THOUGHTS ABOUT EURO 04 QUALIFIERS today! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++
So its personal insults now is it?
What a lovely person you are erik.... But then your a mod so as usual you can say and do anything you like... grow up
Actually, I cannot just say and do as I like but that's another topic. As to insulting: I agree I went too far there and I apologize. A mixture of disappointment, frustration and anger took over there I suppose.

I dont try to be objective at all i have my views and express them as i see fit... yo udont like it dont read it.
As for saying i know everything about football.... when exactly have i said that... as ive said many times im jus a fan i know very little about the game... football isnt where my expertise lies
If others want to give that impression thats up to them but i have never said im a footballing expert.

If you knew anything about british nations or me you would know i have no intrest in scotland and couldnt care whether they go through or not.
The only thing that even slightly makes me think scotland going through would be a good thing is the possibility of us meeting them later and being the ones to knock them out.
The fact is they put up a good performance... credit where credit is due.

That actually wasnt my intended comment however it was the words of a dutch fan being interviewed on leaving the stadium and i thought it was quite apt to what we had jus seen.
The fact is you have a great squad ... but all the in fighting and other bullshit that surrounds them stops them from performing . One day when they actually realise if they want to win anything they need to play as a team and stop trying to show off there individual talents and pull the bottom lip in then they will be a force so yes i see them as pampered primadonas... sorry but thats my opinion... or am i not allowed my own opinion in your little world.

dont bother what??
No facade .. you read what i say how you like .. you wanna call it something go ahead.

You dont like what i write dont read it or jus wield your power and ban me
I have no intention of banning you, Paul. Never had. I do, however, sometimes get the idea that you try to look like the expert (that maybe you are, I don't know you well enough) and then I read that comment of pampered primadonas and I came to the wrong conclusion that you were just another chauvinistic Brit.

Now, when you tell me about the rivalry between England and Scotland - I very much got into contact with that when I lived in the UK but I also came across a sentiment of us versus the rest of the world. Us being of course all the British nations.

Fact is that we don't have a great squad, we have a couple of world class players and some 'good' players around that but they are by no means a team and can't perform to save their lives. I'd much rather have a group of lesser players who do co-operate.

Either way - I hope Holland doesn't make it to Euro2004. Yesterday we were toyed around like amateurs by the Scots. Imagine what would happen if we met France, Italy or England.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by KOPITE ] ++
its actually not REALLY cold but your right its a very TOUGH place to play many skinheads there but i think the officials could keep it under control and Spain should be through by Wednesday.
Tough to play with all the skinheads? At Ullevaal Stadion? You've either smoked something you shouldn't have or your talking out of your a*s...

Where did you live in Norway? If you met a lot of skinheads it can't be Oslo.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
i sincerely hope both scotland and latvia qualifies for euro 04. :touched:
i really don't think it's gonna happen. Beating Turkey at home is v. difficult, and SURELY Holland will wake up too !?!?

++ [ originally posted by Matto ] ++
Either way - I hope Holland doesn't make it to Euro2004. Yesterday we were toyed around like amateurs by the Scots. Imagine what would happen if we met France, Italy or England.
England? :wth:

btw guys, as interesting as this argument is...it can't be healthy.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
i really don't think it's gonna happen. Beating Turkey at home is v. difficult, and SURELY Holland will wake up too !?!?
They did yesterday after Scotland scored. They woke up but they still lost.

Why can't it be healthy? Realism is bad now?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

whats the matter with England?they are stronger than holland in the meantime:cheesy:

gray

Apr 22, 2003

Why can't it be healthy? Realism is bad now?
Oh, i was talking more about the previous post and the first paragraph, but i'm sure u can settle it like adults. It's pretty interesting to read, too ;)

++ [ originally posted by fred weasley ] ++
whats the matter with England?they are stronger than holland in the meantime:cheesy:
No matter what anyone says about current form (England's not being so great itself), I'd always be much more afraid of facing Holland than England. Maybe it's because I'm Korean, but even so...

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Oh, i was talking more about the previous post and the first paragraph, but i'm sure u can settle it like adults. It's pretty interesting to read, too ;)
It's pretty much settled already as far as I'm concerned. I apologized, did I not? ;)

gray

Apr 22, 2003

It's pretty much settled already as far as I'm concerned. I apologized, did I not? ;)
:sigh: boooooring :sleepy: I was hoping more for a "STFU gray, it's none of your fscking business".. oh well, u can't win em all :dontcare:

btw, reading ur sig reminded me...how cool's fiorentina, buying back their trophies :D:cool:

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003

me too... hence the use of the word hope instead of think ;)

i have a knack for young exciting squad...and scotland reald impressed me last nite.. never watch latvia play though...are they any good?

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
If both the Netherlands and Turkey dont qualify it will be easier for the Azzurri, but I want the Netherlands and Turkey in!!

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I saw the first half of the Spain-Norway game and the one thing you omitted Martin from your analysis is how terrible Spain's defence is

They cannot tell me that in the whole of Spain they do not have a better defender than Helguera as he is a midfielder

Exteberria, I find totally annoying as he is constantly looking for cheap free kicks and whats more grating is the fact that Spain kept attacking down that side and ignored for the most part Reyes who from his touches showed he is a talent

I would disagree slightly On Torres as though he missed a glorious chance which in all honesty he should have scored, he did show some nice touches on the ball and he was ususally crowded out, maybe in the second half he was bad I do not know

albeida and Baraja were massively disappointing

Norway well were effective in their way but I would rather not watch them against anybody as they find a way to strifle the life out of entertainment , though I am sure they would be kicking themselves for conceding the first goal

They have a distinct lack of pace in the middle of defence and was Brattbank brought in to defend? I thought he was a striker

Gino

The Funky Homosapien
Jun 6, 2003
all wat mater is that italy is ther,
but i wanne see latvia knock out turkey hehehe :D
that would be cool,
because turkey's guys from my school think turkey is the best soccer nt (LOL!!!!) :D

and i also hope spain wont make it !

but even if turkey spain and holland will go trou it doesent matter
because i still think nedved's team trezeguet team and delpiero's team will be the best three NT.

ciaooo Forza ITALIA

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Yes, I didn't mention it as it was pretty much all about Spain offensively speaking.

++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
They have a distinct lack of pace in the middle of defence and was Brattbank brought in to defend? I thought he was a striker
Yes he is, Norwegian coaches have a long history of playing strikers on the wings, even in central midfield. Supposedly that helps their ultra defensive 4-5-1 succeed but it's never actually worked AFAIK. While the strikers might be better players than the midfielders available, they just don't possess the ability to make the wing play effective.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
Supposedly that helps their ultra defensive 4-5-1 succeed but it's never actually worked AFAIK.
:(

Haven't done your homework here, Martin? :fero: ;)

No, Drillo used strikers on the wing with great success (J. Flo), but Semb hasn't got a clue, he's probably doing just cause Drillo did it. Also, we don't really have any good wings anyway, but it's still quite ridicilous. Will be interesting to see how the new manager handles these problems, J.A. Fjørtoft said the new manager(s) will be presented within a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)