Tiago Mendes (4 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I just know we need a more creative player on our team. Tiago is certainly not that player even if Ranieri had treated him better.

But even tonight, he played better than Poulsen. The Dane lost almost every ball in the midfield, couldn't destroy, couldn't create, couldn't stop Inter attacks and couldn't lead ours.
Well that's to be expected. Poulsen is an overrated player and a bullshit transfer, that was always the case, a sorry excuse for a transfer that screams lack of understanding in the market.

One could also say that the Tiago transfer offers a lack of understanding.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Made me smile seeing him deck those two mofos after another like its happy hour in destruction derby (I watched the replay alot, I think he kicked Balotelli in the nuts :lol: ), cant get angry over a red card because it doesnt make a fucking difference, we wouldnt win regardless, and didnt even deserve the draw.

He was quite good the first half, quite off the second half, like the whole team except Gigi basically. There were worse players, but he went back to the Tiago I dont like and usually see in the 2nd. Except the red card, thats not the Tiago I usually see :D

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
Made me smile seeing him deck those two mofos after another like its happy hour in destruction derby (I watched the replay alot, I think he kicked Balotelli in the nuts :lol: ), cant get angry over a red card because it doesnt make a fucking difference, we wouldnt win regardless, and didnt even deserve the draw.

He was quite good the first half, quite off the second half, like the whole team except Gigi basically. There were worse players, but he went back to the Tiago I dont like and usually see in the 2nd. Except the red card, thats not the Tiago I usually see :D
:rofl2:

i'd love to see him play wit diego (IF he comes) & momo and marchisio in a 4-3-1-2 nex season

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006

Finally some sense over here

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
I would be willing to bet that if tiago went to a team such as Porto he would be reborn there, it seems though he can't play in a league with so much pressure. Let's face it he wasn't that good at Chelsea. He thrived at Lyon, probably because of the lack of real opposition. And we all know what's happened here...

tibike

Dec 11, 2007
Tiago proved at other clubs he's an above average player, so this is why I personally believe Ranieri is partly to blame for his destruction, through what he said to the media and his general handling of him.
I agree. And I add that it's also Ranieri's tactical ineptness to use some players. Tiago is not the only player that played crap under Ranieri. Just look at Criscito, Palladino, or Nocerino. They might not be world class, but this season they are playing some solid football, as they did before Ranieri. And furthermore, his preference to use Marchionni and Molinaro instead of Giovinco and De Ceglie. It's obvious who's more talented, but he just don't know what to do with some players. Ranieri's not willing to change his system to accomodate players. And that's, I believe, a reason why he has to leave. We can't afford to lose good players just because our coach can't use them.

JuveAdam

Moggi santo..subito
Sep 12, 2006
Not like him, respect him. Tiago gets not fucking respect although he is clearly not our worst player and definitely one of our best during the first half today.
No Tiago isnt our worst player. Can you think about what that actually means? Holy shit we have some BAD players now!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)