Thorsten Frings and Diego "linked" with Juve (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
so true
Frings was classy during the whole season! Believe me and the guys from Germany or Austria. We see a lot of , if not every Werder game.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Frings is an excellent player and we could get him for 10m € or a bit less if we give them Kovac.

The Germans were shooting themselves when he couldn't play the semi-final vs Italy at the WC.

reggaeboy

É la erede al trono!!!
Sep 8, 2003
11 million €?! Way too much!! He isn´t worth it imo.
Its ironic how most persons in this forum dont think that Frings is worth 11 million Euros when the vast majority of Werder fans consider him to be their BEST player (NOT Klose or DIEGO) - 30 is a good age in world football at this moment. Not only is Frings ripe with experience but he can be that midfield engine that we need for A...he is a 'box to box' player who contributes a lion share both to his team's offensive and defensive cause. I would more than welcome him for that money...Can't wait to see him in the black and white :pint:

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
Let take a step back and think of this for a second. We currently have in the central midfield:

ZANETTI
GIANNICHEDDA
PARO
MARCHISIO

With the option of:

TACCHINARDI
NOCERINO

On the flanks we have:

NEDVED
CAMORANESI
MARCHIONNI
SALIHAMIDZIC

I am definately all for bringing in one defensive midfielder, but we need to focus on the flanks where we have Camoranesi (who we don't know is staying or not) and Nedved (who is reaching the end of his career). Behind them there is no one guys. Salihamidzic is a solid sub, even a good rotation player, but we need some more depth here for sure because I have my doubts on the starting ability of Marchionni.

We need some players who can move down the flanks.

To hear the names Frings, Diego, Almiron, Ribery are great, but we need to think about picking up some Italians as well. I don't want to turn into Inter Milan.

According to my notes, we will need to spend money on 2 CB's, 1 DM, 1 SM, and 1 Striker. That is after we acquire Grygera and Salihamidzic.

Also, we can't be foolish thinking that we can go into the Serie A season with a totally new lineup. That is just silly. Knowing well that we have to replace the central defenders and possibly the RB, we can't just go putting a new central midfield in as well.

Between Zanetti, Giannichedda, Paro, Marchisio, and Tacchinardi we will have a decent middle core as far as depth goes. If the assumed departures of Tacchinardi and Giannichedda take place, than we are certainly due for 1 maybe 2 DM's. The first being a very good defensive midfielder and the second a good youngster or solid vet.

The point is:
We have to work new players in with our current squad. We can't just think that our next years lineup will or should consist of more than 4 new starters. It is just silly. Please stop with these bogus lineups.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
11 or 10 m is an acceptable price imo
he is a world class midfielder and an integral part of that Werder bremen team, you wouldn't think he would come in cheap.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Ribery, or Diego would be good, both expensive though. I prefer Pato.
What with the new trend of us fearing of expensive players! We got three players, two of them are free; Salhimadizic and Grygera. Frings won't cost us more than £7m at the maximum and we still haven't broken the bank.

Did you guys forget that the club has launched officially a £72m capital increase to cut debt, improving our youth section and for the transfer market?! This means that we'll spend around £45m on the mercato according to some announcements and prospects. Plus, the players whom we intend to sell by the summer. Therefore, to break up the bank for a player like Diego, whom we desperately need, is a wise step and not the opposite.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
Ahmedios.

I think we need to spend money on

2 CB
1 DM
1 SM
1 CF

5 Player isn't a lot for 45m, especially if we spend some money (as we should) on a striker like Huntelaar or Bianchi. Or a solid CB or two. I would personally indulge in M. Diarra or Gilberto Silva.

I agree with you that there is a trend forming on these forums. Everyone likes to think it is a video game and they are wheeling and dealing. But, I can understand it too an extened because 45m is not too much to spend on 5 players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)