Zambrotta
Ferrara
Legrottagle
Iuliano
Pessotto
Buffon
Chimenti

etc etc...

I know that almost all those players in that list are one of the best in their respective positions but do you think it takes a little away from the team's mentality ?

The only non-Italian big names are Nedved, Trezeguet, Davids and Thuram.

Do you think that Juve are a little too one-dimensional because of this ?

Could than be a hindrance ?

I know that there are restrictions on the number of foreign players in the team but we could definitely get a couple more Non-Italians in my opinion.

Heres why... Lets suppose its a big game and everything Juve try goes wrong and the team needs inspiration from somewhere... for me, when there are 8-9 Italians on the pitch, the game becomes a little predictable when things start to go wrong and a moment of magic from a Brazilian or a Dutch player could give us the spark we need when the odds are against us.

When there are so many players on the same pitch with similar mentalities, i think it becomes a little easier for the opposition as opposed to the unpredictable nature of foreign players.

Also, look at the replacements we are linked with for Thuram, Tudor, Montero etc.... they happen to be Oddo, Ferrari, Bonera etc..

What do you guys think? Do we need some more foreign flair ?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I agree its good to have a lot of Italian players, because the team is more compact and the players uderstand eachother better (not just language wise). Just look at Chelski (pre-Abramovich) who would at times fiel 11 non English players.

But I do also agree with you Ice, it would be good to add a little Brazilian or Argentinian flair to the team.

OP
IceBlu

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
  • Thread Starter #4
    yep. Im not saying that we need a team like Chelski... i just think that maybe 1 or 2 South American players for instance would add another dimension to the team.

I love the fact that we have so many Italians and contribute to the Azzurri as well... its just that i feel maybe a couple of changes would do us good.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    If Juve plans on changing its philosophy, and decides to add more flair at the expense of defense, then yes, it makes sense to add a South American player.

The Brazilians and Argentinians aren't exactly known as defensive stalwarts

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
    Nonsense! The players we have are great, and the foreigners are top-players! Really, it doesn't matter to me, from where they come, if they play good I am happy!

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
    too many Italians is not a bad thing.
    besides, I don't think you can realy generalize all the Italians about having the same mentality. every player is different.
    and there are Italians with flair and Italians without.

too many Italians in an Italian team is not bad at all. it's not like dutch players in Barcelona etc.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    I think it's always best to build a team around a core of homegrown players, guy's who've come through the youth team.

Maybe Juve could use a couple of more flair players, it's by far easier to get them abroad than to wrestle an Italian off a rival team, but to have an Italian base is best - they're less likely to want to move, they've got fewer problems with the language (Totti excepted;)), and they've been raised in the Serie A - an experience not every foreign player can adapt to.

eringi

Jul 15, 2002
    Juve character has always been Italian as compared to Milan who have more flair than us but that's why we are more successfull in Italy and Milan in Europe. I really love the characteristics of Juve as this team of hard knocks and it really pisses of many other people when we win...the Italian tradition is such and why not be the ambassadors

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++
    I agree Eringi but...Too bad the most respected and recognized Italian player of the last 20 years plays for Milan.

To answer the thread..you can never have enough Italians on the team

"too bad"!?!?!?! Is this Incubo, or his one night stand that just happened upon this web site by mistake????

And no, just like you can never have too much pitching in baseball, you can never have too many Italians on a Serie A squad

PS (Dude, I see that you didn't take my advice re: your sig. to heart. Bummer)

Sep 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by USA Juventini ] ++

"too bad"!?!?!?! Is this Incubo, or his one night stand that just happened upon this web site by mistake????

i believe he ment "haha, juventus is all italian team and maldini is milanista"

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
    Nov 16, 2003
    Fliakis: I can finally say "you understood". Sergio ..a bit of sarcasm....and the signature: just trying to prove a point as to what extent people want me out of here. Kind of like putting it in their face.

P.S. I try to stick to Interista's for one night stands. I'll let you figure out why. :D

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Becuase Milanistas are usually fukking over Interistas on the pitch, might as well make it a clean sweep and bring it to the bedroom, too.

Sep 28, 2002
    Fliakis: I can finally say "you understood". Sergio ..a bit of sarcasm....and the signature: just trying to prove a point as to what extent people want me out of here. Kind of like putting it in their face.
    i understand you most of the time. i just disagree with you most of the time as well.

P.S. I try to stick to Interista's for one night stands. I'll let you figure out why. :D
    :howler:

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
    having lots of people from the same country is great-all homegrown, etc, but it does help to have a couple foreigners-and we do have Nedved, Trezeguet, Davids, and Thuram.....but it would be nice to have a South-American player with lots of flair

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    only buffon, legrottaglie, zambrotta, tacchinardi, one of maresca or camoranesi, and one of del piero or miccoli are starters.

nothing wrong with having italian back up.

next season it will change. pessotto, chimenti, ferrara, iuliano, conte will most liekyl not be there anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)