Timothy Weah (11 Viewers)

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Poor game.

He really frustrates me because he has a good touch and decent speed. But he seems happy to coast through a game more often than not and just run inside and pass it backwards. There is no reason why he shouldn't take on his opposite marker, hit the byline and put crosses in. I'd hoped his excellent goal would have given him a boost to kick on but it was pretty much the same performance as we have seen so far from him.

Oct 23, 2011
Poor game.

He really frustrates me because he has a good touch and decent speed. But he seems happy to coast through a game more often than not and just run inside and pass it backwards. There is no reason why he shouldn't take on his opposite marker, hit the byline and put crosses in. I'd hoped his excellent goal would have given him a boost to kick on but it was pretty much the same performance as we have seen so far from him.
He is just a very average player no need to overanalyze.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Poor game.

Weston tries really hard to involve his American brother in the game but Weah has other ideas.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Poor game.

this seems more like tactics no?

Boksic

May 11, 2005
this seems more like tactics no?
I don't think so. Even for Allegri, I doubt he is being told to be that conservative. I'm sure there are times he is told to switch with McKennie and come into midfield but tactically we'd benefit from him stretching the pitch at times by going wide, basically what Cambiaso does in that role.

He just seems so blasé and happy for the game to go past him.

singus

Sep 22, 2020
I don't think so. Even for Allegri, I doubt he is being told to be that conservative. I'm sure there are times he is told to switch with McKennie and come into midfield but tactically we'd benefit from him stretching the pitch at times by going wide, basically what Cambiaso does in that role.

He just seems so blasé and happy for the game to go past him
Right, thats just it then

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
Poor game.

He's instructed to do so we don't encourage that type of play safe option is the first thing on their mind outside of the one playing next to our 9.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
He's instructed to do so we don't encourage that type of play safe option is the first thing on their mind outside of the one playing next to our 9.
I'm not convinced.

Whilst we are conservative, Kostic, illing, McKennie and Cambiaso all make attempts to take players on when playing as wingbacks. It seems odd that we would completely change our tactic for Weah to the detriment of the team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 6)