Tiago Mendes (4 Viewers)

DiDoz

Jun 23, 2007
You just gave me a false hope :)

but dont you think we better play with both Camo and Nedved, instead of replacing one of them by Tiago?

LegiaJuve

Jun 5, 2007
Yeah, he's had a rocky start to his Juve career... so what. Best he gets it out of his system before the season starts. Despite the question marks, I think (with time) he'll still manage to be an effective member of the squad.

If he's still lost after a month or two, then we can start to question his quality.

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
I think he played the entire 90 mins for the Portugese NT yesterday.That's a good sign he is back at full fitness and ready to start against Livorno.Hope he proves the ppl who already label him a flop (before he even touched a ball in an official game)wrong.

Forza Tiago,show em what you got:p.

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
Tiago can recommend himself to Ranieri if he will play good for the Portugese NT. I'd love to see him in the first eleven against Cagliari even though it's hard to choose between him,Almiron,Zanetti&Nocerino. I think we have one of the best central midfield of the league. It's great that we have 4 top class CMs:tup:

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
hmm i'm not so sure...Milan, Inter and Roma have better MFs than us if u think about it...so being 4th best hmmm
Look back into our history, we never had the names, but we always had the trophies ;) .

Our midfield is quite strong if they blend well together and adapt to each other.
Nedved, Camoranesi, Marcchionni, Zanetti, Tiago, Almiron, Nocerino, Salihamdizc, Olivera.

On the left we have: Nedved and possibly Olivera.
On the right we have: Camoranesi and Marcchionni.
Centre midlfield: Tiago, Almiron and Zanetti.
Then we have Salihamdizc who can be used on both sides (preferbly right) and in the centre as well.
Nocerino: who can be used on the right side as well as the centre

In addition to players like Molinaro who can play as a lift midfield if needed.

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
i think after milan and roma and inter , we have the best midfield easily. inter less than milan tbh and roma have a good midfield. but what team after them has the likes of nedved, caomarnesi, tiago, almiron, nocerino? the latter three maybe but the key players like nedved and camoranesi are key player for us and give us the lead over teams like lazio and fiorentina respectively.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Yeah he seemed to have woke up in the last 10 minutes or so, before that he was again avoiding contact with the ball. It's still too soon to judge but his displays are beginning to irritate me.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Yeah he seemed to have woke up in the last 10 minutes or so, before that he was again avoiding contact with the ball. It's still too soon to judge but his displays are beginning to irritate me.
After the poor start he made and losing his place in the team his confidence is bound to be low.

Give him time, I thought he looked good when he came on yesterday.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

After the poor start he made and losing his place in the team his confidence is bound to be low.

Give him time, I thought he looked good when he came on yesterday.
I suppose you're right, a morale problem can indeed affect a players performance drastically, maybe even more than a physical one. I really think he's a very good player, I just hope he comes to the same conclusion himself soon.

He looked good at the end of the match, he got a lot more involved with the play and had some good moves. Overall, with Almiron's poor performances in pretty much all of the official games, I think he deserves a shot from the start of the match. And the Roma game just might be the one to kickstart his form again. That, or we could seriously regret it...

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I suppose you're right, a morale problem can indeed affect a players performance drastically, maybe even more than a physical one. I really think he's a very good player, I just hope he comes to the same conclusion himself soon.

He looked good at the end of the match, he got a lot more involved with the play and had some good moves. Overall, with Almiron's poor performances in pretty much all of the official games, I think he deserves a shot from the start of the match. And the Roma game just might be the one to kickstart his form again. That, or we could seriously regret it...
I would play both of them, with Zanetti behind them and with DP and Neddy playing off Trez against Roma. This is to pack the midfield to try and stop them playing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)