Michael Laudrup
8. Michael Laudrup
9. Michael Laudrup
10. Michael Laudrup
Obviously:rolleyes::D;),

Anyway, I agree kal that Laudrup brothers were extremely underrated. They were born technicians, and model pros.
Not many can boast the title of the best stranieri in la liga. However, for me, he didn't do enough in Serie A back then the holy temple of soccer to merit top 10 the world has ever seen.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Anyway, I'll make my list from the players that I have seen.

1) Maradona
2) Baggio
3) Maldini
4) Baresi
5) Van Basten
6) Matauss (I can write his name)
7) Zizou
8) Batisuta
9) Raul
10) Giannini

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
in no particular order:

Johan Cruyff
Diego Maradona
Pele
Michele Platini
Paolo Rossi
Roberto Baggio
Lev Yashin
Franz Beckenbauer
Marco Van Basten
Zico/Garrincha/Maldini

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++
Johan Cruyff
Excellent choice ;). Actually my all-time football hero, even if I'll never understand why he refused to come to his NT in 1978.
Diego Maradona
A true magician, his ball dances will always remain in my mind.
Michele Platini
One of those players who received fame because of just 5 minutes of magic on the field, not working a whole lot.
Paolo Rossi
Agree again. Helped Italy to win the title in 1982, so young, and crashed the world football with a Juve transfer ;)
Lev Yashin
One of the best keepers ever.
Franz Beckenbauer
My father's idol. One of the most offensive defenders I ever saw and a very tough one too (see the Mexic final, I guess)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)