This idiot again! (1 Viewer)

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Totti tears into 'traitor' Capello
Sunday 19 December, 2004

Francesco Totti has launched a scathing attack on Fabio Capello and the Roma fans, warning he’ll leave the club unless they can challenge for the title.

“I am waiting for news from the club,” he told ‘Il Messaggero’ this morning. “Wages aren’t the important thing when it comes to my contract renewal. There have to be plans in place, as we cannot return to the days of a Roma side aiming for third or fourth position.”

Totti’s future has been the subject of controversy over the last couple of years, as Real Madrid, Inter and Milan are all willing to give him a real shot at trophies. The matter will come to a head over the summer, as his contract expires in 2006.

This week Coach Gigi Del Neri said Totti would remain in the Capital out of a lifestyle choice, but it seems he misjudged the mood of the city.

“The fans want me at Roma forever, but then they’re the ones who repeatedly insult me in the street,” said the Italian international. “I am only the captain when things are going well, otherwise I’m the ‘mercenary’ and ‘playboy millionaire’,”

Real Madrid seems to be the most likely destination should he choose to move on from his home town, but the door is open for another option.

“I have received offers from Italy and overseas. I would never join Juventus or Lazio, but in any case my preference would be for somewhere outside Serie A. If I ever did leave, it would not be a sudden transfer in the middle of the night,” he said with clear reference to Fabio Capello’s departure. “I would explain everything to the fans and leave Roma with my head held high.”

Capello’s decision to join rivals Juventus in a shock move this summer will probably never be forgiven by Totti, who launched another scathing attack on the Coach that took Roma to the Scudetto.

“Our summer tour around the world was Capello’s last gift before leaving,” he smirked. “It was a crazy decision, especially with so many of our players already caught up in the Olympics. I think Capello might have planned it on purpose to ruin our season.”

The two men have already engaged in a bitter public battle this season and Totti’s latest comments look set to stir up further controversy.

“Capello even had the gall to take Philippe Mexes for a ride. The day before signing for Juve he assured the defender a project was in place for this team. He can’t have reached an agreement in 24 hours. I think he already knew he was leaving Roma long before then, as first he was in talks with Inter before Juve came in. That’s Fabio Capello for you.”

channel4.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Why would you think Totti is stupid after reading this article? He says opinion and has the right to do so. It wasn't very pretty what Capello did to Roma, we should bear that in mind. Capello hasn't got any class whatsoever and it's pretty insulting that he told youngsters not to follow Totti's lifestyle. It's good for us that Capello joined us, but let's face facts.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++
Totti’s future has been the subject of controversy over the last couple of years, as Real Madrid, Inter and Milan are all willing to give him a real shot at trophies.
whoops :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Totti should stop the crying and get over it, this is football. He should think to himself what he would do in the same situation, either coaching a loser team like Roma or come to a winning club like Juve. But he's too much of an airhead to make meaningful comparisons.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++
Why would you think Totti is stupid after reading this article? He says opinion and has the right to do so. It wasn't very pretty what Capello did to Roma, we should bear that in mind. Capello hasn't got any class whatsoever and it's pretty insulting that he told youngsters not to follow Totti's lifestyle. It's good for us that Capello joined us, but let's face facts.
Insulting? Why is it insulting to tell young kids not to become a self-important cheat?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
*sigh* I'm not saying Capello wasn't right. I'm saying Totti must have taken that as an insult. Which it was for Totti. You don't do things like that, as a human being I have no respect left for Capello. Saying stuff like that behind Totti's back is pretty low.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
AS Roma skipper Francesco Totti made it clear today that his first desire is to remain with his home-town club.
“I always said the same things. I want a great team because the fans and the players deserve one. My first objective is to remain at Roma. It’s my dream to stay here. It’s not about money,” he said.

Yesterday Totti had issued a threat to the club’s management in which he stated that if the team is forced to scale down its ambitions as a result of financial problems, then he will probably leave the struggling club to join a European giant.

Totti also hit back at Lazio icon Paolo Di Canio, who yesterday made fun of Totti’s alleged lack of intellectual flare by saying, “If I talk about the Middle East with Totti, he’ll probably think its an area on the football pitch.”

“Di Canio who? The coach? Sorry, don’t know who this guy is,” said Totti.

Roma face off against their city rivals when the Serie A championship resumes on January 6th.

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
++ [ originally posted by king Ale ] ++
“Di Canio who? The coach? Sorry, don’t know who this guy is,” said Totti.
What a sucky comeback... I used that line in kindergarden. It just shows that Totti lacks of inteligent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)