Tokyo 2020 Olympics (5 Viewers)

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
She’s an absolute baby, Naomi Osaka too. And instead of justified criticism, the media and all these progressive imbeciles praise them to high heaven and say it’s all about racism and sexism. Infantilizing entire cultures and races.

Naomi Osaka made like 37 mil last year, but she can’t be arsed to answer a couple tough questions for five minutes after a loss because anxiety and stress. And everyone jumps on the bandwagon that journalists are and tennis orgs are bullying a 23 year old black woman. Lol. No, she can give up her 37 million and go play backyard tennis with her friends and have no pressure or stress. You don’t hear Nadal or Federer or S Williams or anyone else crying about media obligations. Naomi Osaka can talk about how there are so much more important issues in the world than talking to media after a loss, I wonder how she is okay with getting millions in sponsorships while the people who make the clothes, shoes, rackets, etc with her name behind them, make a couple dollars an hour.

these athletes only get paid so much because of the media representation of them to the public. And now they don’t want to have media obligations because it’s too hard on their mental health. Pathetic.
Shhhh maybe Berna follows Simone and quits. Wouldn’t that be sweet?

- - - Updated - - -

Joking aside if you get praised more for quitting than wining then there’s something seriously wrong.

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
She’s an absolute baby, Naomi Osaka too. And instead of justified criticism, the media and all these progressive imbeciles praise them to high heaven and say it’s all about racism and sexism. Infantilizing entire cultures and races.

Naomi Osaka made like 37 mil last year, but she can’t be arsed to answer a couple tough questions for five minutes after a loss because anxiety and stress. And everyone jumps on the bandwagon that journalists and tennis orgs are bullying a 23 year old black woman. Lol. No, she can give up her 37 million and go play backyard tennis with her friends and have no pressure or stress. You don’t hear Nadal or Federer or S Williams or anyone else crying about media obligations. Naomi Osaka can talk all she wants about how there are so much more important issues in the world than talking to media after a loss, but I wonder how she is okay with getting millions in sponsorships while the people who make the clothes, shoes, rackets, etc with her name behind them, make a couple dollars an hour.

These athletes only get paid so much because of the media representation of them to the public. And now they don’t want to have media obligations because it’s too hard on their mental health. Pathetic.
All the money, fame and influence and none of the obligations. Like guilt-free sex without the chance of STDs, pregnancy, feeling used, or just bagging a douchebag.

It does beg the similar question of: if you don't like playing the social media game, then why dafuq are you posting your ass on Instagram all the time?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
A few more gold medals makes almost no difference to her, she has so many, and legendary status in her field. Being a speaker for another issue or issues is probably worth far more prestige (and dare I say it, money) than just being a great gymnast.

I'm not completely cold to how difficult it must be to work in pressure moments in sport, but at the end of the day there are people working under real life pressure to survive in jobs who don't have millions to fall back on. And besides, these pressure moments have not suddenly appeared in sports. They were there when she won and they will be there in future. People bottle it, they lose, and they try again. That's just sport.
The pressure part is nonsense. These athletes have known pressure their entire lives and having won as many gold medals as she did, no one is even going to think of criticizing her for not making it this time. Apart from that it's usually the athletes who put the pressure on themselves.

That being said I also read that she made a couple mistakes in training and got a twist wrong during competition as well. Quite a few gymnasts have pointed out just how dangerous these mistakes can be. If Biles does not feel at ease performing these movements, I think withdrawing from the competition is a very smart decision.

But it has little to nothing to do with mental health.

- - - Updated - - -

Naomi Osaka made like 37 mil last year, but she can’t be arsed to answer a couple tough questions for five minutes after a loss because anxiety and stress. And everyone jumps on the bandwagon that journalists and tennis orgs are bullying a 23 year old black woman. Lol. No, she can give up her 37 million and go play backyard tennis with her friends and have no pressure or stress. You don’t hear Nadal or Federer or S Williams or anyone else crying about media obligations. Naomi Osaka can talk all she wants about how there are so much more important issues in the world than talking to media after a loss, but I wonder how she is okay with getting millions in sponsorships while the people who make the clothes, shoes, rackets, etc with her name behind them, make a couple dollars an hour.

