Tiago Mendes (6 Viewers)

Dec 26, 2004
http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/juventus/?action=read&idnotizia=6771

In the 10000 metre run Tiago was last, exhausted. Apparently Ranieri was right for not fielding him, his form is the worst in the entire team, he can't even run. But still Ferrara trusts in him and regista position could suit him, as he coud be static in front of the defence, moving Melo to partner Sissoko in front of him. That could be the reason we decided to buy Melo instead of D'Agostino.

---Diego
Melo-Sissoko
---Tiago

?

Sounds good for me.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Perhaps Tiago will fit a bit better in the team now that he has a playmaker to distribute to, along with some harder-nosed players in Sissoko and Melo next to him. But I still think this guy's future at the club is basically over with.

If he does see any time, it will be on the right side of the three main base midfield players.

Tiago - Melo - Sissoko

Diego

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Tiago still has the potential to be a decent player. It makes no sense for him to have excelled at both Chelsea and Lyon, and then, to suddenly become useless when he landed in turin. It makes no sense, but it appears to be factual...at least under Ranieri. With Ciro in charge, it is truly Tiago's last chance, to show his true colours. I never saw much of him at Lyon, but I saw him at chelsea as I was living in England at that time. He was one of the most reliable central midfielders in the premier league...Unfortunate for him that Essien appeared.

I find it hard to believe that he has simply been played out of position at Juventus. Because part of me says that quality always shows. I dont' mean that we could put Buffon on the left wing and his qualities would show, because his qualities are goalkeeping qualities...I mean that Tiago's qualities were nicking the ball, distributing it quickly and sweetly, getting box to box, but sitting back more than staying in the offensive positions. Those qualities should have shined through in the positions he has been asked to play for us so far...Still, who knows what Ranieri asked of him. And Tiago DID have a few decent games especially in the earlier part of last season.

in respect of his history, and his age, and his cost, he deserves a chance. Which he will get under Ciro. We now have a likely 3 man midfield...so perhaps we will see the real Tiago. With the world cup coming next year, I cannot imagine him or Poulsen staying with us just for the wages, to sit on the bench. Surely he is going to go all out, as seems to be the case with Poulsen proving one of the hardest working at Pinzolo presently...

Still, despite my hope for Tiago to show his worth, I am far more interested in witnessing the development of Marchisio this season. And I cannot stray from my desire to see Momo, Melo, Marchisio as our main midfield trio. I guess Tiago can be the extra creativity, if needs be, replacing Marchisio in that trio...

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Tiago: Ferrara sets me free Thursday 16 July, 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tiago Mendes tells Juventus fans they will finally see “the real me” under Ciro Ferrara’s diamond midfield system.

The former Chelsea man was drafted in as Claudio Ranieri’s biggest signing two years ago, but struggled to make an impact in the 4-4-2 line-up.

“I am much happier in a three-man midfield,” he told the Corriere dello Sport. “It means working harder, but also having more freedom.

“Now I can push forward, try to slot in to attacking moves, the things I always used to do and really enjoyed.”

Tiago got his first taste of the new Juve when he played in Wednesday’s 4-1 friendly win over Cisco Roma.

“There is a renewed sense of enthusiasm. We are a good squad and Ferrara wants us to play the ball. This will be a more entertaining Juventus,” continued the Portugal international.

“The Coach wants to win and proved he feels like one of us. He helped me a great deal personally and it was important to know he had faith in me.”

Ferrara did warn Tiago was “struggling in training,” but the midfielder assures it is only temporary.

“I have never worked so hard in my life! Certainly I feel tired and have some physical problems, but I am convinced in the end we will have a great season together.”
Channel 4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)