Tiago Djaló (10 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I ain't gonna fanboi him like some Muricans do in the McKennie thread. But welcome, bro, and hope you do well here.

Last time we bought a Portuguese defender with a knee injury (Andrade), it didn't end well.
That same season 2007, we bought another Portuguese player named Tiago, it didn't end well either (he sucked).
We really need luck this time.
Yeah, Juve has not had good luck with Portuguese players I'm afraid. And recovering long from an ACL is a crapshoot.

And Tiago? I can't knock him for his defensive prowess after giving me the heartiest laugh of the year with his botched defensive clearances in front of goal.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
reminder juventus is broke but somehow could afford to spend 4.5m + wages + signing bonuses + agent fees on a player with an expiring contract that will never play.

and then you guys laugh at @Turk_Bianconero when he says there is corruption in the club management.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Was always an odd transfer in that it is really for next season.

We clearly paid up front for him because we wanted him and didn't think he'd choose us on a bosman. Time will tell whether he is worth it but signing guys who are coming off a year long injury is a big risk.

We only need to look as far as Chiesa to see the impact an injury like that can have and the recovery time.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Was always an odd transfer in that it is really for next season.

We clearly paid up front for him because we wanted him and didn't think he'd choose us on a bosman. Time will tell whether he is worth it but signing guys who are coming off a year long injury is a big risk.

We only need to look as far as Chiesa to see the impact an injury like that can have and the recovery time.
but he chose juve anyway? he could have rejected juve and waited for inter. to me it means the money was paid for no reason

Boksic

May 11, 2005
but he chose juve anyway? he could have rejected juve and waited for inter. to me it means the money was paid for no reason
True.

I'm assuming the guarantee of a big transfer now on higher wages and a rehab plan convinced him rather than waiting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)