These athletes only get paid so much because of the media representation of them to the public. And now they don’t want to have media obligations because it’s too hard on their mental health. Pathetic.
Naomi Osaka is different.

She's just a bullshit person right now and has a lot of growing up to do.

OP
ALC

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
  • Thread Starter #125
    I think it was a smart move by Simone. She looked injured and is now using that to make herself a spokesperson for mental health and we all know people love that sort of thing nowadays and being in touch with feelings and all that. Now she can make a career out of this, write a book, have a show, hold speeches, etc etc etc and people will gobble it up.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    I think it was a smart move by Simone. She looked injured and is now using that to make herself a spokesperson for mental health and we all know people love that sort of thing nowadays and being in touch with feelings and all that. Now she can make a career out of this, write a book, have a show, hold speeches, etc etc etc and people will gobble it up.
    But it's not about mental health.

If you choose not to participate in a competition because you're afraid of getting hurt, that is a mentally very healthy thing to do. It's not as if she developed agoraphobia over night. She's competing on an Olympic level in a sport that has effectively crippled people in the past. With all those medals she has it's simply smart to stop taking the risk, especially if you don't feel safe doing it.

OP
    ALC

ALC

Ohaulick
    Oct 28, 2010
  • Thread Starter #127

If you choose not to participate in a competition because you're afraid of getting hurt, that is a mentally very healthy thing to do. It's not as if she developed agoraphobia over night. She's competing on an Olympic level in a sport that has effectively crippled people in the past. With all those medals she has it's simply smart to stop taking the risk, especially if you don't feel safe doing it.
    i agree, it can be mentally tasking but whatever it is, the way she’s working it is smart was my point.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    She's going to need a viable career after being washed up as a gymnast before age 25. Even heroin-addicted hookers have a much longer shelf-life than that profession.

Last edited:

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005

That other girl dominated that all around so maybe it was just time to pass the torch

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    That other girl dominated that all around so maybe it was just time to pass the torch
    Maybe she grew tired of gymnastics, trained slightly less motivated and lost her edge. It's perfectly okay to decide she doesn't want to do it anymore.

And if she didn't feel safe, she made the right call.

But making her a hero over this is a bit much. In the end she could have ended things much sooner, but she let it come to a point where she didn't deliver for the sponsors and the fans that had banked on her. And yes, it happens. But you can't complain about pressure and get paid millions at the same time.

We would do well though to see these athletes for what they are: children.

Let's not make them bigger than they are, let's not demonize them.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
    Maybe she grew tired of gymnastics, trained slightly less motivated and lost her edge. It's perfectly okay to decide she doesn't want to do it anymore.
    Irresponsible, disrespectful and disgraceful to decide this in the middle of an Olympic Team Final that a hundred people in her staff let alone her mates worked towards for 5 years. It's almost as if her environment had been telling her that she was a little Kweeen who could do no wrong.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    Calma, now you can get a map of which states support Simone the most.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/map-shows-states-most-support-121125723.html
    Oh my god I have a little anxiety from time to time i'm a mental health survivor!

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Irresponsible, disrespectful and disgraceful to decide this in the middle of an Olympic Team Final that a hundred people in her staff let alone her mates worked towards for 5 years. It's almost as if her environment had been telling her that she was a little Kweeen who could do no wrong.
    Go Queeeeeeeeen*

*for lgor not Simone

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Which is why I said all those other things in the post you quoted.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    I can only imagine telling some customer that we are building a multi-million dollar home ( @DAiDEViL is a shack, I know) for, that we’re too stressed out and anxious about the deadline so we’re taking a mental health break and their home has to be delayed until we feel better. We’d get fired immediately, and possibly sued. :lol2:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)