Timothy Weah (4 Viewers)

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #303
    Why didn’t we get Thuram instead of him?
    ... because they don't play the same position?

That's like saying why didn't we get Angelino instead of Alcaraz.

- - - Updated - - -

Amazing how active this thread is but other players that have failed for years and still start the criticism is near silent lol
    Locatelli, Rabiot, Sandro, Gatti, Kostic, Cambiaso, Milik, et cetera.... all failures who keep playing and don't get criticized nearly as much.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Amazing how active this thread is but other players that have failed for years and still start the criticism is near silent lol
    It only has 300 posts, with over half of them from June, July and August, predating his debut for us.
    Considering his performances, there's merit in either locking or deleting the entire thread. His goal in the 6:1 win vs Salernitana aside, Weah stands out as one of the most ineffective and uninspired players we've had in the past decade and beyond. While he may not be as much of a liability as Alex Sandro, he contributes virtually nothing.

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
    ... because they don't play the same position?

That's like saying why didn't we get Angelino instead of Alcaraz.

- - - Updated - - -

Locatelli, Rabiot, Sandro, Gatti, Kostic, Cambiaso, Milik, et cetera.... all failures who keep playing and don't get criticized nearly as much.
    Weah hasn’t been good, as an American I am biased and hope he would be a good addition. But Locatelli has been so bad for years, to be honest the most memorable moment I have of him in a Juve shirt is when he scored a disallowed goal against Roma. And of course his terrorist attacks blasting balls into the stands. His most memorable moment in an Italy shirt was hitting Barella.

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    Weah hasn’t been good, as an American I am biased and hope he would be a good addition. But Locatelli has been so bad for years, to be honest the most memorable moment I have of him in a Juve shirt is when he scored a disallowed goal against Roma. And of course his terrorist attacks blasting balls into the stands. His most memorable moment in an Italy shirt was hitting Barella.
    Which is my point - ok Weah isn't great. Big deal. Their are worse performers underperforming for longer AND making more that continue to start and plague this team…but overall silence in those threads…

…but OMFG Weah/McKennie (PBUH).

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #311
    Our biggest Summer signing. What a flop
    Technically, our biggest summer signing was Locatelli. We paid 35M to secure him this year. He's like one of the biggest flops in Europe, if he cost any more he would be Arthur 2.0.

I would gladly swap Weah Jr for Lilian Thuram.
    Why, just so he could go play for one of our biggest rivals?

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    Weah: not a starter, underperforming while the team has been sliding

Locatelli, Gatti, Kostic: Starters, 1 is a serial underperformer, the other should never be in any Jj squad, the other is only as good as his markers direct level of intellect on how to defend him, all whlie the team has been sliding but what’s more interesting this all stands before the FEB 2024 slide

But yeah Weah is a problem. Not the others.

Jun 16, 2020
    It only has 300 posts, with over half of them from June, July and August, predating his debut for us.
    Considering his performances, there's merit in either locking or deleting the entire thread. His goal in the 6:1 win vs Salernitana aside, Weah stands out as one of the most ineffective and uninspired players we've had in the past decade and beyond. While he may not be as much of a liability as Alex Sandro, he contributes virtually nothing.
    Yeah he looks very out of place, have been saying it for a while now

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    Technically, our biggest summer signing was Locatelli. We paid 35M to secure him this year. He's like one of the biggest flops in Europe, if he cost any more he would be Arthur 2.0.

Why, just so he could go play for one of our biggest rivals?
    I have trust in locatelli, there's a player in him still, Weah though, ive never understood what was so special about him, I remember watching him vs England at Wembley and he looked awful then, he's only living off his dad's name and legacy.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    I expect far more from Loca. Weah cost €11m, that generally doesn't buy you an awful lot, he's a fringe/squad player. Loca has overall been a waste.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Locatelli being terrible has nothing to do with Weah being terrible. Don't fall for the dumb excuse the Americans are trying to sell you.
    This guy has no talent for football. He's the most boring and useless player I've seen in a long long time.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
    Thought it was funny when a cross field pass was played to him, he stood back and applauded the pass instead of challenging for it and the Verona player won the ball. Sums up his career here, so passive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)