Tommaso Rocchi (3 Viewers)

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #62
    Lazio deny Rocchi Juve move

Lazio have denied that striker Tommaso Rocci wants to move to Juventus.

Club president Claudio Lotito made the declaration in response to comments from the player himself that he was "flattered" by any possible interest from the fallen Turin giants.

"Rocchi does not want to play for Juventus," Lotito said. "Anyway, he is not for sale, like most of his team-mates."

Rocchi had said that "the interest of a prestigious club like Juventus flatters me and if an offer should arrive I would consider it, even though I'm fine at Lazio.

"I already knew from Lotito that I am not for sale and I'm pleased with that. I don't want to leave Lazio and we agreed on meeting at the end of the season to decide whether to remain together."

One sticking point, however, could be wages - the player's contract expires in just over two years but he is not entirely happy with his current salary:

"It's fair that a club does have a salary cap, but it's important also to keep the key players and continue to grow.”

Rocchi has scored 13 goals in Serie A this season.

Eurosport

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
    Rocchi open to offers

Lazio star Tommaso Rocchi admits that he is tempted by a summer move, despite President Claudio Lotito insisting he is not for sale.

The Biancoceleste’s 15 goals this season have been decisive for the capital city outfit and have made him a wanted man, with Juventus touted as one possible destination.

“Obviously I must consider the offers I receive, I am honoured by the interest shown in me by such prestigious sides,” said Rocchi after the goalless derby at the Stadio Olimpico on Sunday.

“I am aware that the President says one thing to the Press and a different thing when he speaks to me,” added the striker, who is contracted until June 2009.

“We have agreed to discuss a new deal, we will only reveal the outcome of our meetings at the end. For now I am very happy to be the team’s first-choice striker, I always try to do my best for Lazio.”

Rocchi has made no secret of the fact that the only reason leading him to leave the outfit would be his annual salary, now a measly £510,000.

“I think it is normal for a player to consider carefully offers made by an important and strong club. When a player does well, it is logical that he would like to earn more,” concluded the 29-year-old.

The Biancoceleste grew up in the Juventus youth academy and the Bianconeri might make a move to lure him back to Turin, as they plan to strengthen their squad in view of their return to the top-flight.
    Source: Channel 4

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    Might as well bring back Miccoli :rolleyes:

Enough support strikers...we need Trez's sub and possible replacement.

:pint:

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
    Might as well bring back Miccoli :rolleyes:

Enough support strikers...we need Trez's sub and possible replacement.

:pint:
    I agree, although is Palladino good enough to share time and eventually take over Del Piero's role? Because if he isn't than the need for a support striker becomes greater. I think he is though.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    I agree, although is Palladino good enough to share time and eventually take over Del Piero's role? Because if he isn't than the need for a support striker becomes greater. I think he is though.
    Palladino is definitely good enough.

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    If he doesn't then we'll find one in a year or 2. We have other young players at that position like Paolucci, Maniero but that's in 3-4 years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)