Time to get realistic!! (1 Viewer)

kweku

Jul 20, 2002
I see that many of you are talking about and hoping for different players, but its time to get realistic. Because I dont think we are going to see that many signings, because this suprises Moggi keeps talking about is probably players already in our squad, Players like Zebina, Legro, and Appiah, Zebina isn´t so highly regarded, Legro and Appiah didn´t perform as expected and Moggi is probably counting on these players to show the thier real worth and dont forget Moggis big ego, he doesn´t look good with two dissapointing transfers. So I am not really expecting a new central defender to be honest, our signing for Cb is switching Thuram to the center. And dont forget Capello wanted Legro at Roma and Zebina was a regular at Roma.

And according to Di Vaio Juve tried to exhange him with Vieri and then the deal fell trough and Juve wanted to keep him, but he left for Valencia because he wanted to feel important otherwise he would of still be here. So that would of basically left us with the Emerson transfer only. But with the Di Vaio sell we have to buy a another forward, but forget players like Mutu and Luis fabiano because they wont come. Gilardino is Juves first choice I think, but also an expensive one. Cruz is also another player who I think may come, many rubbishes this as bs simply because you dont like him and I agree that it would be such a boring transfer. But CApello wanted him at Roma two or three seasons ago and he would be ideal as backup to Trez. Wiltord is another posibility as he is free. Moggi wants to spend as little as possible.

And I dont think we are going to sign Janko, we signed Chiellini for a quite big sum if you consider this guy has never even played in Serie A, and this was Capellos buy as he bought him to Roma aswell (50%). So I think Chiellini will stay with the squad and not be loaned out, even if this is a option. and that leaves us with Zambrotta, Chiellini, Nedved and KApo on the left side, Janko wont come.

So expect Emerson and Gilardino (or another striker!) and possibly a wing back, but no more than that. That we would leave us with 5 captures, possibly six and thats quite much. But all of your are hoping for 2 new CB forget about it, this wont happen. And you cant just buy two central defenders and expect them to deliver, it takes time for 2 defenders to gel together. Even if the need of new defenders surely can be discussed!

Forza JUve!

Buy on AliExpress.com

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
agreee comleptely.... we already bought Zebina as a central defender and turning thuram into a CB also completes it.....this unrealistic request for 2 Cb get a tad annoying... i suggest u guys just stop the bashing and start giving support to the defenders of your favourite club already...

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
Of course I don't mind if we get no one else, but end the season with the Serie A title or Champions League. :) Can't see that happening though without some major signings.

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
It can happen without some major signings, (read Capello), who would have thought Porto would win CL, enough said.

Our biggest signing is Capello.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
We have Ferrara, Montero, Iluliano, Legro, Zebina, Tudor, Thuram as possible CBs. It is obvious that we have to sell before buying new one.
One possibility is that we are going to buy Oddo as RB, and play Thuram as a CB. The other possibility IMO is move Thuram or Zebina to RB, and buy one more CB. Last option, and perhaps worrying one is that, we might field Thuram - Zebina - Legro - Zambrotta, in which case I can see Buffon picking up a lot of ball from the net.

xNeo

Feb 10, 2004
sadly enough, I think this will be our first team for next year:

----------------------Buffon----------------------
--------------------------------------------------
---Zebina----Thuram--------Legro----Zambrotta---
---------------Emerson-----------Tachi------------
--Camoranesi-------------------------Nedved-----
--------------Del Piero ---------Trez-------------

Or something like that.

Sep 14, 2003
This isn't a strong squad, maybe even with 2 or 3 signings the team won't be a whole lot better. Depends who we get I suppose - I haven't been too impressed with some of the mames we've been linked to.

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by kweku ] ++
I see that many of you are talking about and hoping for different players, but its time to get realistic. Because I dont think we are going to see that many signings, because this suprises Moggi keeps talking about is probably players already in our squad, Players like Zebina, Legro, and Appiah, Zebina isn´t so highly regarded, Legro and Appiah didn´t perform as expected and Moggi is probably counting on these players to show the thier real worth and dont forget Moggis big ego, he doesn´t look good with two dissapointing transfers. So I am not really expecting a new central defender to be honest, our signing for Cb is switching Thuram to the center. And dont forget Capello wanted Legro at Roma and Zebina was a regular at Roma.

And according to Di Vaio Juve tried to exhange him with Vieri and then the deal fell trough and Juve wanted to keep him, but he left for Valencia because he wanted to feel important otherwise he would of still be here. So that would of basically left us with the Emerson transfer only. But with the Di Vaio sell we have to buy a another forward, but forget players like Mutu and Luis fabiano because they wont come. Gilardino is Juves first choice I think, but also an expensive one. Cruz is also another player who I think may come, many rubbishes this as bs simply because you dont like him and I agree that it would be such a boring transfer. But CApello wanted him at Roma two or three seasons ago and he would be ideal as backup to Trez. Wiltord is another posibility as he is free. Moggi wants to spend as little as possible.

And I dont think we are going to sign Janko, we signed Chiellini for a quite big sum if you consider this guy has never even played in Serie A, and this was Capellos buy as he bought him to Roma aswell (50%). So I think Chiellini will stay with the squad and not be loaned out, even if this is a option. and that leaves us with Zambrotta, Chiellini, Nedved and KApo on the left side, Janko wont come.

So expect Emerson and Gilardino (or another striker!) and possibly a wing back, but no more than that. That we would leave us with 5 captures, possibly six and thats quite much. But all of your are hoping for 2 new CB forget about it, this wont happen. And you cant just buy two central defenders and expect them to deliver, it takes time for 2 defenders to gel together. Even if the need of new defenders surely can be discussed!

Forza JUve!
spot on, u kno ur tuff mate....keep it real :D:cool:

Tha Bo$$

May 15, 2003
++ [ originally posted by xNeo ] ++
sadly enough, I think this will be our first team for next year:

----------------------Buffon----------------------
---Zebina----Thuram--------Legro----Zambrotta---
---------------Emerson-----------Tachi------------
--Camoranesi-------------------------Nedved-----
--------------Del Piero ---------Trez-------------

Or something like that.
I put my bottom dollar on it ,that we ain't gonna win nothing next season with that line-up! We talk about winning the CL! hahaha what a laugh...

Capello's team: (realistic)

------------------Buffon----------------------

--------Zebina ----Thuram----Legro -----
Oddo ---------------------------------Zambrotta

---------- Emerson ------Tacchinardi--------------

------------ Del Piero--------Nedved--------------

------------------Trezeguet--------------------------

Still not gonna win anything.......:frown:

Jul 28, 2002
well , on curren form no...but if trez and dp become topclass again...we may be able to win the coppa :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)