Tommaso Barbieri (1 Viewer)

Jun 16, 2020
If he gets a place in the first team this (or next) season than really credits to everyone involved at the development of players and if so, it kinda shows that they have a different road for each player.

Unlike Miretti, Iling, Soule and Fagioli, Barbieri didn’t feature in any YL game as far as I know, neither for the U19 although he was young enough. Was bought for 2m from Novara beating competition of Atletico, went immediately to the U23 where he definitely struggled behind Di Pardo. And unlike all the other guys, didn’t go back and forward between the U19 and U23 but rather stayed there and gradually improved. Going in his third season at the U23 a loan was probably a very realistic option.

It remains very interesting to follow everything the youth sector is trying. Small side note here that both Mulazzi and Barbieri are used on both sides of the pitch, without a doubt the improve their flexibility.

The sheer volume of good young players we have remains astonishing. Fingers crossed

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
If he gets a place in the first team this (or next) season than really credits to everyone involved at the development of players and if so, it kinda shows that they have a different road for each player.

Unlike Miretti, Iling, Soule and Fagioli, Barbieri didn’t feature in any YL game as far as I know, neither for the U19 although he was young enough. Was bought for 2m from Novara beating competition of Atletico, went immediately to the U23 where he definitely struggled behind Di Pardo. And unlike all the other guys, didn’t go back and forward between the U19 and U23 but rather stayed there and gradually improved. Going in his third season at the U23 a loan was probably a very realistic option.

It remains very interesting to follow everything the youth sector is trying. Small side note here that both Mulazzi and Barbieri are used on both sides of the pitch, without a doubt the improve their flexibility.

The sheer volume of good young players we have remains astonishing. Fingers crossed
I wonder what Barbieri's break through means for Cambiaso. I can't see either one as a starter, so theyre essentially fighting for the same job. The left flank is kinda settled now with Kostic and Iling, so I cant see either being much of an option there.

Jun 16, 2020
I wonder what Barbieri's break through means for Cambiaso. I can't see either one as a starter, so theyre essentially fighting for the same job. The left flank is kinda settled now with Kostic and Iling, so I cant see either being much of an option there.
Cambiaso LB, Kostic/Iling LM, Barbieri RB (and eventually Mulazzi RM).

3 CB’s might be the answer for this season but I think that we’ll eventually invest in a 442

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Cambiaso LB, Kostic/Iling LM, Barbieri RB (and eventually Mulazzi RM).

3 CB’s might be the answer for this season but I think that we’ll eventually invest in a 442
I cant see that happening because that would mean we would realistically have to buy a LB, a RB, and a RM. Barbieri and Cambiaso shouldnt be starting for a club like Juventus. A double pivot also isnt the best utilization of our CM's skillsets outside of Locatelli, and our two best defenders fit better in a 3 man backline as well.

If we stick to a 352, all we really need is a RWB and a LCB.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Ake is noting special. I see him leaving quite soon
hope him starting doesn’t suggest Allegri is still thinking about who to play behind cuadrado. Barbieri has earned that job imo, he’s been good every time he’s gotten a chance. Ake has been meh every time I’ve seen him with the first team.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
hope him starting doesn’t suggest Allegri is still thinking about who to play behind cuadrado. Barbieri has earned that job imo, he’s been good every time he’s gotten a chance. Ake has been meh every time I’ve seen him with the first team.
What about Mulazzi? I thought he was more highly rated than Barbieri.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)