Too many Italians at Juve ? (2 Viewers)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Its a good thing. The fact remains Juventus is Italian. And its very important they be represented as such. Infact it wud be much harder bringing in foreign players and have them adapt the mentality of the club which wud be hard on them. Barca-Dutch players for example. They just dont seem to get it right. A team like Valencia on the other hand gels really well, simply becoz the players adapt easier to the culture of the club. Juve too have just the right balance according to me. They've got important positions on the pitch filled with good foreign players. And that too without getting overcrowded. If we had anymore foreigners coming in, it would affect the balance of the side. Maybe even the mentality of the club to a certain extent. It would just lead to more confusion and indecision. Something a club like Juve doesnt need.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Dec 16, 2003
that is the idea , juve is an italian team and i think it is the team that most italian s are associated with in terms of playing and supporting .just like what liverpool is to english people and real madrid to the spanish.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
Welcome to the forum shinamania :) Real is doing all the best to not be spanish though lately, but who cares anyway ... :D

Too many Italians? :wth: If it was up to me I would have an all Italian Juventus, because Juve=Italy, simple as that. If it's Italian it should be the Italians who promote it. But for obvious reasons (past and present foreign players who helped the team a lot) a bit of other flair and passion for football should be part of it as well :)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++
I agree Eringi but...Too bad the most respected and recognized Italian player of the last 20 years plays for Milan.

To answer the thread..you can never have enough Italians on the team
what do you want??! a cookie?! [/Chris Rock tone and accent]

Stephañho!

Aug 1, 2002
I cherrish this strong national identity. :)

I'd like to add to the ponctual sentimental bounds that tie foreigners to Juventus end up de facto where their financial interest starts. There are other top clubs in other countries equally able to assure their financial future without this move being a step back -hence without it being detrimental to their ego. And there always comes a time where one is eager to discover something new. That's not a bitter critic, just a mere fact. Italians on the other hand are generally more happy and grateful to play for Juventus and are thereby less inclined to stir up problems.

Ciao.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I would love to have an all-italian lineup if it were up to me, but that would only hurt the squad in the long run. The italian talent base, as vast as it is, isn't unlimited.

Sorry, that's my cultural pride shining through. Please don't take offense.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
Baggio
Zoff
Rossi
Vieri
Del Piero
Schillacci
Vialli............

Need I say more ???????

Don't Forget:

Ravanelli
Inzaghi
Ferrara
Scirea
Tardelli
Bettega

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
Not that hard a guess Henry, with the guy's distinctive first name scrawled across the front! :)
What, you never heard of Hristo Smith?

Great fullback for Everton in the mid-70's. :D

OP
IceBlu

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
  • Thread Starter #35
    ++ [ originally posted by USA Juventini ] ++

Don't Forget:

Ravanelli
    Inzaghi
    Ferrara
    Scirea
    Tardelli
    Bettega

and don't forget the greatest of them all .......... PARAMATTI :D:D:D:D

heh

anyway, i'm happy that most, if not all of you feel that Juve are the symbol of Italian football.

Another good purpose this serves is that when they play for the Azzurri, they know each other well and the chemistry they have at Juve stays on for the most part.

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
    Not that hard a guess Henry, with the guy's distinctive first name scrawled across the front! :)
    lol-true, but I couldn't remember if it was Kristo Stoichkov-and I didn't want to embarrass myself-I only first heard of the guy a couple months ago ;)

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    when i play championship manager with Juventus...one of my aims is to have the most player called up by Italian manager.. also to have most player starting... my record is 9 out of 11 ;)

nina

Feb 18, 2001
    Do you guys really think that the presence of "soo many" Italians in our team is preventing us from doing well in European competitions? :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)