Time to get realistic!! (5 Viewers)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by JuveCampione ] ++
come on don't finish our season before it even started.
That lineup is not so bad, it needs some improvements, but it is not so bad...
Put our lineup next to Milan's and Inter and then tell me what you think......

We have NOT improved from last season............................

Buy on AliExpress.com

Len

Feb 13, 2004
I think all we need is like two more signings and we'll be fine......at least until the winter transfer market, then we'll see from there....;)

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
OKAAAAYYYYY.......... dont forget the season is now 38 games. we need more players. i expect a RB to sign and another DM besides emerson and a striker. oh ya and a CB

OP

kweku

Jul 20, 2002
  • Thread Starter #28
    ++ [ originally posted by xNeo ] ++
    sadly enough, I think this will be our first team for next year:

----------------------Buffon----------------------
    --------------------------------------------------
    ---Zebina----Thuram--------Legro----Zambrotta---
    ---------------Emerson-----------Tachi------------
    --Camoranesi-------------------------Nedved-----
    --------------Del Piero ---------Trez-------------

Or something like that.

Yep this is probably how we are going to play, but Vinman is right we havent improved since last season. But the problems we had was defensive, but it was not just the defenders fault, we had a central midfield
    who wasn´t capable of keeping the ball within the team. We losed the ball to easily and thats why the defenders look liked dummies so many times. Look at Real Madrid for example, without Makalele ZZ wasn´t able to dominate the game as he used to, because nobody gave him the ball and not so suprisingly they finished only on 4th place. They were simply unbalanced.

Just as we all saw that Tacchi can`t lead a midfield, how this players is a regular at Juve?... is abilty was even more shown now without Davids. And Appiah was played out of his position, playing to much to the left, play him central and we will have a great player, he showed us all what he can at the beginning of the season, and most of you all prasied him as Davids heir and saying that we didn´t need Davids. A Emerson-Appiah pair can become great.

Hopefully Thuram can get to back to his real standard, and maybe switching him to his desired position will have the same effect as it did for Maldini. Legro has been the best player with Miccoli so far according to Capello. And I rather have a hungry player like legro than pay big money for Cannavaro who hasnt been himself ever since he left Parma. Moggi knows what he is doing.

And we got Tudor, some might make big eyes after hearing such a comment. But everytime Tudor has been given the chance to get back to form he has really impressed me. He has lot to offer juve but the problem is his injuries.

Thanks John 10 ;)

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    Milan and Roma have a squad capable of winning both CL and Serie A. ATM, I do not think we have enough talent to challenge them and given the fact that both team has become stronger, and we missed out some outstanding young prospects, well, it would Capello's greatest work of yet if he can lead this squad to either CL or Serie A. Short of truly oustanding. Mind you Porto won the tournament last year IMO with some ordinary players, and they done so with great organization and hunger. However, I question the desire, and determination on the part of players after winning so much trophies in their career. And with minimum signing, I doubt the message got acrossed.

Jul 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by kweku ] ++

Yep this is probably how we are going to play, but Vinman is right we havent improved since last season. But the problems we had was defensive, but it was not just the defenders fault, we had a central midfield
    who wasn´t capable of keeping the ball within the team. We losed the ball to easily and thats why the defenders look liked dummies so many times. Look at Real Madrid for example, without Makalele ZZ wasn´t able to dominate the game as he used to, because nobody gave him the ball and not so suprisingly they finished only on 4th place. They were simply unbalanced.

Just as we all saw that Tacchi can`t lead a midfield, how this players is a regular at Juve?... is abilty was even more shown now without Davids. And Appiah was played out of his position, playing to much to the left, play him central and we will have a great player, he showed us all what he can at the beginning of the season, and most of you all prasied him as Davids heir and saying that we didn´t need Davids. A Emerson-Appiah pair can become great.

Hopefully Thuram can get to back to his real standard, and maybe switching him to his desired position will have the same effect as it did for Maldini. Legro has been the best player with Miccoli so far according to Capello. And I rather have a hungry player like legro than pay big money for Cannavaro who hasnt been himself ever since he left Parma. Moggi knows what he is doing.

And we got Tudor, some might make big eyes after hearing such a comment. But everytime Tudor has been given the chance to get back to form he has really impressed me. He has lot to offer juve but the problem is his injuries.

Thanks John 10 ;)
    ur welcome...btw another agreable post, especially the tac comment,, he is a juve hero, but without davids he doesnt have the leg/creative partner, which davids uniquely gave..he is neither mobile, agressive or skilled enough to dominate our midifeld....appiah and blais, imo will in the future be able to do that.

tac, i dont dislike, but im begining to believe we will have a muh more effective unit if we had mobility and agression, mixed with passing and skill, tac merely offers a priliminary wall infront of the defenders...not a dominant force in midfield....this may change in the future, hopefully he will change his game nad become a more dominant midfielder, but if not...blasi may be the thug we need.

