• Thuram

• Nesta

• Andrew Beck

• Bad Hearts

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I was proud to have him, i ve always admired him... a lot...
after calciopoli he felt betrayed by our managers, he thought they would protect his carrier at this fragile moment, he was angry that they didnt and he knew enough to blame some of them.
On the top of it we off loaded him without question...
But i will never forgive him the fact that his French arrogance made him betray our fans, i could believe he could do anything to lose the large amounts of respect i had towards him, but he always managed to find a way to achieve the impossible despite the odds...

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Screw him!

How hard can it be to keep your mouth shut? Or at least be a little more diplomatic when criticizing your [break through] club's ex-management, show some respect to the fans.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Thuram as a footballer is a great in my eyes and was one of my favourite Juventus players when he played for us but i was so dissapointed when he turned his back on Juve and more ashamed of him when he refused to play for his country at the euros against Italy that now i have little to admire about his personality. Saying that though i wouldnt wish his illness on anyone and wish him the best of luck and thank him for some great memories.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Sarkozy 'snubbed' by sports star

Former French football star Lilian Thuram has revealed he rejected an offer last year from President Nicolas Sarkozy to join the government.

Thuram, 37, told Le Monde newspaper he was offered the post of the minister for diversity.

"We had a long discussion [with Mr Sarkozy] but for obvious reasons I could only refuse," he said.

Thuram, who was born on France's island of Guadeloupe, has been critical of Mr Sarkozy's tough stance on immigration.

He has also frequently spoken out on issues such as racism and problems facing young people in modern France, following riots several years ago.

Heart condition

"Politics is something very noble, which does not tolerate approximation... These things should be learned. This is what I am doing now by meeting people of different views. One day, perhaps," Thuram said.

President Sarkozy's office has not commented on Thuram's interview.

The defender made 142 appearances for France, helping to win the World Cup in 1998 and the European Championship in 2000.

He retired from professional sport last year after being diagnosed with a heart condition.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/europe/7867972.stm

Published: 2009/02/03 17:36:10 GMT

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Mr. Sarkozy then proceeded to call Mr. Thuram "a mercenary" and told him to join politics in Barack Obama's cabinet instead. :doh:

Sep 1, 2002
Great player, I saw him many times in Torino, wonderful times.

The end was sad, a sad and angry parting, but I thank him for the years before and forget that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)