Timo Werner - SS/ST - Chelsea (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Overly simplistic and unreliable method to compare them.

Last 2 league seasons:
Werner goal/assist every 169 minutes on average
Morata goal/assist every 117 minutes on average

Means very little though.

You aren't comparing guys playing the same opposition, playing in teams with very different tactics, with very different teammates, playing different roles.
Stats are always deceiving, but I think what means for us the most is that we are already exhausted with those Morata transfer, first stint was great, second one was bad for me. Why anyone feels there is a need for anothe try when he is almost 30 yo already. At least Werner brings is something new for us, maybe he will be suprise us, because talent is definitely there.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Would rather Werner than Morata, we know what we’re getting with Morata and it’s nothing special.

Werner’s pace would cause issues for the Serie A defences and if he can tweak his end product he could be a really good player. I think he needs a change of environment as well as Chelsea and the PL are the wrong fit for him.

Loan with an option around 30m - let’s do it.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Stats are always deceiving, but I think what means for us the most is that we are already exhausted with those Morata transfer, first stint was great, second one was bad for me. Why anyone feels there is a need for anothe try when he is almost 30 yo already. At least Werner brings is something new for us, maybe he will be suprise us, because talent is definitely there.
Depends what the deals are. If both on loan for a season at the same price my preference would be Morata. But I can completely understand why people would want a change. I wouldn't want to commit to expensive or permanent deals for either though.

I don't watch a lot of Chelsea or Germany games but I can genuinely say that I have never seen Werner have a good game when I have. I could have been unlucky in the games I've seen and he is much better in the others. But based on what I've seen he was nowhere near creative enough as a winger, not imposing and not a good finisher for a striker.

If it is a loan and he is coming cheap as a backup to Vlahovic (he's got to be better than Kean) and we use our budget elsewhere (LB/LW/CM) then I can see the logic.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Hm I think Werner will struggle here as he needs space, and he was better before Tuchel came in as Chelsea used to play more direct. I can't see Allegri doing any better. Avoid if we can. And Avoid Morata too. We need another solution.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Hm I think Werner will struggle here as he needs space, and he was better before Tuchel came in as Chelsea used to play more direct. I can't see Allegri doing any better. Avoid if we can. And Avoid Morata too. We need another solution.
Bro just look at the best wide players in Serie A and you'll get your answer

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Bro just look at the best wide players in Serie A and you'll get your answer
Werner isn't even purely a wide player, he can play wide as a second striker, like Morata, Muriel, Lautaro, Osimhen can. Probably wouldn't light the league on fire, there are enough better than him, but would be a good loan to see how it goes.

Rockets

Jul 26, 2022
He's not injury prone and his second main position is left winger. For this I'd take him.

If his play style requires space, that's even better. Our left flank is blank, so much space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)