Thuram???? (1 Viewer)

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
vlatko said:
people are overreacting. and i don't know what all the fuss is about. thuram made a stupid mistake, so what? and all of the sudden people are going he's crap, he's lost it...you don't loose your game over the night. cannavaro and thuram are the two most synchronized cbs i have ever seen play in my life. and we're doing great, top of the leauge, through in the cl, everything is going smooth as a baby's ass and now all of a sudden we draw a TOUGH match and people start panic. we've grown overconfident and this draw is a good kick to put us back on the ground.
Couldnt said it better myself. + rep.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Eaglesnake_1 said:
Couldnt said it better myself. + rep.
thnx, glad we agree. ;)
ßömßärdiër said:
Why not much of Kovac?
kovac is not in thuram's class. kovac is reliable and he is a good defender but he's not world class, and thruam is. i liked kovac while he was playing for bayern and i think they shouldn't have let him go, much like they shouldn't let a lot of players go in the near future. kovac is the type of defender that doesn't think twice about smashing the ball to stands just to clear the situation, and that's sometimes a good thing, no need to complicate things, but he lacks thuram's compusure and positioning. kovac is a rough & tough type of dender, he's good in containing a certain player, much like he controlled ibra 2 years ago, but he's not world class, and thuram is.

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
thurum is definalty world class but he is definalty aging and may be loosing his edge just a bit with age! Thurum is class he has his little weaknesses like every defender he agverages a mistake a game which canna usually covers!! Ok thurum had a nightmare but he still our 2nd best centre back behind canna!! Kovac is good but not as good as thurum that is a certainly!!i would like to see thurum get the rest this week and keep rotating so he can clear his head again for after the new year!! We need Thurum at his best to b able to win a CL!!

Juve89

The Farmer
May 27, 2004
Thuram did make a BIG mistake, BUT does that mean that he has lost his touch?
Offcourse not, did you guys see Zlatan out there? A midfielder or an attacker can suck BIG time, without getting their share of the blame. Is it Thuram's fault that we drawed? Offcourse not! Football is a team sport, and football teams win and loose as a team. We had one goal, by Treze, thats all. Zlatan didn't produce anything,our midfielders didn't produce enough chances.

Hell, we win as a team and we loose as a team!

Dec 26, 2004
Alfio_87 said:
thurum is definalty world class but he is definalty aging and may be loosing his edge just a bit with age! Thurum is class he has his little weaknesses like every defender he agverages a mistake a game which canna usually covers!! Ok thurum had a nightmare but he still our 2nd best centre back behind canna!! Kovac is good but not as good as thurum that is a certainly!!i would like to see thurum get the rest this week and keep rotating so he can clear his head again for after the new year!! We need Thurum at his best to b able to win a CL!!
ya don't lose yar edge after one night normally...

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
DelpieroForLife said:
I've see the accident dude, and I can assure ya that Montero and Legro used to do such things per week two year ago...

It is not that bad with Lilian...
No man! I´m talking about the night before. That party made him 20 years older in one night...;)

You were kind a slow there...

Dec 5, 2005
Thuram is a good defender, but he has one or two seasons left, we should buy someone like Alex(psv) or Puyol, a fast player like martins or eto can run past thuram 10 times in a match!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
vlatko said:
people are overreacting. and i don't know what all the fuss is about. thuram made a stupid mistake, so what? and all of the sudden people are going he's crap, he's lost it...you don't loose your game over the night. cannavaro and thuram are the two most synchronized cbs i have ever seen play in my life. and we're doing great, top of the leauge, through in the cl, everything is going smooth as a baby's ass and now all of a sudden we draw a TOUGH match and people start panic. we've grown overconfident and this draw is a good kick to put us back on the ground.
If you are referring to me, I'm not overreacting at all...only pinpointing one of the weaknesses that has already cost us big time in the past year. Thuram is a great defender, however his weakness in the air will cost us again, and if teams know how to exploit this weakness we could be in trouble. Werder Bremen is a great side in the air with Klose up top, and we will have to make sure he is contained within our own box...I don't know if Thuram will be up to the challenge in the air, however hopefully it won't be that much of a problem for us. But in some ways I'm tempted to start Kovac ahead of Thuram just because he knows Bremen very well...and is better in the air than Lilian.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

RochemBeck said:
If you are referring to me, I'm not overreacting at all...only pinpointing one of the weaknesses that has already cost us big time in the past year. Thuram is a great defender, however his weakness in the air will cost us again, and if teams know how to exploit this weakness we could be in trouble. Werder Bremen is a great side in the air with Klose up top, and we will have to make sure he is contained within our own box...I don't know if Thuram will be up to the challenge in the air, however hopefully it won't be that much of a problem for us. But in some ways I'm tempted to start Kovac ahead of Thuram just because he knows Bremen very well...and is better in the air than Lilian.
i wasn't reffering to you in particular, i was reffering to this whole paranoid thread after thuram's error against lazio. everyone is so determind he's the reason for the draw, he's gonna cost us...well not to repeat myself, i don't think thuram, nor does his game, deserve this after all the years of top-notch performances.

with werder in mind i would step up kovac instead of thuram, but not because he's lost it, but because of pure tactical reasons, the ones you already pointed. kovac spent a lot of time in germany and can do much in the werder match. a side that has scored 46 goals in 17 leauge matches can't be taken lightly, especially not in such a important match. i do support playing kovac in that particular game over thuram, but not because of his error against lazio, but for pure tactical reasons. in my mind our cb duo is still canna-thuram, untill i see one of them destroying our game and loosing us points frequently, and neither fills that criteria so far.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
m_elayyan said:
I hate him , an experienced player like him should not have done like that , he is STUPID , instead of putting the ball away , he waited until lazio players came and put it in our goal , in addition off course of a lot of miss passes , i am sure that we could have won 1-0 if lazio did not score that early goal.
Why on earth is this post allowed to see the light of day? How is it possible that just because of one incident in a game, a thread is started and its first line is about hating a Juve player. I mean this is someone who is always talking stupidly about closing threads. why ppl are discussing this crap is beyond me

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Thuram is still class, not more in his prime but we have all seen what his experience defending could do for us. We have the best defensive record in the league and it can't all be the merit of our midfielder or canna.

On another note, I do feel that Kovac is more than up to it to replace Thuram as a starter. Thuram does seem tired in a number of games and a regular rotation of the two seems appropriate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)