Timothy Weah (9 Viewers)

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #145
    The cool thing about Weah, apart from being versatile, is that he does have the ability to get into good positions. If we're forced to play 352 all season, I can see him grabbing goals like these.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    The cool thing about Weah, apart from being versatile, is that he does have the ability to get into good positions. If we're forced to play 352 all season, I can see him grabbing goals like these.
    His career statistics suggest otherwise.

I still like that we got him though. He's the kind of player you can't really go wrong with. He's strong, quick, has loads of stamina and can defend. Even if he's not a guaranteed starter, he will feature for us regularly and do well.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #148
    His career statistics suggest otherwise.

I still like that we got him though. He's the kind of player you can't really go wrong with. He's strong, quick, has loads of stamina and can defend. Even if he's not a guaranteed starter, he will feature for us regularly and do well.
    Well, he hasn't played much in a 352. Most of his time with Lille was spent at RB or LB in a back four. For USMNT, we always play with a back four, so Weah was mostly used as a right winger in a front 3. He typically likes to drive to the end line.

Reason why I say he might be able to grab some goals like that is because we will probably have two timbers in Milik and LuLu being marked into oblivion in the box, and with his pace he could sneak into some positions to get on the end of some Kostic crosses. At least that's the hope.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Well, he hasn't played much in a 352. Most of his time with Lille was spent at RB or LB in a back four. For USMNT, we always play with a back four, so Weah was mostly used as a right winger in a front 3. He typically likes to drive to the end line.

Reason why I say he might be able to grab some goals like that is because we will probably have two timbers in Milik and LuLu being marked into oblivion in the box, and with his pace he could sneak into some positions to get on the end of some Kostic crosses. At least that's the hope.
    But even if he doesn't, he has qualities we can use. I think this is a decent transfer to be honest and the first few games confirm as much. Let's hope it plays out well.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
    Hmm maybe Giuntoli pulled his first coup?

We all knew he could run. Didn't know if he has good positional awareness, decision making and technical skills like crossing, shooting, passing.

Lets wait and see

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
    Meanwhile he doesnt stop talking about how much he likes Locatelli. I think he is right and Locatelli is indeed that good. Hope he shows it this season

Boksic

May 11, 2005
    Looked a bit lost in his role today. I'm not sure whether he was meant to come inside like Cambiaso or stay wide, plus caught out defensively.

You can see he has the raw attributes needed, his touch is nice under pressure and is fast. But we need him to pick up the tactics quickly. It's his first competitive game so hopefully will improve as the season goes on.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
    Jul 27, 2015
    Looked a bit lost in his role today. I'm not sure whether he was meant to come inside like Cambiaso or stay wide, plus caught out defensively.

You can see he has the raw attributes needed, his touch is nice under pressure and is fast. But we need him to pick up the tactics quickly. It's his first competitive game so hopefully will improve as the season goes on.
    I also wasn’t very impressed with his debut today but there’s probably still nothing to worry about, think the emotions just got to him, played it either way too safe or straight up rushed it unnecessarily at times which makes me think he will likely need a bit more time to adapt to the league and tactics, whereas i think his instructions were to mirror Cambiaso’s given how many times Weah himself appeared through the center(only that he wasn’t as efficient with the ball or in his positioning), however the skills and attributes required for him to do well in that role are definitely there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)