Tiago and Jankulovski (1 Viewer)

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Rumors say that Juve scouts will be in Portugal this weekend for the game between Benfica and Sporting to observe the next "DAVIDS".

Cardoso Mendes Tiago
Benfica
Height: 178
Weight: 70
Position: Midfielder

He has a great shot. That's what I know about him.

Other rumor is that Jankulovski and Juve have a deal for this summer. I got this one from another Juve fan site so it may not be that credible.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Tiago has been followed by Juve for a while now, I read the same stuff before the start of the current season.

Jul 12, 2002
Tiago? The next Davids? Hardly. Tiago is a hard tackling midfielder (when he puts his mind to it), and he has a hard (not accurate, but hard) shot, but that doesn't make him Davids. He has no creative skill whatsoever and his on the ball skill is poor. A waste of money...

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #7
    ++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker ] ++
    Tiago? The next Davids? Hardly. Tiago is a hard tackling midfielder (when he puts his mind to it), and he has a hard (not accurate, but hard) shot, but that doesn't make him Davids. He has no creative skill whatsoever and his on the ball skill is poor. A waste of money...
    That's what they say. He can't be less accurate than Davids. I think he could score more goals also. IMO

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++
    That's what they say. He can't be less accurate than Davids. I think he could score more goals also. IMO
    He's probably a bit mroe accurate than Davids, but even so, the last thing we need is mroe long shots that don't go in.

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #9
    We need to see him more before we make judgments I think. For Jankulovski, I think he's too slow but if Pavel recommended him....

Aug 1, 2003
    oh my god for a second I thought you were talking about thiago motta of barca :wallbang:

I don't see what's the deal with Jankulovski ... is he thaat good, bit overrated I think, but considering I lack Udinese matches who am I to say ..

I only know this tiago thanks to CM, in CM jens bangsbo thinks he could make a nice addition :D

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
    Well, it is true: we don't really have Davids, and I think thats also a reason for the bad deffending this year! In the last years, we won a lot of balls in the midfield because of Davids and Tacchinardi! They both won the balls and passed them, so we could start an attack again! this year we have just Tacchi, as Appiah isn't as good in tackling and ball winning as Davids, and neither is Maresca!

So we need a new defender, of course, how can play on the right or in the middle, and we needa hard tackling mid, how wins the balls! Like Tiago, althought I don't really know him!

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    I was keen on Jankulovski earlier on this season, but not so much now. He isn't a necessity; we need defenders, good quality defenders. Spending money on unnecessary purchases will just make it harder to get a decent centre back. We all know how picky and cheap (yes, cheap) Moggi is. He's not gonna spend alot of money and if he spends on players like Jank and Tiago then he won't want to spend much on defenders and we'll end up getting Dainelli, Natali or Cribari.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    That's the way I see it. As it is, Moggi's gonna look for the cheapest, easiest acquirable defender with a little bit of talent and that scares me.

Jul 28, 2002
    great jus great. Moggi can get us Stank on the cheap, then invest in some qaulity at the back.A good chunk of the team needs future replacement. Conte??Ferrara??Pessotto??Fresi?? etc etc.

Investment time again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)