Timo Werner - SS/ST - Chelsea (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Not bad.

I actually think it could happen. Chelsea want to sell/loan, he apparently agreed to terms with us during the De Ligt swap saga thing and we desperately need someone who can play LW and be a vice-Vlahovic.

Chavski would need to pay part of his wages id assume. Isn’t he on something like €12m or something?

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I've only really watched him with Germany but I would take him over Morata, just on the basis of trying something new. Maybe he'll find the Serie A more to his liking ala Cuadrado. If its a loan I dont really see the downside. Seems pretty durable as well.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Not bad.

I actually think it could happen. Chelsea want to sell/loan, he apparently agreed to terms with us during the De Ligt swap saga thing and we desperately need someone who can play LW and be a vice-Vlahovic.

Chavski would need to pay part of his wages id assume. Isn’t he on something like €12m or something?
It think it's 12 m gross isn't it? Any way he fits for growth decree so even 6m would be acceptable

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Much better than most of the players we have been linked lately for LW/CF.

And don't forget that countless great players have failed for Chelsea, from Cuadrado, Salah, De Bruyne to Tammy Abraham lately.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Morty >>>>> this hack

Weiner is a one dimensional shitcunt and pace merchant who can't finish. I have no idea at all how anyone could think this guy would be a good signing for the current team. Maybe, maybe, if we were strictly a counter attacking side

Both of them have had their issues with finishing chances but at least Morty has a strong all around game.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Morty >>>>> this hack

Weiner is a one dimensional shitcunt and pace merchant who can't finish. I have no idea at all how anyone could think this guy would be a good signing for the current team. Maybe, maybe, if we were strictly a counter attacking side

Both of them have had their issues with finishing chances but at least Morty has a strong all around game.
you say "pace merchant" like its a bad thing, like were just stacked with them on the current roster. And Allegri relies heavily on counters, so how is he not a fit? Hes way faster than Morata too, hes on Chiesa level.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Morty is plenty quick and much better all around than Wiener
Morata would also be playing on the wings if he came back, Werner is a better fit there imo. Thats where he spent the majority of his time in Germany, while (based on his heat map at least) it looks like at Chelsea they've played him more central.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Werner 26yo 188g 84a in 412 games
Morata 30yo 180g 74a in 496 games
Edit: I know Morata stil 29, but he turns 30 this year, there is 4 years difference between them

Last edited:

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Werner 26yo 188g 84a in 412 games
Morata 30yo 180g 74a in 496 games
Overly simplistic and unreliable method to compare them.

Last 2 league seasons:
Werner goal/assist every 169 minutes on average
Morata goal/assist every 117 minutes on average

Means very little though.

You aren't comparing guys playing the same opposition, playing in teams with very different tactics, with very different teammates, playing different roles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)