OP

kweku

Jul 20, 2002
  • Thread Starter #32
    Well jun hide, Milan is no doubt the best team in the world, there is no team who are balanced like Milan, Roma however arent better than Juve, They lost Samuel and Emerson, two world class players and replaced them with no world class players. Mexes and Ferarri arent a better partnership than Thuram and Legro, today at least. And they lost Lima aswell even if he isn´t that hard to replace, but they havent, they dont have a right back, with Totti and Cassano, you need a striker who is bigger than Montella. Roma is weaker than last season. Dont forget they havent bought Ferrari or Mexes officially yet, even if they probably will sign for Roma. but there are still some heavy questions marks over Roma.

Well john 10, Tacchi hero? can surely be discussed, Taachi loyal player yes, but you can ask yourself who would want to buy a player like Tacc for big money when you can find players like that everywhere?
    And Tacchi changing is his game is going to happen, the guy is 28 years old, he is a DM who cant even tackle, exept for those carrer breaking tackles he keeps on making and every time he looks astonished because the refs blows thier whistles. I dont dislike him but I cant see his good qualities exept for his love for Juve.

Jul 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by kweku ] ++
    Well jun hide, Milan is no doubt the best team in the world, there is no team who are balanced like Milan, Roma however arent better than Juve, They lost Samuel and Emerson, two world class players and replaced them with no world class players. Mexes and Ferarri arent a better partnership than Thuram and Legro, today at least. And they lost Lima aswell even if he isn´t that hard to replace, but they havent, they dont have a right back, with Totti and Cassano, you need a striker who is bigger than Montella. Roma is weaker than last season. Dont forget they havent bought Ferrari or Mexes officially yet, even if they probably will sign for Roma. but there are still some heavy questions marks over Roma.

Well john 10, Tacchi hero? can surely be discussed, Taachi loyal player yes, but you can ask yourself who would want to buy a player like Tacc for big money when you can find players like that everywhere?
    And Tacchi changing is his game is going to happen, the guy is 28 years old, he is a DM who cant even tackle, exept for those carrer breaking tackles he keeps on making and every time he looks astonished because the refs blows thier whistles. I dont dislike him but I cant see his good qualities exept for his love for Juve.
    dude i was trying to respect a longstanding player, and still point out his weaknesses.....if i had my way, i would have a enzo blasi midfield parntership....forget about starting tac, jus to give us a more competive midfield.

OP

kweku

Jul 20, 2002
  • Thread Starter #35
    ++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++

dude i was trying to respect a longstanding player, and still point out his weaknesses.....if i had my way, i would have a enzo blasi midfield parntership....forget about starting tac, jus to give us a more competive midfield.
    dude I know you were ;), and i´m saying thats the only reason why he is still here, but it wasnt´directed towards you, I was just making a statement

Jul 28, 2002
    k dude :thumb::cool:...guess we are agreeing on the tacc thing then.......he is still gonna be the number one dm/cm.

taquin

Apr 7, 2004
    My whole take on things... as mentioned b4 the BIGGEST signing of the season was mr capello. Nuff said about that till we see some superstar come to turin. I honestly think this determined coach will transform what a lot of you call a "poor juventus team" into a treble (even quadruple : UEFA SUPER CUP?) winning side. well i hope we're using a 4-2-3-1 system as milan did, it seems to work wonders lol.
    Defence...as kweku said, put thuram in his preferred cb position, he'll represent this season... legro he just had a poor last term.. expect good things from him under capello.
    As for midfield this is where it gets tricky, as mentioned b4 the emerson appiah can work in the defensive mid slots. this season because...as mentioned b4, lol appiah was outta position..he really was playin well at the start of the season in the centre.. attackin mids will definetly see nedved and alex del piero used i dunno who the 3rd midfielder will be..(kapo and blasi in front of camoranesi on the right?)hmm maybe even stronger would b miccoli on the right dp on the left and neddy in the centre...
    and well trez will have fun being the box striker he is hahahah he'll get all the balls served to him on a silver platter... i hope what i said made sense. that's my 2 cents on the whole issue lol

Valley

Apr 20, 2004
    With our current team, if we'd play a 4-2-3-1, I'd go for:

Zebina--Thuram--Legro--Zambrotta
    --------Appiah--Blasi----------
    Camoranesi----Nedved----Del Piero
    ----------Trez---------------

However, the changes I'd like to see, based on this are:

Appiah-> Emerson
    Trez -> Gilardino
    Zebina -> Bonera

Since those are the 3 most likely transfers (apparently), that's how I'd fit them in. And in truth, it doesn't look that bad!
    Sure, some of you don't like Bonera, but he's YOUNG and NO WORSE than Zebina!
    Gilardino is currently better tha Trez, younger, and Trez is in a horrific spell of poor form.

The major worry for the future is therefore Nedved's age. DP's age is not such a concern as his form.
    I just wonder whether Kapo would ever be able to play behind Trez, for a low cost future option.

I thikn the reason we are worried about the team is because of poor form last season. I'm sure Legro CAN be a very good defender under Capello. Also, DP and Trez are in poor form. If they were in the form they have been in the past, we'd be positive! Camo needs a good season too.

Notice how I don't even need to mention the keeper? See guys- THINGS COULD BE WORSE! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)